It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deaf/Blind/Paralyzed teen, Brain Tumour treated - slammed to the ground by TSA - Blood everywhere

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Redback
a reply to: Annee

The reason why i accused you of backing these thugs up was because you cannot see what this is doing to your great country, this should not happen to anybody never mind a blind, deaf child that has mental issues and a brain tumor, the TSA should be trained at the very least to recognize people who have problems instead of fighting them, just like most jobs that deal with the public. The fact that the mother was trying to tell the thugs that she had problems meant absolutely nothing to them..... NOTHING, they had decided to assault this child from the beginning and that does not scare you?

If you where standing in line and this happened to another person who took a panic attack because they never had this happen to them before (and lets be honest here, these security levels are bloody scary these days even when you know you are innocent), would you say that was their fault, what if it was one of your family it happened too? Would you agree with the treatment?

And that is why i asked if you worked for the government, you cannot see the damage that this is causing, weather it happened to a "disabled" person or a healthy person and that is scary.

⬆⬆⬆⬆

This is worth repeating.

And this⬇⬇⬇⬇

WeareAWAKE:
And yet here you are...casting blame upon a damaged child obviously incapable of defending herself and her poor parents, worn down watching their daughter slowly dying. But there you are, calling them out for not being as strong as you have had to be in your life. Well guess what honey...some people aren't capable or aren't capable at the moment to be that strong. And if you wish to continue to use your personal history to judge how others "should" behave...you are not only suffering from a God complex but you have no compassion for those in need. Unless they are trans...then you're all for anything they want to do or won't do. Hypocrite

edit on 3-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ah well, ya know - - I could just piss, moan, rant, rave, complain, and attack like everyone else.

But, I prefer my perspective of personal responsibility to prevent a child from this kind of experience.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

And I'm not defending what the TSA pricks did here, I'm just saying the OP is wrong in saying we've lost our rights. I travel all over this Country unimpeded. I just don't get the luxury of having a fast mode of transportation. None of my constitutionally protected rights have been infringed.

I listed nearly a dozen reasons why rights have evaporated in the country... but are you aware of the 4th amendment? Today the TSA is in airports, whats the difference if it was in bus stations or carpools or checkpoints in between state lines?

Your argument cites the 9th circuit court decision and a bill enacted by the previous administration which laid the groundwork for what the TSA does to be "Legal", except I would argue it was not in the spirit of constitutional laws that preceded it and should supersede it.

There is a semantics debate here because through niggling legal frameworks the government could be walking you into a life of slavery and death slowly but surely. It's something that needs to be recognized because once you slowly give away freedoms and rights people lose their sense of worth. (Just ask anyone that's been molested by the TSA) A broken person is much easier to control.

The TSA doesn't prevent attacks, and their searches in intrastate flights are ridiculous in the very concept.

The OP was not about guns. And if anything, the responses from some of you are a testament to how many people can't see past this false argument. My entire argument is the government has been using the 2nd amendment (purposely) as a red herring, to divide and conquer, and many people feel as long as they have it, they are protected. Many others feel as long as the government is "working" to abolish it, they are protected. NO ONE is protected because you are not addressing the real issues re:rights and freedoms being removed. Plenty of other countries have much stricter laws in that respect but better freedoms in so many other respects. The point is you haven't "earned" or "protected" any of your rights in the last hundreds years using the 2nd amendment or the threat of it. Just inferring as much will make you a terrorist and your door will be bashed in and you're smeared publicly as a 'domestic crazy'.

That was the point. For the record I was a sport shooter for 10 years.

Im going to say it in black and white. If you live in a country where a disabled teenager can have her head bashed against the pavement, after having life saving surgery done, still in stitches, and even the thought of this was "ok" in any sense: before it happened, as it was happening, as a "unfortunate necessity".... for any reason, any reason whatsoever, you aren't free. I don't care if you think "choosing to get your head bashed in." e.g. the equivalent of buying a plane ticket is a fair exchange.

And for my final argument on this, I will argue that the law used to create the TSA is bull#### in every sense, and you are wrong, and the person writing the above article is wrong. Besides the fact a circuit court could not, should not and cannot overrule the constitution, some would argue it doesn't even reflect other laws on the books (or the spirit of them):

49 U.S. Code § 40103 - Sovereignty and use of airspace

(2) A citizen of the United States has a public right of transit through the navigable airspace. To further that right, the Secretary of Transportation shall consult with the Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board established under section 502 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. 792) before prescribing a regulation or issuing an order or procedure that will have a significant impact on the accessibility of commercial airports or commercial air transportation for handicapped individuals.

Oh it's okay because it's "administrative"...oh and ignore the TSA prevents airports from opting out, because they control whether or not they can.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Redback

I understand completely. But, you are making decisions for you. What if it was your kid? What if it was this kid?

If the mother had called ahead and made arrangements, this child never would have had this experience or this memory that will probably be with her forever.

If it was my child, there would have been a lot more blood on the floor and a jail sentence probably.

Excellent choice.

More trauma/drama for the child.

My job as a parent is to make sure my children are safe and if that means if i have to get my hands dirty, I WILL, i will always do my best no matter what. My children would think a lot less of me if i stood back and watch thugs throw them to the ground, wouldnt your children (if you have any?).

You didnt answer my main question though annee, do you think the outcome would have been different if the mother had informed the airport about her daughter? because i have seen videos of the TSA dealing with disabled people before and some of them are brutal. (if i remember correctly, that includes one poor person being ripped out of their wheelchair)

It is now clear that you are still going to defend your decision that it is completely the mothers fault in this horrendous act which is your right but so many people have tried their best to change your prospective and you are standing strong so i am out of this debate.
Enjoy your day annee

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If it turned out that she was a terrorist with a bomb, everybody would be cheering.

So, the problem is, how to treat people differently when we are presented with an unknown situation.

She was treated like a terrorist.

Turns out she was not.

But, what's the problem?

Who did wrong?

In the old days, the protocols were simple. If the person is white, treat with respect. If black, treat like a criminal.

So, by simple appearances people knew how to interact with others they didn't know.

They could make assumptions, about that person, and act on it, without knowing anything else than skin color.

Today things are very complicated. There are no simple clues to tell us anymore what that person's nature is, and so how to treat them.

So, everybody gets the "same" treatment.

Naturally, there will be exceptional cases like this where, if we knew beforehand about the person's condition, the "same" treatment would be grossly inappropriate.

If the TSA had access to medical records, then as she walked through the checkpoint, and set off the alarm, the computer would simply have automatically looked up her medical records on-line and immediately flagged this individual as "safe" to let through. But, people don't want the government to have access to all their personal information, and to share all their personal data freely with other agencies. People want to walk the land free from government intrusion into their personal lives.

It comes back to the basic dilemma: can't have both freedom and security.

So, pick one.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
OK...lets try this a different way. A transgendered person is getting on an airplane and is moving through the TSA line.

I am NOT going to address this.

It is not relevant to the OP.

Pretty much exactly as I expected. The truth may hurt...but it remains the truth.

The truth is you're going for sensationalism.

And it still has nothing to do with the OP.

I don't bait. Try someone else.

In what way was what he said "going for sensationalism" in anyway? He made a extremely good analogy to hold a mirror in front of you for you to point out the hypocritical stance you are displaying here based on your views and opinions and defense of transgendered of which you have done a lot and so it is very well known to most members here and therefor extremely obvious to notice the hypocrisy you are displaying here. This girl is a very disadvantaged disabled girl who should deserve the same sort of defense but since she is a white non transgendered and likely not LGBT person we see your norms and values do 180 all of a sudden. If you dare to call someone who notices that and fairly point this out a sensationalist then that is just a weak copout and only adds to show your dishonesty and lessens your credibility even more.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I wont watch the video so forgive me if I am missing something obvious.

Regardless of who she was or whether or not she was a threat, couldn't they have detained her without slamming her head into the ground? Or was she that strong and scary they had to use violence?

This is not making sense to me.

Short of shouting about allans snackbars with a weapon in hand why should anyone be slammed to the ground in a TSA line?
edit on 4-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

If it turned out that she was a terrorist with a bomb, everybody would be cheering.

So, the problem is, how to treat people differently when we are presented with an unknown situation.

She was treated like a terrorist.

Turns out she was not.

But, what's the problem?

Who did wrong?

In the old days, the protocols were simple. If the person is white, treat with respect. If black, treat like a criminal.

So, by simple appearances people knew how to interact with others they didn't know.

They could make assumptions, about that person, and act on it, without knowing anything else than skin color.

Today things are very complicated. There are no simple clues to tell us anymore what that person's nature is, and so how to treat them.

So, everybody gets the "same" treatment.

Naturally, there will be exceptional cases like this where, if we knew beforehand about the person's condition, the "same" treatment would be grossly inappropriate.

If the TSA had access to medical records, then as she walked through the checkpoint, and set off the alarm, the computer would simply have automatically looked up her medical records on-line and immediately flagged this individual as "safe" to let through. But, people don't want the government to have access to all their personal information, and to share all their personal data freely with other agencies. People want to walk the land free from government intrusion into their personal lives.

It comes back to the basic dilemma: can't have both freedom and security.

So, pick one.

Unless I'm missing something...she wouldn't have fallen into the "person of interest" category of the terrorist profile. As it sates in my signature, our idiotic method of considering everyone as a danger when the real danger is easy to identify, is causing more problems than it is solving.

Young, Muslim men. Pretty simple. They get checked very, very closely. Old white woman with one eye and one leg in a wheelchair with a mini-American flag sticking out the back? Yeah...you can probably let her pass with a quick ID check.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

you don't get the option of pressing criminal charges, that's up to the DA's office, you can file a criminal complaint, but the corruption of the system rarely allows for charges to be filed and even when they are, they back each other up in the criminal justice system.

Corruption is systemic and needs people to stand up against it.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

You can't sue someone personally for acting in their duties, even if the actions are wrong. The problem with people in other countries talking # about how we do things in the United States is that you don't live here and you do not understand our system. I am so sick and tired of hearing people in other countries try to tell us how to deal with ours. As if your opinion actually matters. News flash. It doesn't. I'd be willing to bet that the OP is British. If so, this individual has no business talking about how to fix our country. Mind yours and we will mind ours.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I do hope you get to feel this poor childs humiliation and pain at some point in your life because it sucks being disabled and having that label hanging over your head and then be brutalized by thugs because you cant comprehend what is happening.

As a young child, growing up with a single disabled mom in a time there were no protections - - I experienced many humiliating moments because of it.

We were kicked out of restaurants, refused entrance to businesses, swore at to not get near someone's child, etc.

She, of course, fell many times in public and drew a crowd, but rarely did anyone offer to help.

Pretty much how LGBT are treated today in many areas.

GIVE ME A BREAK!

There's no comparison between people with disabilities and the LGBT community.

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. By far.

My father was disabled...Bu no fault of his own. As a kid I grew up watching people mock him, bully me bc he was different and, let me tell you, that scar is burned DEEP into my soul. No one should have experienced what he went through and, as his daughter, what I went through.

LGBT issues and the issues and obstacles people with true disabilities and special needs face, every day, in every facet of their lives, do not even compare.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

I do hope you get to feel this poor childs humiliation and pain at some point in your life because it sucks being disabled and having that label hanging over your head and then be brutalized by thugs because you cant comprehend what is happening.

As a young child, growing up with a single disabled mom in a time there were no protections - - I experienced many humiliating moments because of it.

We were kicked out of restaurants, refused entrance to businesses, swore at to not get near someone's child, etc.

She, of course, fell many times in public and drew a crowd, but rarely did anyone offer to help.

GIVE ME A BREAK!

My father was disabled...Bu no fault of his own. As a kid I grew up watching people mock him, bully me bc he was different and, let me tell you, that scar is burned DEEP into my soul. No one should have experienced what he went through and, as his daughter, what I went through.

LGBT issues and the issues and obstacles people with true disabilities and special needs face, every day, in every facet of their lives, do not even compare.

By the looks of it it only compares according to her when she can fit int in her own arguments but not when a argument is used against her because a few posts up when her own comments were used against her in relation to how she stands up for the LGBT's and talks down onto this girls situation then all of a sudden she claims it is dumb and off-topic.

Does anyone know if this case already had a follow up. I would love to hear about this airport security getting what they deserve for this.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

GIVE ME A BREAK!

My father was disabled...By no fault of his own. As a kid I grew up watching people mock him, bully me bc he was different and, let me tell you, that scar is burned DEEP into my soul. No one should have experienced what he went through and, as his daughter, what I went through.

Except LGBT people who go through all of that? Lmao it's amazing how you have no idea how much you just argued in favor of your opposition.

I love how you guys have managed to spin this thread into something about trans people based on a users post history.

Very tactical argument style.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

GIVE ME A BREAK!

My father was disabled...By no fault of his own. As a kid I grew up watching people mock him, bully me bc he was different and, let me tell you, that scar is burned DEEP into my soul. No one should have experienced what he went through and, as his daughter, what I went through.

Except LGBT people who go through all of that? Lmao it's amazing how you have no idea how much you just argued in favor of your opposition.

I love how you guys have managed to spin this thread into something about trans people based on a users post history.

No, what's amazing is how SOME lgbtq folks make every story, post and thread about them...

This thread is about a girl with special needs who was smacked down by the TSA/Menphis AP police.

Not every issue is about you and yours.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

GIVE ME A BREAK!

By the looks of it it only compares according to her when she can fit int in her own arguments but not when a argument is used against her because a few posts up when her own comments were used against her in relation to how she stands up for the LGBT's and talks down onto this girls situation then all of a sudden she claims it is dumb and off-topic.

Does anyone know if this case already had a follow up. I would love to hear about this airport security getting what they deserve for this.

IKR? I'd also like to know how the girl is doing.

Sheesh. Can't even come on here and post without threads getting derailed with issues that are completely off topic.

I'm sure to be labeled a homophobe, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

GIVE ME A BREAK!

No, what's amazing is how SOME lgbtq folks make every story, post and thread about them...

This thread is about a girl with special needs who was smacked down by the TSA/Menphis AP police.

Not every issue is about you and yours.

I wouldn't want to exasperate your fragile sensibilities by asking you to scroll back through the pages and see how LGBT issues came up in this thread.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I wouldn't want to exasperate your fragile sensibilities by asking you to scroll back through the pages and see how LGBT issues came up in this thread.

edit on 5-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join