It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaw-dropping photos taken above CERN’s Large Hadron Collider lead to wild new conspiracy theories

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Im a professional photographer and i can assure you there is nothing unusual about that photograph. The reason the cloud looks lit up from inside is that its a long exposure where the shutter is left open for maybe up to a second and all the light activity that happens during that time is compiled into a single image.

Ive only ever managed to capture one decent lightening picture. I once went out in the middle of a storm to take pictures and then very rapidly decided standing with a camera on a tripod near lightening wasn't a great idea.

edit on 2-7-2016 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Does anyone See the faces in these? Top pic, top left corner is devilish in appearance....bottom pic, again Top left, although more To the center looks distinctly Human and Almost like a baby in pain.

Could the prince of the power of the air be burning the midnight oil now that his time draws near ( judgement)
? Or should I cut back on the booze...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
tomorrow land fest

The internet is Or has prepared the way for antichrist To manifest in a New form. This has all been done before, in times not remembered. Lhc is the key that Could unlock the abyss that holds the real bad guys. Satan can not create, only mimic Or distort that which already is. The face that looks like a baby ish face in the bottom pic is very similar To a face you can see in a tomorrow land festival, the machine has awakened. Eyes wide open.
edit on 7/2/2016 by milano because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
Titles have to be used as they are per the T&C.

Yes, but you could have used "Claim" in front, or put the title in quotes. Anything that would indicate that you don't believe this story one single bit.

Thunderstorm cloud is proof of portals over CERN, and then posted in the science/technology forum from a tabloid paper? You've got to be kidding me. What the hell is going on around here?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
_BoneZ_

What the hell is going on around here?

People just need to learn when to post in Skunk Works.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Lightning storms are so common, that there are, on average, eight million ground strikes every day. That works out to roughly one hundred times every second.

This is not even the strangest looking lightning producing cloud I have SEEN this year, leave alone the strangest one photographed worldwide.

Tell me again how this is a bizarre and uncommon event?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: GetHyped

Titles have to be used as they are per the T&C.

However, far be it from me to hinder your whining.

Stop posting junk science sources in the Science & Technology forum, then.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
People just need to learn when to post in Skunk Works.

Or not post garbage articles from tabloid papers at all. If people want to read fake tabloid crap, then they should go to the source websites. It shouldn't be posted here.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Nothing more than tabloid clickbait.

This is the future of "conspiracy theories"

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Lightning storms are so common, that there are, on average, eight million ground strikes every day. That works out to roughly one hundred times every second.

This is not even the strangest looking lightning producing cloud I have SEEN this year, leave alone the strangest one photographed worldwide.

It's bizarre and uncommon because it seems to be localized directly above the LHC.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
So, thunderstorms are portals now?

I bet you $100 that you can't persuade everyone it's a thunderstorm.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
_BoneZ_

We'll keep that in mind your highness. I thought it was interesting. Those pictures were remarkable.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Directly above an area that is 27 kilometres in circumference?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: TrueBrit

It's bizarre and uncommon because it seems to be localized directly above the LHC.

Thunderstorms appear everywhere so why the hell would the LHC be excluded? FYI the LHC is pretty damned big so it's not like it's a narrowly targetted hit.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
I thought it was interesting. Those pictures were remarkable.

It would have been interesting and remarkable had the title been something along the lines of "Spectacular thunderstorm images taken near CERN".

Claiming that the thunderstorm is proof of a portal is just a flat-out lie and a hoax.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Exactly.

That's larger than the town I live in by a huge margin, and my home has had lightning storms directly above it on no fewer than three occasions in the last three weeks.

My place is about 525 square foot, in terms of its floor plan, it's footprint. Correlation not cause.

*drops mic*

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Dropping by to say that while that's a good photo, this is the kind of thread titles that cause a facepalm and tiny brain strokes.

Is there a way to block certain users on ATS so you wouldn't see their threads? If not, a compelling idea for the future of ATS.
edit on 2-7-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

This is the future of "conspiracy theories"

Not the future rather than the present... Sometimes I feel like giving up on conspiracies.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ch1n1t0

There used to be an "ignore" feature back in the day. But it was removed because it "interrupted the flow of conversation" or something along those lines.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Yeah, I think I remember something like that, never had felt the need to use it back then.

Oh, good ol' days.

Now, I would vote a feature like that back, though, with two hands.

And for the sheer reason of staying on topic, TrueBrit, what did you have to do to get that property, man? Show us the way!
edit on 2-7-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join