It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steemit Intro!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Here is a link to my Steemit Intro.

Steemit

Cheers...Blockchain tech in application!
edit on Wed, 29 Jun 2016 02:34:10 -0500 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed, 29 Jun 2016 02:34:43 -0500 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/6/2016 by ArMaP because: link corrected

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Wow. A blast from the past. How are you? Better than your link I hope. Got a 404.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MemoryShock Hi can you please elaborate...I have no idea what steemit is.
I see you have been here before, uh welcome?😃

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Background of Steemit

Steemit is a relatively new company, founded in early 2016 by Ned Scott and Daniel Larimer.

Ned Scott earlier worked for Gellert Global Group, a family-owned private equity group which holds many North American food companies.

Daniel Larimer is the founder of Bitshares, which has the 11th largest market capitalization amongst all cryptocurrencies.

The concept

Steemit is powered by blockchain technology and uses a new cryptocurrency to reward users who upload articles, images, commentary, etc.

Other ways users can get paid is through sourcing and up-voting popular content. The earlier a person up-votes a post that becomes popular, the more is the reward.

Users are paid half in 'Steem Power' (a vesting currency) and half in Steem Dollars, which can be exchanged for US Dollars.

CTO Dan Larimer says to CoinTelegraph:

“Steemit is a brand new way to recognize contributors online, especially those who join our community early and stay long term. New users will be given a portion of Steem when they sign up and those who initiate or improve the quality of discussions, through persuasiveness, clarity, grammar and formatting, will be upvoted faster and more appropriately rewarded.”

cointelegraph.com...

This should be required reading...not the cointelegraph article....the idea and everything about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

To be honest, Steemit is a new concept and I wanted to bring it to the attention of the admins.

I think that they could do well seeing where the future of social media is headed.

I have, however, posted a response to your inquiry...

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Wow. A blast from the past. How are you? Better than your link I hope. Got a 404.

You got a 404?

Google 'steemit'...I have a whole write up on what has happened in the past few years...with some omissions.

Things have been great. Great to see you, Trep!

link   

You got a 404?

Google 'steemit'...I have a whole write up on what has happened in the past few years...with some omissions.

link   
a reply to: MemoryShock Thanks, my English is poor so, thank you for sharing...i'll never pass English and so I'm not going to check it out... maybe in a few years... when I can study grammar better.

link   

You got a 404?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I am pretty sure it is the "@" that is messing with the link. It works on Chrome and Firefox...but doesn't seem to translate to ATS.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MemoryShock

Hi, nice to "see" you again.

Usually, using the url tags works.
link

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Sounds great! If it has a section similar to the Gray Area I'll be there. I saw that you sign up through Facebook, Reddit or email request. How long before I hear back via email for account set-up?

Btw, great to see you back!

STM

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

Sounds great! If it has a section similar to the Gray Area I'll be there. I saw that you sign up through Facebook, Reddit or email request. How long before I hear back via email for account set-up?

Btw, great to see you back!

STM

It's immediate. I posted within ten minutes of signing up (I used a reddit account).

There are like minded people there but the site is very new. One could create a Gray Area SubSteemit and gain immediate traction.

I recommend experimenting with the site. It's like reddit but you get upvoted in money. Daniel Larimer created it, and he is the genius who created BitShares, a constant top ten crypto currency market cap. It's not my favorite but a project definitely worth exploring.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Hi, nice to "see" you again.

Usually, using the url tags works.
link

It's been long enough to where I didn't even think of that. If you would be so kind as to edit the OP I would be grateful. Perhaps you could see fit to delete some of those repetitious posts as well...

Good to 'see' you as well, ArMaP...: )

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Stemit was successful.

I don't post there but it was an example of social media being monetized.

EOS is going to be bigger...

I don't have any of that. But I'm looking forward to the ride...

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I stumbled across an addition you made to a NWO thread in 2010 and liked what you wrote, ended up browsing other topics you had discussed.

When I finally read your most recent Intro (on Steemit) I was touched by your journey of ups and downs and the role ATS had played during those years.

Also, its nice to see the use of Blockchain expanding through the web

Thank you for the insightful and personal glimpse into your diverse experiences and life-growth!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Welcome here! I hope you will share a lot of links here!

new topics

top topics

join