It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I have learned from Doing EVP Research in my House

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have read various theories on the Internet and from various Ghost shows but I until I started doing my own independent research using myself as the controlled experiment and my room in my house as the controlled settings where i know all the Sounds that should and shouldn't be there I have discovered a few interesting things. First of all I dont have Paraudio or whatever the official name is called. I know what a Car, Plane, TV, Radio,Shower,Doors Opening and Closing, and Air Vent,People Talking,Generators,Birds Singing,Thunder,Rain, and myself turning over in my bed. It took a while but I can now distinguish me talking my own sleep with my head face down in the pillow. When i first doing this project I may have confused it with a EVP all sound like. For me a Good Night of Sleep is around 30-31 Recordings on my App. A Bad night with a lot of tossing and turning is around 60-78 recordings using the app "Dream Talk" from the apple app store. Now I do have a Air Vent in my room that goes on at random parts of the day. I have discovered that my recording device is not strong enough to pick up the air vent in the background. Therefore it does not containment any evidence i may get. It will pick up the occasional cars that drive by but not the air vent.The only time it picks up the air vent is when it shuts off. After doing this experiment I have discovered:

1. Spirits CAN COMMUNICATE THERE MESSAGES THROUGH DREAMS.

2. I have received names of my family members that have passed away. Beverly(My Late Grandmother died in 2011), Eleanor(we called her Grandma Ellie so its strange I received her full legal name), and Sam(we called him Chief because he was Native American). I have also received names of former Pets that have died Bingo, Nick, and Christa.

3. They also know the name of my current dog: Jenny. When I place my recorder downstairs they seem to like to messing around with her.

4. During the duration of this experiment my former boss died and even though I wasn't employed with him at the time I have received messages from directly through Dreams and he said his full name: Ira Karp. I sent his family a card after I heard he died and in the EVP he thanked me for doing that.
    I have even received Spirit Communication talking about the current Presidential Election going on with receiving Trump, Hillary, and Bernie's name. But only 2 clips.

5. Spirits also seem to get p***ed at me when I dont respond to them when I am sleeping. I have caught them telling me to F off multiple times, telling me to go to hell etc.,

6. Doing remodeling in your house can piss off Spirits that may be there but after the remodeling is done they seem to like the change. We recently had our small Bathroom redone and got our roof done and let's just say I got a few profanities directed at me. But then when the construction guys stopped they tell me they like the changes.

7. You will never receive the same clip twice.

8. They also seem to influence Sleep Talking. Every time I have talked my Sleep or anyone else in my Family I get an extra voice in there. I dont know if when we Sleep Talk it's them speaking through us in our dreams with our Dream Self. But they seem to mimicking what we're talking about while in Sleep Mode.

9. Spirits seem only to have the Power to Speak 3 to 4 words.

10. Hidden Messages do exist in Audio. Especially when you slow the clip down using a Sound Editing Program.

Overall I have recorded well over 300 EVPs in my room alone. All with various degrees of voices. In conclusion when we dream its because Spirits want to tell us something,give a warning, or just say Hi. I have been placing all of my enhanced recordings on Soundcloud for everyone to critique

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Perhaps you should read this skeptoid.com... Its some times good to look at things from all sides.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
Perhaps you should read this skeptoid.com... Its some times good to look at things from all sides.

Ah Yes I have come across that article a few times in the past when browsing Skeptoids website. Its definitely a interesting read. And you are correct when you say we need to look at things from all sides.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I dont knock EVP, but humans sometimes hear and see what they want not what is there. But your post is intresting and I hope to hear more about it

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

I have been placing all of my enhanced recordings on Soundcloud for everyone to critique

Link?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I have been placing all of my enhanced recordings on Soundcloud for everyone to critique

Link?

soundcloud.com...

I name my clips what I think the EVP is saying. So I dont post the same clip twice by mistake. So the title is almost automatic suggestion. But if you look at my profile not everything is liked. So that tells me right there that people are hearing what I am hearing otherwise they would not have favorited, Downloaded, or rePosted the clip. If people hear something different i wish they would post what they think they hear but not a lot of people do that.
edit on 29-6-2016 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I had a listen to one of the recordings on the link. While I didn't make out words, there is a sense of a woman there.

A couple of times I have looked into the EVP work others do, and it takes one to an unpleasant place of deceased humans and religion.

My suggestion is to watch out, those deceased humans are mostly predatory and religious zealots.

Note When these people say things like:

"Your not supposed to know" - That's bait.

"The bad ones are coming" - Sorry, your already talking to one.

edit on 29-6-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: spilling mastake

edit on 29-6-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: added note

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Those are fascinating, thanks for the link. They have somewhat of an electronic quality to them? And it sounds like an onslaught of voices. Scary stuff. So much I couldn't begin to make out....

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
I had a listen to one of the recordings on the link. While I didn't make out words, there is a sense of a woman there.

A couple of times I have lookef into the EVP work others do, and it takes one to an unpleasent place of deceased humans and religion.

My suggestion is to watch out, those deceased humans are mostly preditors and religeous zealots.

Thats what I have been thinking. If you listen to some of my other clips I feel like its either the same Female Spirit or multiple ones coming through. Now what I want to make clear is they told me there names on there own free will.(If they have free will). I never ask for Spirits name, or any question. directed towards them like you see on TV. All I do each night before I go to bed is just set my recorder on the night stand next to me. Then wait to fall a sleep. So

I know some people have told me they could be demons but I haven't quit subscribed to that theory as i do have a few objects in my Household that some of my Family Members could be attached to. I have a Painting hanging over my head that my Grandmother Eleanor painted, I also have a Sword that belonged to my great grandfather who was a Master Free Mason in my house. But the reason why I think it is my Grandmothers Spirit is because I was her first Great Grandchild and I caught a EVP saying what I think to be "Why would you paint this"? But it sounded like the spirit was talking to another Spirit in the room because why else would it ask a question like that unless the person who painted the picture was there.

You know I have looked on Google for other people's work to see if I can compare my work to there work but it's actually kinda hard to find other people's EVP work I can listen to other then Ghost Hunter TV Shows.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Have you listened to Steve Huff Paranormal?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I'm skeptical of the honesty of the people talking in EVPs,

When I was a kid in the sixties, Ouija boards were sold in toy shops here in Oz. We had one and I'm sure EVPs and Ouija is the same level of deceased humans, they taste exactly the same.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hmm! Interesting. Got me thinking and wanting to possibly try this myself.
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

I'm skeptical of the honesty of the people talking in EVPs,

When I was a kid in the sixties, Ouija boards were sold in toy shops here in Oz. We had one and I'm sure EVPs and Ouija is the same level of deceased humans, they taste exactly the same.

Im familiar with Ouija Boards but I have heard nothing but bad stories from people who play with them. So I wont touch one. And never have. Dont get me wrong I am curious about them. But ill leave curiosity alone on this one. Some things are better left not played with. But I dont see any harm with leaving a Recording device on late at night next to you while you sleep to see what it picks up. I continue to get interesting clips.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Instruments, ho hum. Only humans use those, real ghosts don't need them.

IOW, if something happens that is backed up by other corroborating events, witnessed by more than one person and the preponderance of all the evidence when added up makes denial impossible, then thats paranormal.

Everything else is subjective, including the plethora of ghost hunting equipment, lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Sounds like you are picking up a.m. radio snippets to me. All I'm hearing.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

If it isn't "Ghosts" but am snippets like you say I find that to be super fascinating in itself. That requires a whole extra study on itself. When I sleep I dont have any TV, or Radios on. But I just find it fascinating that the recording devices can pick up radio signals just floating around us all the time. I almost wonder if am snippets could influence people's thoughts or dreams without realizing it.

But one of the main reasons why I dont think it is am snippets is because I have caught profanity on there like the F Bomb etc., People on the radio aren't allowed to swear for the most part.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

originally posted by: In4ormant

If it isn't "Ghosts" but am snippets like you say I find that to be super fascinating in itself. That requires a whole extra study on itself. When I sleep I dont have any TV, or Radios on. But I just find it fascinating that the recording devices can pick up radio signals just floating around us all the time. I almost wonder if am snippets could influence people's thoughts or dreams without realizing it.

But one of the main reasons why I dont think it is am snippets is because I have caught profanity on there like the F Bomb etc., People on the radio aren't allowed to swear for the most part.

HAM radio guys cuss like sailors

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Have you listened to Steve Huff Paranormal?

www.youtube.com...

O Ya I am familiar with Steves work he catches some interesting stuff.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have also tried this. Wanna hear a story? Here goes.

While living in a garage that had been converted into a mother-in-law I was told by every person that slept there that something was off. My kids and girlfriend all refused to go into the walk in closet in the back of the building. I used it frequently and found little trouble but then, I'm kinda thick.

I've written articles on my night terrors and I eventually tried evp. I found that the spirit in my place was generally cantankerous so I had things like sage and the like. Then I decided to offer a peace pipe. Or literally, a glass of scotch.

I sat in the room for a moment and spoke to the empty room about sharing the house and offered a scotch. I set the scotch on a table and toasted to health and happiness. I then left the glass and shut the door. Before I left I started my digital recorder.

Now you should know that this place was rural. No city sounds. Dead end road about a mile away from the last turn. I'm also savvy with audio, I've been working with it for around 25 years.

The next day I listened to the recording. What I heard brought chills. I showed my daughter who at the time was 17 and said"just listen. "

She heard it too.

My right hand to God, part way through the night, clear as day you can hear the words "nice man"

After that I had little concern and sometimes poured my new friend a drink before bed.

The clip is on YouTube. I could link to it if anyone wants but I'm on my phone so I'm being lazy.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mrgone
Nice diplomatic solution. I like your thinking.

edit on 29-6-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: spilling mastake

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join