It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congrats Wales 3 - 1 vs Belgium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
What a great match to watch Wales, like Iceland have shown the world what having few world class players BUT having an amazing team spirit and desire really can achieve.

To beat Belgium the second best team in the world who on paper have a team you'd expect to win the tournament is unbelievable.

Is this the year of the underdogs or something ? Leicester won the prem, Iceland beat England, Wales beating Belgium.

Wales next face Portugal who have an amazing feat of their own, they have not won a single game in competitive play, they've drawn all their games and have only gone through via penalties so I can see Wales reaching the finals as Portugal are on borrowed time.

Wouldn't it be amazing if the final was Iceland against Wales ? Show the world that team spirit and desire is more important than individual skill, like Leicester have taught every team in England

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech
Well done Wales and hopefully well done Iceland. I can see Wales beating Portugal whose luck is bound to run out. Would love to see Bale score a couple of free kicks and Ronaldo miss a couple ! Shame about Ramsey but hopefully he will appear in the final.

US folks : tonights game highlights why football is "the beautiful game".

Again well done Wales.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Fantastic game and well deserved by Wales. It really has made me feel happy for them and has made me feel British once again. They played unbelievably well, but Belgium are just like the English Golden Generation, chokers.

But that wasn't meant to take away from their glory, from their achievement, which is way beyond belief.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Amazing game,

I can see Wales winning, I don't think its just a dream any more I think its highly possible.

So wish i had put a bet on them to win at the start.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
If Greece could do it...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well done Wales!

Doing the British Isles proud. Proves what you can do with a proper team spirit and players brought up playing in Britain.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Wonderful match, although I have to admit that my heart was in my mouth during the start of the second half, when Belgium were attacking and Wales seemed content to sit back and bank on a counter.

That being said this game has simply added to the general concensus that desire can win over expectation.

Belgium ranked Number 2 in the world, Wales, in their first major competition since before I was even born ranked...wtf is Wales ranking again? Like 20 odd...

A giant killing European championship so far then.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I was posting live on Euro general discusion thread. All I can add is the second Wales goal was a thing of beauty! Wrong footing three defenders... just awesome!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Disappointed by the outcome.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Am I the only one that was rooting for Belgium ?

Yeah , well done Wales

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Great to see a home nation doing well.And you never know they could go all the way ,stranger things have happened.Leicester won the premier league! They look like a real team instead of a group of players out for themselves and that unity and team spirit could be just the edge they need.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You're not alone. Wales should have lost!!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Was a great game, I thought Belgium had it after that rocket from 25 yards or so out.
Wales showed up and punished Belgium for the mistakes they made, which was plenty.

Glad to see some underdogs getting ahead, always fun to see.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I'll just say I'm jealous because I can't see any of the games with my TV package on this side of the Atlantic.

Also disappointed because Belgium is one of "my" teams.

Hopefully it was a good match.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Fantastic result for Wales but I can't see them getting past Portugal.

Jammy bastards, they always do just enough to get through.

top topics

join