It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman: citizens dont need firearms for protection but we do.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Congressman Says His Constituents ‘Shouldn’t Have to Carry a Gun’ — However, Congress ‘Deserves’ and ‘Needs’ to Be Protected by Them.

Tuesday night, Congressman Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) was speaking with a reporter from the Daily Caller about a recently exposed scandal involving some members of the NYPD selling access to concealed carry permits when he laughingly stated that his constituents “just shouldn’t have to carry a gun.”

When asked about the armed security protecting him and the rest of the members of Congress, he answered, “I think we deserve, need to be protected down here.”

I dont even know what to think or say anymore.

Clearly, this PUBLIC SERVANT thinks that they are more important than the people whom they are supposed to serve.

According to this human being, the average American does not have a "God" given or inherent right to self defense.

Apparently, only the privileged few have that right...

SMH.

edit on 28-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
The secret service should be disarmed. give them pepper spray and spitwads instead

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Rangel is a career idiot.

I know it is an supremely stupid statement, but he is just too big of a moron to take seriously. Rangel and people like Pelosi are so far out there it isn't even fair to make fun of them anymore.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Not disagreeing with you but there are Americans who actually listen to these guys.

Which is why these absurd views need to be highlighted and corrected/challenged.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

How do these people get reelected?

Time after time, idiot politicians spout the most insane rhetoric and they say in power. It's madness!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Lots more guns than that around. They could show him standing on the boatloads of WMD they shipping over to foreign countries.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You know you are absolutely correct.

I suppose the statement is so far out there that I assume no one will pay attention, but then again he continues to get elected so I guess someone DOES actually take him seriously.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Taking a different angle on his comment, I think he's spot on correct. Citizens shouldn't need to carry guns.

But they do.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The reason for the 2nd Amendment is to repeat what we did to England to gain our freedom, only with our current DOMESTIC enemies!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Time after time, idiot politicians spout the most insane rhetoric and they say in power. It's madness!

I don't get it either. He was indicted and convicted on 11 ethics violations in 2010. Doesn't seem to matter,

he is the second-longest currently serving member of the House of Representatives, serving continuously since 1971. As its most senior member, he is also the Dean of New York's congressional delegation. Rangel was the first African-American Chair of the influential House Ways and Means Committee. He is also a founding member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe change "idiot" with crooked or criminal and it's an invisible pass
to 'political-hoodness' ?????
edit on 28-6-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well when you lie to get your job and then do the opposite of what you say you will do for the people I guess you might need some kind of protection.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

“I think we deserve, need to be protected down here.”

There you have it people one of those rare glimpses of TRUTH in American politics.

THEIR lives are more important than yours or mine.

Congressman as a whole only deserve CONTEMPT from 'we the people', and not a damn thing more.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WAstateMosin

You don't say?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I guess his constituents figure that "he may be an SOB, but he's our SOB."

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Sadly, a great deal of elected officials run unopposed year after year. Look at your ballot the next time you vote and notice a lot of spots only have one person to vote for.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Personally I think this will definitely come to pass as logic tells us that as the country descends into tyranny only the rich and powerful will permitted to have them. I will in fact make this prediction.

When this situation comes into being virtually no rich or powerful person will ever get charged with murder. They will effectively have elite immunity. Already, the elite are becoming super citizens with immunity from the law. Hillary comes to mind.

Moreover, unofficially I see that when this law comes into existence and has been in place for a few years, the rich and powerful will be killing people just like the sheriff's kill the bad guys in the westerns. As soon some peasant comes with 20 metres bang bang.

Non whites watch out.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I agree with you. Guns aside, we already have rich kids getting away with vehicular homicide while driving under the influence.

Exhibit A: Ethan Couch, 16, kills four while driving drunk in a truck owned by his father's company. 10 years probation and alcohol rehab due to "affluenza", a term that here means he was too rich and privileged to understand the consequences of his actions.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WAstateMosin

The reason for the 2nd Amendment is to repeat what we did to England to gain our freedom, only with our current DOMESTIC enemies!

talk like that could get on more than one list. you need to be just a little bit more subtle.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: WAstateMosin
a reply to: Shamrock6

It isn't the revolutionary times. You are less free than you think, all because of technology. Everyone thinks everything is fine. When the military comes in, it would be too late. USA Tyranny isn't busy fighting multiple wars unlike England in the past. They've been picking off everyone, one at a time unlike the Brits. The French are currently not free to help because they will side with USA unless of course they leave NATO all together and rebuild their own nation which seems impossible due to EU NATO alliance. Can't be Neutral too bad. There is a lack of native population to help anyways due to all the extermination in the past.
edit on 2-7-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Does the Congressman know our Right to Bear Arms isn't about us defending our homes against Citizens... but about Defending our Nation against a Tyrannical US Government?

We don't need the gun because of our Neighbor... we need the gun because of our Congressman!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join