It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: House office water tainted with lead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Seems the politicians in the U.S. Congress are getting their doses of lead poisoning too !!

This is affecting the Cannon House Office Building.

The building superintendent issued a warning Tuesday.

The warning says the lead levels in the drinking water are slightly above the EPA standard.

Maybe this explains a few "irregularities" happening in Washington D.C.

Warning: House office water tainted with lead

A House office’s water supply has been tainted by high lead levels and may be unsafe, according to a warning blasted out to congressional offices Tuesday night.

In a “dear colleagues” letter, House office buildings superintendent William Weidemeyer told members and staff that the Cannon House Office Building was experiencing lead levels above normal, according to a recent water test.

“This week, the AOC received results within the Cannon House Office Building that indicate lead levels in drinking water sources are slightly above the EPA standard,” the email reads. “Although the cause of the increase remains under investigation, in an abundance of caution all drinking water sources and office-provided water filtration units in the building will be turned off beginning at 10 p.m. Tuesday, June 28, 2016.”

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm not worried the amazing health insurance they have simply from being a politician should keep them safe from any adverse effects.

Meanwhile in Flint...

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It'll be fixed by Friday...cause that's how this system works...screw you, you can't pay to fix it then tough dookie

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
These clowns in Congress are the last folks that need this issue corrected. I swear to gawd, each damn one of these politicians deserve to die by way of lead poisoning if they don't open federal funding to fix every other dirty watering hole before even thinking about fixing their own.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I am willing to head down there now and help them funnel water like it was a frat party. Maybe I can head over to the IRS when I finish at the Capitol.

edit on 29-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I saw a report somewhere today, many parts of the country are affected. Philadelphia definitely in bad shape.
We've got to make repairs.
edit on 6/29/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

hmmmm......lead poisoning in the halls of congress....explains a lot!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Was the lead imported from China?? Probably came in the cheap paint and carpets that the contractor bought from China and pocketed the difference..

I just thought the lead was in their arse and this is why they can't get off it and agree to something, anything other than "They won't talk because they are from the different party.."

Wasn't the fluoride suppose to combat the lead? Oh wait the fluoride is to dumb us down, not them...

I guess they had to throw out the catered food they had for their 1-day, nothing different "Sit In"?...

It was a dark night in Leadville...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I'm betting it's the plumbing.

Lead pipes in old buildings are not an inexpensive fix.

top topics

join