It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Brexit a con job?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Might be - I certainly get the feeling at least some of it was.

I posted this on another thread Media in Full SPin Mode - pg16 about the company who looks after the postal vote. I also added it to other EU Brexit threads but it has been removed from all except the one above - apologies as I wasn't aware I couldn't do this.

I hope the OP of this thread doesn't mind me bringing it up here? I would also suggest watching the You Tube video on my post as it discusses a Brexit fix (I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link to the video here or maybe someone else can?) and media cover up of the following story featured in the Scotland's Herald paper:

The Herald Scotland - Concerns raised over senior Tory MP link to election count firm/

A TORY MP is a director of a company that has become a major player in how elections are managed in Scotland, it has emerged. Concerns have been raised with the Electoral Commission about the involvement with Idox of former Tory Cabinet minister Peter Lilley, who is a senior non-executive director. Idox has had a hand in providing count software, including postal vote management support, among other services, for elections since at least 2012.

Three years ago, Idox said they were the largest provider of electoral management systems in the UK, covering a voting population of 13 million. It describes itself as "one of the premier election service providers in the UK, providing outstanding expertise and knowledge across all areas of election management".

Personally I think that no MP (or ex MP) should have any connections, access or interests whatsoever in the backbone that makes up the election process. Unless MPs were squeaky clean (and we know they are not) then there is the risk of some form of corruption.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I can see your point but if BREXIT is essentially a con to put off other member states from leaving then why are we now getting talk of other member states now wanting follow suit.

Additionally why do it to Britain one of only two contributors to the EU who puts in more than they get out, why not do it to the Italians for example.

So like i see i understand your point OP but I just think its wrong because picking Britain for con would not really make much sense.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My take on it is it is a power play of the elites.
The New World Order and Goldman Sachs created the EU and wanted Britain to stay.
The right wing of the Tory party and Murdoch wanted power away from Brussels.
The control of the British media by Murdoch swung it in their favour based on a campaign of lies and misinformation.
The right have won and they will erode the protections of the EU on the ordinary people.
Tragically I think the outcome will be bad for the people of the UK and good for the rich elites (as per usual).

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Picture this.

A gigantic ball of NWO elitists now crashing down a hillside with Lucifer in the center, surrounded by his grovelling followers whilst the weak ones get smashed every time the flesh ball hits a granite outcrop.

Looks like the UK Labour Party had many weak members who are now being tossed away by the internal elitists.

Trail of body parts now. This is fun to imagine.
edit on 29-6-2016 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I can see your point but if BREXIT is essentially a con to put off other member states from leaving then why are we now getting talk of other member states now wanting follow suit.

Additionally why do it to Britain one of only two contributors to the EU who puts in more than they get out, why not do it to the Italians for example.

So like i see i understand your point OP but I just think its wrong because picking Britain for con would not really make much sense.

Other countries started talking about leaving after the result but if Britain suffer enough economic blows it will make many think twice about leaving which is my point.

Britain has always had a high number of people who don't want the EU and with the success UKIP have had recently it would end the support they have been gaining.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Heedbanger

Not really there are Euro-skeptic political movements in most EU states, in France they have quite a loud voice.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Thank you!!

I still think the leave vote knocked the "elite-ski's" for a loop. It was not on their itinerary. I'm sticking with it and hope the peoples of Britain don't let the punishment psy-op knock them down.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well I don't necessarily believe that brexit was a con job but it occurred to me it would be a good way to stifle opposition to the EU if a country tried to leave and it was a disaster. The fact that other countries like France have many who are highly euro-skeptic is part of the reason why they would pull a con like this.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

But it wasn't a con.....

Unless you have proof.

It was not a con and the democratic will of the people of the UK was to leave the EU.

The rest of Europe will probably try to make it very difficult but only to put off other members trying the same thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
the entire leave campaign was based on lies, xenophobia, bigotry and racism.
which is all ukip have used for what feels like forever.
the morning after brexit, when leave campaigners basically admitted they had no idea what to next, and they couldn't believe people fell for their lies, people started asking questions.
it appears now bojo will go for the norwegian style, stay in eea, but have no say over our rules.
hardly the promised democracy.
oh, and they cant stop immigrants.
much to the chagrin of ukip.

other right wing parties around europe are now desperately distancing themselves from farage.

the only con here was the leave campaigns lies upon lies, and the stupidity of their voters.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

I actually think there are very good reasons for why the Brexit is a good thing, lots of very reasonable arguments particularly around issues of Sovereignty.

However I also think you are right about the way Vote Leave conducted their campaign, for example on the issue of immigration predicating their argument on the idea that Brexit will reduce immigration is absurd. Most of immigration into the UK comes from non-eu citizens and additionally all most all immigrants contribute more to the UK economy then they take out as most of them are in employment. The argument is then "well they took our jobs" but when UK unemployment is at its lowest rates in decades then this argument also falls fat on its face.

If you think about it, if only 5% voted Brexit just because of this lie about immigration then as a state we have just made a monumental decision that could cause lasting damage based on a lie.

Scary.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I think it's a good theory. I definitely see sabotage on the horizon and the EU will exploit it as much as they can.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

But it wasn't a con.....

Unless you have proof.

It was not a con and the democratic will of the people of the UK was to leave the EU.

The rest of Europe will probably try to make it very difficult but only to put off other members trying the same thing.

No one is going to be able to prove such a thing with direct evidence. People will just have to watch the circumstances unfold throughout the transition and decide whether the circumstantial evidence shows the EU is orchestrating sabotage and then exploiting it.

As if anyone is going to officially investigate the EU and collect evidence...ha, ha. Good one.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Other members are not to be deterred from their own exit plans. To affirm this, though it's already been mentioned at ATS but become lost in the shuffle, I post this link:

RT - "Who Wants to Follow in UK's Footsteps"?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Let me elucidate on why people were confused and voted as they did and why the MSM are ignoring the reason. I appologise if my comments sound racist but it's the truth.
The problem being people getting mixed up with the EU "working " immigrants and the mass movement of non working, get what we can for free migrants. Like the 4000 sitting in Calais. These non workers with their large families and criminal activities are the ones that the majority of leave voters were refering to. They are the ones that the majority of remain and leave camps want curbing. This has absolutely nothing to do with the EU as these people DO NOT recognise any borders at all.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The elite are going to try to punish us to use as an example to the remaining nations that might want to leave, we just need to dig in, be smart and ride it out. If you ever want to see the real violent face of state oppression in a supposed democracy go to a protest against globalisation and see how much security they roll out compared to any other type of protest, that alone is enough to show how much of a threat it is to the establishment and why it should be resisted at every turn.

All of the politicians involved in both remain and leave lied out of their arses and made promises they had no intention of keeping, including Farage who is attempting to piggyback the result as some kind of victory he spearheaded. They're all scum imo.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

this wont change at all, as a country we import a lot more into the country than we export. I am pretty sure, given the economic climates of the countries we import from and the general western world, that they would make it difficult. Their economies rely on us buying their products just as much.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I voted Leave but didn't feel there was anyone in the political cesspool that represented the reasons why I voted to leave the EU. Nothing but political infighting and hard rhetoric on guess work and promises no one was in a position to make.

Migration and all that jazz had nothing to do with my choice at all, which seems to be accusation made to most people that voted out, in fact it would have been great if people had grabbed the opportunity to educate themselves, look at the facts and not opinions and conducted some proper researched and reached their own conclusions themselves.

People these days are so reactive to something they read or see on the news, then decide that is their new opinion without any further research

I wish that when the referendum was approaching, that there was some sort of TV show or short film that showed the facts behind both scenarios and then let people decide on their own.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I agree. If anyone can recover from EU exit...it's probably the big players, like UK, France or Germany...smaller nations are weak financially and politically...they would be easier to manipulate and punish.

I hear the pound is already slowly on its way back...after the initial shock...so...this "con" might come back a prove like a big hit and a miss.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
But the UK is not strong financially, neither is politically at the moment.
Besides that, the fact that Brexit is a fraud, is well known. The UK won't Brexit and won't Bremain. It will be stuck in Eurolimbo.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join