It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RedState Report: Why is the Donald Trump Campaign Committing CampFaign Finance Felonies?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
From the conservative Republican blog, RedState Report

For all the disagreement on campaign finance law there is one hard and fast rule that has no gray areas and upon which most all Americans agree. That is, citizens of other nations cannot contribute to federal, state, or local candidates in the United States. The Federal Elections Commission is crystal clear on the prohibition and its history

This all came to light when Scottish members of Parliament (and then other members) reported the action on Twitter...and then contacted American newspapers.

...and then they contacted Iceland's parliament.

Absent some very innocent and plausible explanation, each and every one of those emails constitutes a violation of campaign finance law because it is soliciting a contribution from a foreign national.

It is very strange that a man who claims to put America first and that he is self-financing his campaign has turned to begging foreigners for campaign contributions.

Source: www.redstate.com...
edit on 29-6-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm sure this will be completley ignored and downplayed by shifting the topic at hand onto Hillary Clinton in a diviersionary way. In other words prepare to hear "But look at Hillary!!!"

In 3...2....1...

The thing is -- this isn't about Hilary but Trump. This proves that even Trump isn't beyond doing the same thing. . .

I'm actually not surprised by this news. I think it shouldn't come as a shock that politicians lie and will do anything to fund their war chest. It doesn't excuse it, and everyone found guilty of it should be held to the same legal standards.
edit on 29-6-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

From the same author Hillary Link. Yeah this guy is just writing articles for fun and profit ;-)

Cheers - Dave

(post by Deny Arrogance removed for political trolling and baiting)
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Because Trump is a crook. The very reason he is the Rebuplican candidate.

If he was squeaky clean he wouldn't have a chance.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Looking around to see where all the Trump lovers are.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
These sort of things convince me that Donald J. Trump is conducting the most elaborate troll in the history of the universe.

Perhaps the Republican House will investigate this eight or nine times as well?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

From the same author Hillary Link. Yeah this guy is just writing articles for fun and profit ;-)

Cheers - Dave

you litereally did EXACTLY what our mod mystik said you would do. Bravo.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32
I'm here; love Trump. How could Trump know these are not American nationals? Huh? Just mass mails.

edit on 29-6-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
These emails were part of a mass email, notspecifically directed at any of these idiot whiners.

These idiots either signed up for mass emailing from Trump or got onto a massive anonymous email list that has no way of distinguishing the nationality of the recipients.

Where is the proof of someone from overseas actully donating and Trump accepting?
edit on 29-6-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
These emails were part of a mass email,mnot specifically directed at any of these idiot whiners.

These idiots either signed up for mass emailing from Trump or got onto a massive anonymous email list that has no way of distinguishing the nationality of the recipients.

Where is the proof of someone from overseas actully donating and Trump accepting?

So breaking Federal Election Law is okay if it's part of a mass email? Oh, okay.

The crime is SOLICITING not ACCEPTING.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

It looks to me, more or less, that wasn't about Hilary as much as it was who wrote both articles and for why. Controversy sells.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

If he's in violation of the law, then he should be punished.

What's so hard to understand?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The author of RedState hates Trump about as much as Hillary. Almost.

Of course, that's because he believes that Trump is really the Big-Bad-Democratic-Wolf-In-Red-Clothing.

Redstate

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Looks like a well planned elaborate set-up !!!

Very clever.

I think some of the emails are published somewhere.

Will be looking for them and see if they're genuine.

This could become a big p.i.t.a. for the Trump Campaign.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
These sort of things convince me that Donald J. Trump is conducting the most elaborate troll in the history of the universe.

Perhaps the Republican House will investigate this eight or nine times as well?

You know, 99% of the time I really don't agree with you. But in this instance I have to admit that the same thought has crossed my mind more than once.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: misterhistory

It looks to me, more or less, that wasn't about Hilary as much as it was who wrote both articles and for why. Controversy sells.

Or they are BOTH corrupt?

link   

Geez. I guess they are both hurting.

ATS thread

Or this is a tit for tat propganda thing. IDK.

link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
These emails were part of a mass email, notspecifically directed at any of these idiot whiners.

Easy to say IF you didn't read the article so I will qoute it for you.

The donation emails sent to the MPs include one in which Trump praises British voters for opting to leave the E.U. “These voters stood up for their nation — they put the United Kingdom first, and they took their country back,”it states, linking to a donation site and adding: “Will you stand with me at this critical time?”

There is your proof that it was targeted at foreign nationals. Specifically naming the UK proves that.

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like a well planned elaborate set-up !!!

Very clever.

I think some of the emails are published somewhere.

Will be looking for them and see if they're genuine.

This could become a big p.i.t.a. for the Trump Campaign.

I was hoping for more originality than a 'set up'

ETA: there could be 1,000 allegations against Hillary, and you would post EACH and EVERY one of them as if shes guilty on 100% of each issue. But for this, no, its a set up, your guy couldnt POSSIBLY be corrupt too.

edit on 29-6-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join