It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage resigns as Ukip leader

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Out of the EU we can get duty free stuff on the ferries again. You could buy one of those giant tins along with your 50 king eddies and litre of Bushmills.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I actually googled the price of maple syrup and the companies selling it in the UK.

Clark's seems very popular, but it's cut with lots of extra ingredients and the cheapest are the 'dark' syrups. Here in Canada, the darks are not what we want for excellent flavour. I get my syrup from a farm just a few miles down the road and it is lip-smacking excellent. I can even watch it getting made in the spring. BTW... NEVER buy maple syrup in plastic bottles. The syrup interacts and creates mould. I buy 1 quart glass bottle a year and it does me well.

Canada and the UK have always done trade together and I see no problem with it. As far as I'm concerned, I hope it does grow after Brexit.

At the very least, it's making our farmers a good living and not some tycoon driving a custom Rolls.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

My fear is that I shall end up rather like Arthur Dent, desperately clinging onto his last tin of Greek olive oil as he travels across the universe, lost...

I would have to swap Greek for Spanish, obviously, but the principle is the same.

Sad days ahead.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

The stuff I buy is in a little glass bottle and the colour of bitter. Tastes lovely though and is pure.

Very true. The people putting the work in ought to get a bigger slice of the pie.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I like Italian, I must confess. Only as a dressing mind, I never cook with veggie oil, transfats are killers.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
what a disgrace. he lies to get his result then runs and hides fearing the aftermath

this guy is an all time loser

Ooh, go on. What lies are these?

the exaggerated amount of money that was going to the EU will go to the NHS. apparently that was a "mistake" to have said that according to old Nigel.

but you knew that already.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

what a disgrace. he lies to get his result then runs and hides fearing the aftermath

the exaggerated amount of money that was going to the EU will go to the NHS. apparently that was a "mistake" to have said that according to old Nigel.

"350m is sent to the EU a week, let's fund our NHS instead".

Is £350m sent to the EU a week? Not including rebates it works out at £350m a week. With rebates it's £250m a week. Either way, whether £17bn a year or £10bn a year we do not want to be funding the EU corruption.

Farage was questioned on it and he said it was a mistake to use the NHS funding in the campaign, this is true. However, he did not use it and was not even an officially in the Leave campaign. The message was also non specific. It did not say all £350m was promised to the NHS. The leave campaign had and have no authority over funding.

The message overall was still valid - stop sending money to the EU and spend more n the NHS. If you really want to make a big deal about it then, yes, the message can be interpreted in the way you and the media interpret it. However, as with all you people whining about the 'lies', your opinion is worthless because you happily ignore all the lies on the other side.

Happily the British people saw right through the duplicity of those that would exaggerate as part of project fear to keep us as slaves to Brussels. They stuck two fingers up to the EU and voted to leave
Get over it.
edit on 4/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Well, I have no idea if you are actually an expert on olive oil, a regular and well versed aficionado, or just a casual user. It must be said though, that apart from olive oil actually bought in Italy at the production point, an enormous quantity of olive oil sold with an Italian brand name is produced in Spain and bottled in Italy.

Trust me, if you want good olive oil buy Spanish, you are almost certainly going to pay about half the price for the same thing, unless you have a specific and small sized producer you buy from, in which case they will have a denominacion de origen stamp. Andalusia is king, no comparison really.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Idealists

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Ah, well if you had looked just a little deeper instead of letting the msm tell you what to think, you would know that the 350 million figure was property of vote leave, the official group that represented Brexit. Nigel, and his group were excluded by them.

He had nothing to do with that claim, it was all Boris and Gove.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Thanks for that. I may have to adjust my views on oil then.
I get through about 2 litres a month. (With the help of my wife and 3 teenage kids).

I don't tend to buy the 20 quid a bottle stuff, just so long as it says extra virgin and produce of Italy.
I'll deffo have a look into Spanish next time though.
So thanks.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
express.co.Uk

When questioned about his previous decision to stand down, he said: "I won't change my mind again, I can promise you." Ukip sources say Mr Farage has been disturbed by a surge in death threats that has worsened dramatically since the referendum climaxed in a vote for Brexit. One insider said the Ukip leader has given a statement to police in recent days about threats to harm members of his family.

Seems like a good reason to get out of politics..

"He has been very concerned about the death threats. They have really got to him," one source said. Hundreds of messages on Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites have made vicious attacks on Mr Farage, with frequent calls for him to be shot. One recent tweet said "Someone needs to assassinate Nigel Farage with immediate effect" while another said: "I will pay for someone to shoot Nigel Farage." Earlier this year, anti-Ukip protesters forced Mr Farage, his wife, Kirsten, and two younger children to flee from a pub in south London where they were enjoying Sunday lunch. The Ukip leader was also pelted with an egg by a protester during a Brexit campaign visit to Nottingham. Mr Farage has been a hate figure for Left-wingers ever since helping to found Ukip in 1993 but the threats and attempted attacks have worsened in recent months as he played a leading role in the referendum campaign.

Hassling someone having lunch with his family... low class...

If all this is true... truly cant blame the guy for bailing... add it on top of health issues I am surprised he lasted this long.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
express.co.Uk

When questioned about his previous decision to stand down, he said: "I won't change my mind again, I can promise you." Ukip sources say Mr Farage has been disturbed by a surge in death threats that has worsened dramatically since the referendum climaxed in a vote for Brexit. One insider said the Ukip leader has given a statement to police in recent days about threats to harm members of his family.

"He has been very concerned about the death threats. They have really got to him," one source said. Hundreds of messages on Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites have made vicious attacks on Mr Farage, with frequent calls for him to be shot. One recent tweet said "Someone needs to assassinate Nigel Farage with immediate effect" while another said: "I will pay for someone to shoot Nigel Farage." Earlier this year, anti-Ukip protesters forced Mr Farage, his wife, Kirsten, and two younger children to flee from a pub in south London where they were enjoying Sunday lunch. The Ukip leader was also pelted with an egg by a protester during a Brexit campaign visit to Nottingham. Mr Farage has been a hate figure for Left-wingers ever since helping to found Ukip in 1993 but the threats and attempted attacks have worsened in recent months as he played a leading role in the referendum campaign.

If all this is true... truly cant blame the guy for bailing... add it on top of health issues I am surprised he lasted this long.

There was a big row on Twitter when some idiot announced he'd like to gang rape his daughters....(9 and 15 years old, I think). Lots of progressive types baying for blood in that thread.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The kippers that voted for breakfast

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

There are some politicians in the US I despise... their policies... I would never threaten them... or their family.. or hassle them in a situation like a family lunch.

If your camp (not saying you Sproket just speaking in general) has people like that on your side folks need to re-evaluate their side to see if its really something they should be behind.

It boggles my mind... we are seeing that now in the states with people advocating the murder of trump... what the Ell is going on in the world...

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Freaks abound on all sides.

The real idiocy that drives me crazy is the sheer number of them that continue do do this stuff, despite constant reminders of how it's just not on.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I'm starting to wonder about the leave camp and whats really up. Why would you resign after getting what you fought for? Why would Boris refuse leadership?

Now we have people like Blair hinting at another referendum.. or maneuvering with Europe on the Brexit..

for one reason or another I feel Brexit isn't going to happen

I think this is suspicious also..

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I'm starting to wonder about the leave camp and whats really up. Why would you resign after getting what you fought for? Why would Boris refuse leadership?

Now we have people like Blair hinting at another referendum.. or maneuvering with Europe on the Brexit..

for one reason or another I feel Brexit isn't going to happen

I think this is suspicious also..

You have to remember that he isn't part of the government. A completely different party and he's not even an MP, merely an MEP.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

express.co.Uk

There was a big row on Twitter when some idiot announced he'd like to gang rape his daughters....(9 and 15 years old, I think). Lots of progressive types baying for blood in that thread.

The progressive far left is the same the world over... violent, hateful and murderous if they are challenged. They are the brown shirts of the modern day era.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

express.co.Uk

The progressive far left is the same the world over... violent, hateful and murderous if they are challenged. They are the brown shirts of the modern day era.

Quite, and what's worse is that they aren't really the left.
I remember when those on the left fought for freedom of information, representation etc (at least in the UK) I think the last "left wing" government we had was Blair and Brown's debacle. Talk about authoritarian.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join