It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Accident Rained Glass Particles on Tokyo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Most of the radioactive fallout that descended upon downtown Tokyo in the days after the March 2011 accident at the Daiichi nuclear plant was concentrated and deposited in non-soluble glass microparticles -- essentially, glass-filled soot.

As a result, the fallout, which contained concentrated radioactive cesium, wasn't dissolved by rainfall, and probably lingered in the environment. Its effects remain unclear, according to a newly-published research.

LINK

Let's not forget the following recent disclosure:

TEPCO's Fukushima meltdown apology: "It was a cover-up"

As far as I can tell, all national governments operate like the case above. They want to keep the system going at all costs. If that means killing you and your family, so be it. It's not always that bad, but, the bottom line in any modern society seems to be to keep the profits flowing even if it will lead to extinction.

Or, as I tried to explore in the following thread, perhaps humanity isn't even capable of being responsible in an ultimate sense?

Delusion was once a beneficial trait for natural selection, IT ISN'T ANYMORE
edit on 29-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
Wow... well doesn't that make Jim Stone's hypothesis of the explosions being MossadMagna BSP installed security cameras (nuclear weapons) detonation more credible?
Vitrification of silica temperatures etc...

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Does this mean a slow absorption of radioactive Cesium into the environment? Does this mean that we haven't even begun to see the full effects on the people/animals?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I think it's got more to do with controlling the population, that is, keeping them from rioting, than it does from hiding the truth for nefarious reasons.

The human animal can be very irrational under extreme stress.

I admit there was a cultural aspect to it because the Japanese are very concerned with saving face.
edit on 6/29/16 by 123143 because: GD AUTO-CORRECT.

edit on 6/29/16 by 123143 because: GD AUTO-CORRECT 2.0.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Your source has some problems, like citing an unverifiable source. Here's a better source:

Geochemists Discover Deposition of Radioactive Cesium Fallout from Fukushima in Glass Microparticles
I'm not sure of all the implications, but one might be that if people had inhaled the water soluble particles as was initially assumed, perhaps they could be dissolved in the bloodstream, and excreted, minimizing long-term effects.

However if what was inhaled were glassy microparticles, which are not water-soluble, then they could pose a problem for a longer period of time. The source doesn't say that but it's a little unclear about the exact implications so I'm trying to infer those. For example, the article says:

"...the radioactive fallout may have been more (or less) concentrated than anticipated. This may mean that our ideas of the health implications should be modified."-Dr Satoshi Utsunomiya, Kyushu University
"More (or less)", which is it? It's a confusing and unclear statement about the implications, but maybe all the implications aren't understood at this point.

I remember reading back in 2011 that there were fairly significant accumulations of radioactive material in the Tokyo sewers, but then I didn't see much more about that so I don't know what they did with all that radioactive sewer sludge.

originally posted by: CovertAgenda
Wow... well doesn't that make Jim Stone's hypothesis of the explosions being MossadMagna BSP installed security cameras (nuclear weapons) detonation more credible?
Vitrification of silica temperatures etc...
Jim stone sounds like a lunatic, apparently claiming not only that garbage but that the Earthquake and tsunami were faked, which anybody with half a brain cell can determine were real events.

edit on 2016629 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
surprised people are still trying to milk money from fukushima hysteria over 5 years later.
not surprised by idiots gullibility to believe in b******t however.
it again proves the terrible iq of this place.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Jim stone sounds like a lunatic, apparently claiming not only that garbage but that the Earthquake and tsunami were faked, which anybody with half a brain cell can determine were real events.

Maybe so but at least he has the testicular fortitude to provide a lot of evidence for his hypothesis.
Wheres yours?
BTW I think you will find that your puerile insinuation should say 'half a brain' rather than 'half a brain CELL' . Could you elucidate, or was that just your allotment of synapses being creative?
edit on C2016vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 30 Jun 2016 03:58:48 -050030AM3America/Chicago6 by CovertAgenda because: edit

new topics

top topics

join