It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under fire after secret meeting, Lynch to step back from Clinton probe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Under fire after secret meeting, Lynch to step back from Clinton probe

Under bipartisan fire following a private meeting with former President Clinton even as her Justice Department investigates Hillary Clinton over her secret email server, Attorney General Loretta Lynch will announce on Friday that she will defer to non-political subordinates on whether to bring charges against the likely Democratic presidential nominee.

The Justice Department had been planning on such a course for months, The New York Times reported, but reports that Lynch met with the former president on her government plane at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport have sealed the decision. Although Lynch claims the two discussed golf and grandchildren, legal watchdogs have called the meeting highly improper and called for the Department of Justice’s Inspector General to investigate.

“Determinations as to whether to charge any individual, as well as the findings of the investigation, will be made by career prosecutors and investigators who have been handling this matter since its inception,” a Justice Department official told Fox News.

The source said Lynch will accept the determinations and findings of non-political appointees as well as FBI investigators and FBI Director James Comey. It is up to the FBI to recommend to proecutors whether to bring charges, but no timetable has been announced. Despite the approach of the Democratic National Convention, Comey has said the priority is to be thorough and fair.

Click link for remainder of article...

So her meeting with Bill was the final nail in the coffin for AG Lynch being the deciding factor on Hillary's future. She will now defer to the recommendation of career prosecutors (non political), investigators at the FBI and FBI Director Comey.

On the conspiracy side of things - This meeting could have been a setup. By giving the decision to subordinates it gives the appearance of a non political decision. If the subordinate declines to act the administration and Clintons campaign can argue that if a non political appointee made the decision then politics can't be used to attack a decline to prosecute decision.

Something to watch...
edit on 7/2/2016 by Blaine91555 because: Title edited at authors request.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
That was the rumor swirling yesterday. That this meeting was to provide her that excuse so she didn't have to deal with the Clinton thing.

I would think that having the top official recuse herself would lend an air of inability for the whole department to be impartial. Wouldn't that lend strength to a special prosecutor?
edit on 1-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It should go to a special prosecutor and I would imagine that would still be an option should Clinton's mess not go to a grand jury. Ideally any decision should be in the hands of a grand jury and no one else. Should a grand injuy decline to indict then the next mess would e if any members of the grand jury were persuaded by any groups for a non indict vote.
edit on 1-7-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Of course, the media would try to spin any push for a special prosecutor as a purely political game to unseat Clinton, but given how much the Republicans hate Trump and seem to want to lose this cycle, they just might go for it. And that might end up backfiring for them.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Your summary pretty much nails it.

This was all staged.

Hillary will walk.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Your summary pretty much nails it.

This was all staged.

Hillary will walk.

And that might backfire too.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
And now this becomes the story, and not the meeting itself.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't think it was ALL staged. I think the bureau would love to bring her down. Quite the public affairs coup for them if they can take down a high profile figure. And I don't buy that they get brownie points for "trying." So, I think the investigation and whatever charges they bring, if they in fact bring them, will be genuine and as close to bulletproof as they can get.

But I doubt Hilary sees the inside of a court room, much less faces any sort of sentence.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

How? They pretty much control the narrative.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

There will be a Watergate-style exodus of investigators after this debacle is all said and done, the political apointees will stay but the true investigators will leave in disgust.

My opinion.
edit on 1-7-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

How? They pretty much control the narrative.

If they controlled it as well as they thought, Trump wouldn't be the GOP nominee and he wouldn't be running so close to Clinton right now.

If Hillary walks, the same people who thought she was corrupt are even less likely to buy her innocence than before. In other words, the smell gets bigger. Media Febreeze only comes in so many strengths, and they may be reaching the end of theirs.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

There will be a Watergate-style exodus of investigators after this debacle is all said and done, the political apointees will stay but the true investigators will leave in disgust.

My opinion.

I don't know about disgust, but they may well prepare to bolt because if someone like that can skate, then nothing is safe. If Hillary comes to power after something like that, it shows how insecure the rule of law actually is, the true veneer of the safety of their assets. So anything that might once have brought the economy around gets that much shakier.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It was totally inappropriate. Lynch should step down for having done it at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

non-political subordinates

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that. There ain't no such animal. They'll do exactly what their boss would want them to do, if they value their career.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Media Febreeze, I like that.

I think they've already shown a complete disregard for how we think, how we vote. Not saying that any of us will, 'Go gently into that dark night", but the advantage is definitely theirs.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Wait, why would she recuse herself? According to all the Hillary sycophants on here who suck on Hillary's cankles, Hillary did no wrong anyway.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Warning , warning. Danger Will Robinson. This doesnt bode well at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Step down?

Hell, she should be prosecuted for it!!

Absolutely reprehensible!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It appears that the JD had been planning on doing this for some time.

The Justice Department had been planning on such a course for months, The New York Times reported

www.foxnews.com...

I believe she is stepping aside because they probably know that there is not going to be an indictment and want to take Lynch out of the equation once the conspiracy theories, and claims of corruption, begin to fly.

Prepare yourselves...Clinton is not going to be indicted.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It had to be an out for her, there's no way she could have been ignorant of impropriety. The FBI isn't going to indict her anymore than Lynch was.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join