It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil rights leader Walter Fauntroy arrested at Dulles International Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Former Washington DC Congressional Delegate Walter Fauntroy was arrested after disembarking from a flight from a Middle east country.

Apparently he had an open (and re-issued) bench warrant for writing a bad check to help pay for Obama's first inaugural ball in 2009.

He allegedly fled the country when a warrant was first issued in 2012.

His lawyer says he has in fact paid back some of the bad check amount.

Strange why he would come back "in public" view?

Civil rights leader Walter Fauntroy arrested at Dulles International Airport

Walter E. Fauntroy, Washington’s legendary former congressional delegate, was arrested Monday morning at Dulles International Airport and jailed in Loudoun County after returning home from a four-year sojourn in the Persian Gulf, authorities said.

Fauntroy, who helped plan the 1963 March on Washington with his friend the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., was arrested about ­8:15 a.m. on an outstanding warrant by Border Patrol officials while he was clearing customs, said Aleksandra Kowalski, a public information officer for the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office. He had just gotten off a nonstop Emirates airline flight from Dubai to Dulles, said one of his attorneys, Johnny Barnes. He was scheduled to spend the night in jail before a hearing Tuesday morning in Loudoun County General District Court.

In January 2012, Fauntroy left the United States after a bench warrant was issued for him to appear in Prince George’s County, Md., on a charge that he wrote a bad check for $55,000 to help pay for a 2009 ball he organized for President Obama’s first ­inauguration.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
He's 83 years old and was suffering from declining mental and physical health. The link to that is in the center of the article in your OP. He probably shouldn't have given the interview in Dubai saying he was coming back, that got the warrant reissued.
He was under the incorrect impression he wouldn't be arrested.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

He was under the incorrect impression he wouldn't be arrested.

Sounds like he had great advice from his lawyer !!!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Obama was already elected. He considered it a shame to waste all that good money on a ball. Looked better in his bank .
And , yeah , he committed a crime . And someone wanted to get paid. Gee, I guess he just figured that it would be forgiven and forgotten ? Bet he didnt forget about the extra money in his account.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

He's 83 years old and was suffering from declining mental and physical health

Yeah , the legal system was set up to protect the old and infirm , right ?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Maybe to write another $55,000 check to the Hillary campaign?

edit on 29-6-2016 by Orionx2 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: reldra

He's 83 years old and was suffering from declining mental and physical health

Yeah , the legal system was set up to protect the old and infirm , right ?

That is not what I meant. The OP asked why he would come back in public view.

He wasn't thinking clearly. He also thought spies were after him, his emails were being erased, ranted that jews run the world and about 4 banks that run the world mismanaging finances.
edit on 29-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

originally posted by: xuenchen

Maybe to write another $55,000 check to the Hillary campaign?

Well I wouldn't doubt that for a second !!!

But maybe he has been "promised" a Presidential Pardon.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Many more arrests forthcoming. Warms my heart to live during these times.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Exactly what I was thinking.

He better have some money saved up though.

Anybody remember how much the going rate for Presidential pardons was back when Bill Clinton was selling them?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You know. It often occurs to me at times like this that these figures from the past only get media attention when something newsworthy happens to them. An average person could go for the next however many decades with never hearing this guy's name until he shows up in a news headline for whatever reason.

And of course, the fact that he's in a news headline will cause a curious person to wonder who he is. And that is the entrance to the path that leads them to thinking about the whole civil rights thing, which should be ancient history at this point (but has been kept artificially "relevant" for many decades by the left because it buys them votes).

But I think it's reasonable to conclude people will feel sorry for the guy because of his age and all that and the popular perception of the civil rights movement as being what it pretended to be (which it was really just a clever front for Marxist thought and ideas).

I would expect to see a lot of these figures from the past appearing in the news (apparently spontaneously) over the next few months. People you haven't heard anything about for decades will just pop up for no apparent reason. Maybe they fell over somewhere because of a bad knee or some such. The media will need to cover it and it will turn out that they're OK. So the media has successfully planted them back in the news (And therefore into the minds of people who may have never heard of them) without appearing to be doing anything of the sort.
edit on 30-6-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Who the hell flees the country over a $55,000 bad check?! I mean, I guess if you've got a nice setup in your new Middle East digs and no friends or family you care about back home.

I just thought people only fled over millions or murders.

top topics

join