It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baghdad bombing kills at least 125; ISIS claims responsibility

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

www.cnn.com...

A suicide truck bomb ripped through a busy shopping district in Baghdad over the weekend, killing more than 100 in what was the deadliest single attack in the war-weary country in years. The brazen Saturday night attack in the heart of the packed Karrada neighborhood killed at least 125 people, including 25 children and 20 women.

It seems these attacks are becoming more and more frequent, and more widespread.

Is it really just that these stories are being reported more by the msm to spread fear?

It seems like we are gradually descending into WW3. The end game is total destruction. I don't see any other way out for the world.

edit on 4-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

If it weren't for Muslim Extremists the world would be a pretty damn nice place. Right now almost all the turmoil in the world and negative news stories have something to do with Muslims.

The world will be fine once these people pull themselves out of the Stone Age.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Islamists kill the kafir and the apostates, what the # are we going to do?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well I know what Im gonna do when this is on my doorstep.

Until we have strong leadership that brings us all together to fight against this evil isn't that all any of us can do? Defend ourselves and fight when the time comes.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Totally true, but its like they're being allowed to take over.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I was wondering when someone would start a thread on this attack. It seems like these are becoming so common-place that unless ISIS attacks a "White" country, its only on the front page of news websites for a few hours.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
My heart is heavy to learn of such a massive loss of life. I still cannot fathom this new world where men live in fear of the police and government that they are crippled to fight back against evil no matter what office they sit. I served in those neighborhoods and have met people from there. For those that served that area was along MSR Cardinal meeting MSR Lincoln

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Normal human beings don't settle their disputes with guns and bayonets, but for some reason Governments and Islamic Extremists think this is acceptable behavior in the 21st century.

Killing people isn't acceptable except when threatened and in fear for ones life.

edit on 2016/7/4 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

When being encroached upon by the law in America you are taking your life in your own hands. I am afraid of the police more so then I am of the populace in Iraq.

The world we live in today is a very strange place, because our views may differ from time to time on seperate and unrelated issues at the least we probably wish for the same thing, peace and prosperity, understanding compassion and freedom.
edit on 4-7-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
It seems like we are gradually descending into WW3. The end game is total destruction. I don't see any other way out for the world.

In terms of Albert Pikes book stating that the elites' antichrist will come about after 3 world wars, WW3, between Islam and Christianity went live during Gulf War 1 1991.

Recent events are just an implement on what has been in play for 25 years.

Also 555 in numerology is change and death in Christianity.
125 = 5x5x5

Just wait for Nov 26th 2016 because its 5555 days after Sept 11 2001 or big death.
555 days after Sept 11 2001, Iraq got change for the worse and death.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Just ban religion? No seriously, ban religion.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

There are constant bombings happening in Iraq.

Descending into ww3?

Most Iraqis have been living in a war zone for years.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Normal human beings don't settle their disputes with guns and bayonets, but for some reason Governments and Islamic Extremists think this is acceptable behavior in the 21st century.

Killing people isn't acceptable except when threatened and in fear for ones life.

Yet dueling was once not only acceptable but it was the only way to solve an issue.....we have have been killing each other for a simple disagreement for a long long time...

This is one of many sites that come up when googling dueling....

In our modern age, solving a problem by asking a dude to step outside is generally considered an immature, low class thing to do. But for many centuries, challenging another man to a duel was not only considered a pinnacle of honor, but was a practice reserved for the upper-classes, those deemed by society to be true gentlemen.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

I have walked those neighborhoods and fought against skilled and brutal men to give those citizens liberty. You can't ban Ideas people believe in, all the killing is because they do not believe and we do not believe, banning religion is a ban on humanity, we can't ban it for two reasons you can't ban ideas because you cannot enforce it and you can't ban it because belief is an inherent thing in the minds of all people, especially those that live in torn apart assholes of the world countries.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

My comment was more satire than serious, I know we can't ban people from believing what they choose, but just think how fantastic things would be if everyone was rational, working towards a greater humanity and a happy life.

Religion has destroyed so much and in return only offered a crutch to the weak. We need more logical free-thinking individuals. Somehow, a lot of people seem to be okay with being spoon-fed ideas and ideals.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It was the modern age that created the sucker punch for an advantage, then again other men learned how to take a punch and fight back. I wish dueling was still a thing, at that rate other people would be dis encouraged to sucker punch someone and realize they are taking their life in their own hands by effing around.

Yet dueling was once not only acceptable but it was the only way to solve an issue.....we have have been killing each other for a simple disagreement for a long long time...

In our modern age, solving a problem by asking a dude to step outside is generally considered an immature, low class thing to do. But for many centuries, challenging another man to a duel was not only considered a pinnacle of honor, but was a practice reserved for the upper-classes, those deemed by society to be true gentlemen.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

I think the bigger problem is intolerance for questioning these systems that want to spoon feed. I only disagree with you as far as the idea of ban as I did not read that as satire even though I understand it is not enforcable with out drastic new powers of police to enforce such things.

I do feel your sentiment and often wish there was an easier pill to swallow. Perhaps I am to jaded or ignorant.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Yeah well that whole scenario where people just randomly king hit others walking down the street is testament to that....there is no honor is this modern age....

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I am not happy with the idea of mindless death then again I am part of the idea of the alternatives and even those are not exactly happy warm fuzzy feelings with fingers in butts and coom by ya songs.

The massive loss of life is tragic, Iraq needs strong men willing to work towards peace, instead they have a police force that works for the enemy. The Jundis are a bunch of spineless pussies, Iraq needs to have a new revolutionary war to throw out both their government and the insurgency and re affirm their identity as a nation so their people can have peace.

The necessity is sick but necassary

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You missed the part where I specifically said in the 21st century.

edit on 2016/7/4 by Metallicus because: sp

top topics

<<   2 >>

join