It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage resigns as Ukip leader

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

She wanted out also I think.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll blame you.

Seriously though, we will do what we should always be able to do, vote for our governments based upon their performance. If they fail us we will vote for someone else.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

If the issue was, who the biggest s#talker was that you could vote on, well, it is not..

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: UKTruth

Privileged people, think the world works in a lot of ways... But in reality, it really doesnt.. You and i we can talk politics all day long, at the end of the day.. You are gonna think its real and go home frustrated, while i am gonna say;

"Geez, how do people really buy into this #, oh well im hungry.. " Its all a dream, you just took a big S# in the dream..Hoping it doesnt smell..

I am not talking about conspiracies or corruption - I know those things are real. Irrelevant now though. In the real world, the majority of the British voters in the referendum voted to leave the EU. It's really that simple. Whining about who said what and when to influence the vote is just a classic case of navel gazing.

The only important discussion now in relation to the EU is how Britain moves forward most effectively. Demonising Nigel Farage is just a completley useless waste of time. He did the job he wanted to do. It was not, is not and never will be his job to steer the ship.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Okay, in the real world.. Give me a single practical idea on how you are gonna do it.. No fantasies or ideals.. Force everyone? You thought EU was a dictatorship, being alone in a big world.. It's totalitarian that is coming, you ain't got a word now.. And your kids, well they are gonna fight some war for democracy.. Enjoy

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

To be honest, you sold your kids just so you can live a better life for the near 5 years.. The worst part is, you ain't even ashamed.. That is what actually disgust me

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Okay, in the real world.. Give me a single practical idea on how you are gonna do it.. No fantasies or ideals.. Force everyone? You thought EU was a dictatorship, being alone in a big world.. It's totalitarian that is coming, you ain't got a word now.. And your kids, well they are gonna fight some war for democracy.. Enjoy

This country already fought a war for democracy and won. This country has survived for hundreds of years without being dictated to by Brussels. The EU is the slowest growing economy of any major trading block. I think we'll do just fine. The vote has been cast and we democratically decided to leave the EU.

Oh, and the FTSE 100 is up 300 points since June 22nd. Now if you want to talk about which side was lying about the effects of Brexit, start with the remain side.

As for your 'force everyone' comment, I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about... but you do seem to be still a little upset at being on the losing side of a democratic vote.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Why are all the leaders quitting now? what is going on?

This is actually quite funny tbh..... it shows how over-rated these so called 'leaders' really are.

We need a Jon Snow to rally the North!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
God, I'm so glad we are all steering clear of hyperbole.

Those who voted remain may think they did it for their kids, but to suggest leavers did not vote for their kid's futures is just plain daft.
What better gift for your kids than freedom, independence and democracy?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

To be honest, you sold your kids just so you can live a better life for the near 5 years.. The worst part is, you ain't even ashamed.. That is what actually disgust me

Sold my kids? You really have no idea what you are talking about. You seem to have bought the media spin that only older people voted for Brexit. Get informed, stop being bitter and insulting people and you might feel better

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Well, in Nigel's case I think it's a combination of job done, needing a rest and being in a position whereby he can be of some use to the Tory government who just would not touch him as leader of UKIP.

As for the others, all sorts of reasons.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The only thing i learned from this, those who retired.. Want more..

In the Nordic, we had a legend, something called Ättestupa, if you as an elder couldnt fulfill your obligation to society and was just a mouth to feed.. You jumped..

But its just a legend, but the bones down there are real..

You want a Nordic rule once again? You should read your history books about what they did... For the Nordic, its a way of life.. For you, its an atrocity..

-------------------

Real questions; Can the UK support itself, food.. Do you have labor? When Nordics vote, its really easy, we use our common sense..

Voting doesnt really fill that stomach..

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

At this moment on RT UK there is an interesting documentary showing how the EU has ruined the lives of many hundred's of thousand's of Spanish and how the whole thing is really just a scam, the economy's of the new members (that Germany want's into the EU) are given sweeteners and subsidies at the expense of the more developed members such as UK and France, Wages in the more developed country's are driven downward impoverishing the working class while cheap labor them flood's in from the new member states and this was another reason that the Right wing (economic not Racial or Nationalist) element in Germany and Belgium wanted the like's of Turkey in the EU as well as the like's of Ukraine despite the obvious problem's it would cause for other member state's.

They bailed out the bank's and the cost of that also was taken from the poor working class family's right across the EU which is the whole single reason for the austerity measure's that have caused so much grief.

In other word's it is really a German ran club and those that run it was absolute crook's every bit as bad as the worst excess of the Tory party or New Labour here.

I may have had my reservation's about Farage but now he is stepping down I can say that actually I find that I quite liked the guy and he spoke a hell of a lot of sense even if he was otherwise a Tory at heart and I am a staunch traditionalist labour voter (votor).

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Start living in the real world instead, it would do more good than harm

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

We now have 15% corporation tax the lowest of the major economy's.
That will atract businesses to stay and comw here.

And those who export? You are gonna compete with China? Oh boy, you can pitch it as English Quality and see if someone buys a 1000 quid shoe..

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The only thing i learned from this, those who retired.. Want more..

In the Nordic, we had a legend, something called Ättestupa, if you as an elder couldnt fulfill your obligation to society and was just a mouth to feed.. You jumped..

But its just a legend, but the bones down there are real..

You want a Nordic rule once again? You should read your history books about what they did... For the Nordic, its a way of life.. For you, its an atrocity..

This is one of the most F#'d up statements I have ever read on ATS.

The old should kill themselves when no longer useful. WTF?? That alone says it ALL about you.

You make these decisions all while depending on the GOVERNMENT to inform you of what you should think.

The British government failed to explain in what ways leaving EU is beneficial to the UK..

Why in bloody hell would you depend on the government to 'explain' things to you, especially in the internet age??

Depending on the government for everything, as you seem to embrace, leads to people thinking like you!

Kill off the old??? What the bloody #?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
The old should kill themselves when no longer useful. WTF?? That alone says it ALL about you.

This line of thought looks like confirmation of the comment I made on another thread;

This is also tapping into an underlying resentment about the existence of the Boomer generation.
Previously this has been expressed only in suggestions that the old have too much of the nation's wealth, that they ought to live in smaller houses and make more housing available for the young, and so on.
Now the youngest generation think they have discovered a virtuous excuse for their gerontophobia.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Fearmongering in every Brexit thread will win you nil points, as the French like to say.

Secondly, I have no kids, I just don't want to spend the next 60 years of my life ruled by Autocrats and their puppet masters like Soros, the Koch's nor the Trilateral Commision.

Bully for you that you can come into every thread a smear an entire generations despite them fighting with life and limb for Britain.

Cry us a river.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

This is how nature works, you live in a fairy -tale.. This is how the Nordics lived for thousands of years..

What does it say about me? That i see longer than the closest four years?
Our society is built on thinking further than four years.. It means we dont have take desperate measures to survive..

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Absolutely correct, I am sick and hearing MP's saying there are too many old folk's or we have an aging population.

Tikbalang.

What you have said about the elderly is wrong and remember what you do to the old will one day be done to you they are the mirror of your future and if you think you are not going to ever get old then you may surprise youself as generally self centered youngish people don't kill themselves when they get a little bit older or allow other's to do them in, no you are most likely going to get really old and probably end up being treated badly by someone that does not like old folk's - the Indian's call it Karma.

edit on 4-7-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join