It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I smudge my house?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
We have been in this house for about 16 years. It was very light and sunny

Lately, my wife and I have been very tired and sluggish in the house. When we're out, things seem fine.
We have a 24 year old who stays in his room and seldom comes out. He appears to have no interest except reading internet blog that talk about how screwed up things are. We also have a 34 year old with cerebral palsy.

There has been activities.

Our oldest did dabble in the occult when younger.

I once saw a figure look around the corner when I was pulling into the driveway. He looked around the corner, inside the house, then pulled back real quick. I went inside and checked the house and didn't see anyone.
My wife was in the garage a coupe years back and thought I'd walked in. She started talking g to me and turned around and I was not there.

Once, the door knob on my bedroom vibrated. Shortly after, I heard a very loud thud on the bathroom door header leading into the bedroom.
My wife once felt the bed being bumped, hard enough to feel it

I'm asking if a smudging could possibly make things worse? My wife said at least then we would know if it really was something effecting us in negative way and she is NOT into this kind of thing so to have her agree was somewhat surprising.

I think smudging simply encourages positive vibes.

What do you all think?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: wrkn4livn

I don't think smudging could hurt anything.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

My understanding is smudging will remove negativity. I can't see where it would hurt. It's possible you've brought an item into your home or your son attracted something. Good luck!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

If you don't know what you're doing wth it, wouldn't recommend it. Could be like playing with matches in a dry field.

You could begin to search about your house, looking up the history of it, who lived there who maybe died there. Ask the neighbors. Get some background first.

What about the activity seems threatening?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I have a Native friend who taught me some of the ways of her people.

Try this, it may help. I love using Sage, has a nice fragrance. Remember to open your main window afterwards to release negative energys.

www.beliefnet.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Anything

but the One who conquered death, hell and the grave . . . only increases demonic harassment, bondage, etc. The increased bondage, affliction, harassment may initially be subtle and lower key. It would build with time. Giving spiritually legal doors opened to such increased afflictions is not wise.

There must be someone--preferably an experienced 2-3 people--in your area skilled, anointed etc. in dealing with such situations. I'd contact them. Ask around . . . particularly with folks you know who have a track record of being sensitive and potent in such ways . . . at least folks who know how to contact God in powerful ways . . .

You might also have to cleanse your home of occult objects, books, idols etc.

Alternately, the goings on can get worse.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If you don't know what you're doing wth it, wouldn't recommend it. Could be like playing with matches in a dry field.

You could begin to search about your house, looking up the history of it, who lived there who maybe died there. Ask the neighbors. Get some background first.

Nothing

Just seems to be slowing us dow
As far as history, there was a felony on the property involving an adult providing drugs/alcohol to under age girls/boys. I couldn't find out anymore but I did confirm that a felony DID take place there through the sheriff dept.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Anything

but the One who conquered death, hell and the grave . . . only increases demonic harassment, bondage, etc. The increased bondage, affliction, harassment may initially be subtle and lower key. It would build with time. Giving spiritually legal doors opened to such increased afflictions is not wise.

There must be someone--preferably an experienced 2-3 people--in your area skilled, anointed etc. in dealing with such situations. I'd contact them. Ask around . . . particularly with folks you know who have a track record of being sensitive and potent in such ways . . . at least folks who know how to contact God in powerful ways . . .

Definitely NO occultism material in the house. Not even Halloween stuff

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Would definitely read up on it prior to doing it. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Anything

As far as getting worse, then we would know for sure eh?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If you really feel odd when you are inside the house, the very first thing [even before any 'cleansing for ghosts'], I would do is check your gas boiler or fire place. Unless you don't have gas, then ignore this.

Even low level carbon monoxide poisoning can give you symptoms like headache, tiredness etc, hallucinations etc.
A woman in the States [can't find the link] started losing her memory over a couple of years until she found out she had a leak, it can also be fatal.

Another common occurrence that can cause unease, anxiety or seeing ghosts can stem from electromagnetic fields/radiation and ultra sound. What's the wiring like in the house?

Unless you can rule any of these out, I wouldn't jump to a ghost conclusion. If none of this is applicable however, then yeah, get some sage and cleanse your house. But safety to you and your family should come first.

edit on 28-6-2016 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

If the house was fine until more or less recently I would put my money on a negative entity/spirit being the culprit as opposed to a classic haunting. To properly Smudge you need white sage to clear the air and follow it up with frankincense and myrrh and lavender. The ritual must be done with three people on the first night and it must performed three nights in a row. The three people should live in the house and all three have to stand together in there love and respect for each other against the intruder. Say a prayer if you like before you begin burning the incense or atleast hold hands and state your intent, in this case something like "we stand here united in our home to declare our love and Dominion over this home and to clean it of all who do not belong" the wording isn't important but how you say it Is very Important. This is your home and whatever is there DOES NOT BELONG THERE. You have the power to drive it out, so do it!! Also go through the ENTIRE house/attic/basement etc. do not miss anything and once you have gone through the entire home go outside and walk the perimeter of your house while smudging and of course do the same thing with the Frankincense myrrh and lavender and yes do it three nights in a row. The second and third time you don't have to state your intent as it has already been stated. Do it at night so your neighbors won't see you walking around while burning incense if you're worried about them thinking you're crazy lol. Good luck and let me know if you have questions.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

does this mean it would not work for a house where only 2 people live?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
From reading your letter, I'd look at the blog/computer as the first suspect in bringing down the vibes of the house.

So, was the house nice before the young fella shut himself up reading the blog and other doom material? If there is a coincidence of the two events, it would strengthen the posibility of the negativity comming via the young fella's gloomy thoughts and feelings.

Smudging should assist in clearing a buildup of negativity as awareness10 suggests in the reply above. However if the negativity is recreated every day when the blog is read, then smudging would need to be repeated regularly.

I suggest a test for now, vanilla essence is a good cleaner of certain types of negative build up. I would buy some and try it as the aromatherapy people use it and let it fill your bedroom every second day.

If you feel better after a week of sleeping, then you would be on the right track. If so, then you could 'nuke' the house with vanilla aromatherapy wise.

But really, one has to work out the cause or source of the negativity.

I think just telling the young fella not to visit those doom blogs will probably not work.

If the vanilla or sage brings a more positive feeling to your bedroom and a definate improvement for yourself and wife, then I would go with that temporarily house wide.

But that is just half the problem. The young fella would need to also develop a healthier outlook on life.

Perhaps when the sage or vanilla has cleared the negativity, a family get together to talk to the young fella might be in order.

Note: a buildup of negativity will attract negative things. Better to clean up the attractant first and then worry about anything else.

edit on 28-6-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: added endnote

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

From reading your letter, I'd look at the blog/computer as the first suspect in bringing down the vibes of the house.

So, was the house nice before the young fella shut himself up reading the blog and other doom material? If there is a coincidence of the two events, it would strengthen the posibility of the negativity comming via the young fella's gloomy thoughts and feelings.

Smudging should assist in clearing a buildup of negativity as awareness10 suggests in the reply above. However if the negativity is recreated every day when the blog is read, then smudging would need to be repeated regularly.

I suggest a test for now, vanilla essence is a good cleaner of certain types of negative build up. I would buy some and try it as the aromatherapy people use it and let it fill your bedroom every second day.

If you feel better after a week of sleeping, then you would be on the right track. If so, then you could 'nuke' the house with vanilla aromatherapy wise.

But really, one has to work out the cause or source of the negativity.

I think just telling the young fella not to visit those doom blogs will probably not work.

If the vanilla or sage brings a more positive feeling to your bedroom and a definate improvement for yourself and wife, then I would go with that temporarily house wide.

But that is just half the problem. The young fella would need to also develop a healthier outlook on life.

Perhaps when the sage or vanilla has cleared the negativity, a family get together to talk to the young fella might be in order.

I think this is very good advice. I think a family meeting is in order (my wife suggested this last night) to reaffirm what we are doing here for the rest of our lives (not rehashing doom and gloom stories).

We will try the aroma therapy and let you all know.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
If you really feel odd when you are inside the house, the very first thing [even before any 'cleansing for ghosts'], I would do is check your gas boiler or fire place. Unless you don't have gas, then ignore this.

Even low level carbon monoxide poisoning can give you symptoms like headache, tiredness etc, hallucinations etc.
A woman in the States [can't find the link] started losing her memory over a couple of years until she found out she had a leak, it can also be fatal.

Another common occurrence that can cause unease, anxiety or seeing ghosts can stem from electromagnetic fields/radiation and ultra sound. What's the wiring like in the house?

Unless you can rule any of these out, I wouldn't jump to a ghost conclusion. If none of this is applicable however, then yeah, get some sage and cleanse your house. But safety to you and your family should come first.

We have electric heat, but, propane stove and fireplace. I will check for carbon monoxide. Thanks

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Good.

Though you don't know all such activities about all former inhabitants of the building.

You might check that all family members are clear of such activities.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If it is not a simple haunting, I would not suggest that you try to rid the entity/entities by yourself. I would call in a group who is experienced in these matters. In any case, good luck to you! Keep us posted on what's going on.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: wrkn4livn

Would definitely read up on it prior to doing it. Thanks.

Confronting spirits is okay, just talk to them. Say look, I live there now I don't care what you do, as long as you leave me and my family alone. If you can't handle that then move on. You're dead already, behave like it.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Give the sage vanilla a trial to lift the vibes up in the house and then have family meeting in a better atmosphere. Open the young fellas door too when using sage or vanilla.

I think wife is probably right, but raise the vibes of house as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join