It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani Clerics Declare Transgender Marriages Legal Under Islamic Law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well what can I say I always been against organized religion, but for some reason whenever Islam is the topic Christianity and its historical practices are mentioned, still the fact is, that under Islam as is practiced today, transgender, gays and any variances will still be persecuted and killed.

I never denied that. I've been 100% honest in the OP about how this isn't enough and there are still problems going on even with this change.

In order for any Islamic country to offer any protection to their transgender people they will have to ban sharia and work on their human rights, that is not going to happen any time soon.

You never know.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Please don't think I am fighting your is the OP article, is so easy for this clerics to say anything they want and to show that they care when they very well know who rules their Islamic nations.

You said it was a fun topic, but I find it sad, instead, it can give some idea of hope for transgender in the middle east but the realities of their struggles is much more harder that this cleric thinks.

Yes is some Asian countries that uses rituals where transgender is venerated and they also practice Islam but their religious rituals are older than Islam and they stick to them.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Please don't think I am fighting your is the OP article, is so easy for this clerics to say anything they want and to show that they care when they very well know who rules their Islamic nations.

I don't. I made that mistake earlier, but I quickly realized it and edited my post to be a bit more friendly.

You said it was a fun topic, but I find it sad, instead, it can give some idea of hope for transgender in the middle east but the realities of their struggles is much more harder that this cleric thinks.

I was being facetious.

Yes is some Asian countries that uses rituals where transgender is venerated and they also practice Islam but their religious rituals are older than Islam and they stick to them.

Oh don't get me wrong. I understand COMPLETELY that they have a long way to go.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

all for it but Pakistan is practically a failed state I mean holy # people the Taliban still controls half of it

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: Freija

all for it but Pakistan is practically a failed state I mean holy # people the Taliban still controls half of it

Not even close to true:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This sounds good on the surface until you realize that many people are forced to be Transexual because Homosexuality is still a mortal sin and the only way to rectify that sin is to become the opposite gender (but mostly Male to Female). This is the caveat so many SJW's conveniently ignore when they go around preaching that Iran for example pays for Transgender operations.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix
I'm just impressed that they are making progress. Clearly this flies in the face of all the haters who want to pretend like the Muslim world can't adapt to the modern world.

Pakistan may have taken a small step forward, but countries like Turkey are taking steps back.

Case in point: The Annual Gay pride festival that just got shut down in Turkey because religious nutters threatened to attack it under a very thin veil. (We have told you it is wrong for this festival to go on, so we are not responsible for what happens if it gets attacked)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Tanzeem Ittehad-i-Ummat Pakistan - little-known clerical body in the eastern city of Lahore, said in its fatwa.

Clerical body or PR firm?

Why no names of the Imams and Muftis making their offical rulings on this groundbreaking contradiction and repudiation of muhammed and his perfect infallible quran?

A very fair point.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
This sounds good on the surface until you realize that many people are forced to be Transexual because Homosexuality is still a mortal sin and the only way to rectify that sin is to become the opposite gender (but mostly Male to Female). This is the caveat so many SJW's conveniently ignore when they go around preaching that Iran for example pays for Transgender operations.

This is also very true.

This sounds more like "are you gay? we still hang you, is it hard for your neighbours to see that you are actually a man then we can let it slide".

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I guess you forgot that under Sharia law that is practiced in Pakistan and which under the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan assures that the state will follow Islamic Sharia law and cannot make any Un-Islamic Law or Rule against the sharia, people can be kill during the right to honor killings.

Let no forget that about 1000 women die from honor killings annually in Pakistan, well I will say that the whole issue of transgender rights is nothing but a propaganda scam.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Now, what about Christianity? oh, yeah, always a good scapegoat issue when talking about Islam and Sharia ruled countries.

Shaira law is only followed to a degree, kind of like the US and its Blue Laws. Mostly it exists to settle family and financial cases like Catholics and Orthodox Jews use in the US. Never think of Sharia as any sort of hard and fast rule. Each nation uses what they like, most of have dual legal systems so you can choose. And honor killings are tribal and were around long before any of the major religions including Islam.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join