It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebirth of a Cycle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Blood fell upon the land in a crimson rain, the arid soil thirsting for the liquid that was quick to seep into the ground, tainting the earth an ominous red as he stood sullenly at the arched window, gazing across the darkened land with a sour frown upon his countenance.

Shrouded by the shadows, his candles having fizzled into the void long ago, he stood still in his unlit chamber, and he silently waited for whom he had been expecting, a presence long lost and desperately desired.

The minutes passed by slowly as his eyes drank in the chaos of the outside world, each second a painful labour of extended life and torment. An hour had passed, perhaps two, when he finally sensed whom he had long been awaiting; the soft, serene aura that signified the presence of the golden witch, the woman he had sought during years past, she who had granted his every wish, and she the very reason the land was rapidly decaying before his eyes.

“Again, I say! What have I done!?”

His mournful tones echoed through the chamber and drifted out from his window, out into the land, twice, thrice, before his words vanished into the nothingness, heard by no one but himself and the woman who stood at his back.

He cringed as her delicate hand breezed subtly across his neck and grasped his arm, his flesh crying out in chilled agony as the icy touch of her hand met the warmth of his skin, his ears straining to hear the melodious tune of her musical voice as she spoke in her tranquil manner, her breath cool against his neck as she sung into his ear.

“My dear, you know of this already and yet I inform you once more - only that which must be done; for with each death life is reborn, for each drop of blood that rains from the sky is a fertiliser for the green to grow once more, for each lingering ghost is a newborn child that will one day populate the land that stands before you! The cycle shall renew! The cleansing is complete!”

Her musical words echoed within the man, a faint glimmer of hope daring to surface as he finally moved his gaze from the blood-drenched lands and laid his eyes upon the golden witch; her golden hair cascaded in waves down her shoulders, her face that of one cursed to be forever young as she returned his gaze with her large and seemingly innocent eyes, a small smile dancing upon her heart-shaped mouth as her soft words continued.

Almost complete.”

Her amber eyes shone with a golden tint as they gazed almost lovingly at him, her fingers of ice reaching up to touch his face, to leave chilled streaks in their wake as they brushed against his cheek, leaving his skin dead and numb, the chill penetrating deep within and slowly encasing his heart.

The last thing his eyes observed as he slowly fell to the floor, forever cursed to be a part of this cycle, was the golden witch standing by his arched window, the crimson sky reflected against the golden strands of her hair, her arms outstretched in reverence to the rain that beat outside. He would love her forever, near as much as he abhorred her, their roles in this never ending cycle a bittersweet plague that lingered eternally in his soul.

As his vision slowly darkened and the beat of the rain began to fade, he breathed his last breath and ascended into the Otherworld once more, swearing that during this upcoming rebirth the spiral of death and renewal would at last be at an end… just as he had sworn the last time these events had occurred.

edit on 3 7 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

That was great. You have quite the mind. Star / Flag times 10000

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Thanks Q

It was partially inspired by, I think, a tentative friendship? I remain unsure.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Wow your writing blows me to the beach. I can't wait for your book to finish. I promise you I will buy copies and gift it to friends! Your amazing!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

You're far too kind! But thank you
I really need to get crackin' with that story... I have a bit of a mind-blank at the moment, and all these other random things keeps flying into mind.

But I keep it all! It could all be easily incorporated in some fashion or other into the ongoing work.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Your a writer. When it is finished only you will know when. Take your time!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Very nice!

Thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
*waves to Birdie*

Thank you!
Glad you liked it!

top topics