It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Golden Hoard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Nobody is self sufficient anymore.

Everyone is dependent on the system.

Hardly anyone has taken steps to "be prepared" because just about everyone is thread-bare, stressed out, and swimming in debt.

Add to that all of our networks that provide to us food, fuel, and medicine are modeled on the JIT system ('Just In Time delivery'). So if there was ever an interruption in service, there are no stockpiles anywhere of food or medicine to rely on. Once the shelves get cleared out, there will be nothing left.

For these reasons, I believe it would not take much for things to come apart at the seams, at least here in the US.

And if it does, if the fit ever hits the shan, I have no doubt that most people, at least in US society, will devolve into real animals.

Why do I think this? Why don't I have a rosier outlook and higher opinion of my fellow countrymen?

For a time, I had the misfortune/fortunate experience of being stuck at a job that involved "providing customer service." I learned very quickly that most people if they have the opportunity and feel safe doing so will not hesitate to take a crap on you if they are sure they can get away with it. For no reason, either. And that was all sorts of people from all walks of life (needless to say I got out of that job as soon as I could).

But the experience left me with no doubt about what lies just beneath the surface with most people.

Deny these same people not just their conveniences, but food and their next hit of prescription meds, and I think they will quickly devolve into something very dangerous.

Keep that in mind while you are prepping for contingencies.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks

But the experience left me with no doubt about what lies just beneath the surface with most people.

Nice. Nothing like being in a position to see the Jekyll and Hyde effect.

Getting them behind the wheel of a car or a badge can result in the same revealing glimpse at some peoples hidden nature.

They hide behind a cloak of respectability, nice enough until you disrupt their 'program'.

edit on 28-6-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks
Your post has nudged me a bit more.
I will be looking for natural means to lower my blood pressure, so I don't have to rely on pharmaceuticals when the SHTF.
I haven't smoked in 23 days now, that should help drop the BP.

I hate just in time delivery. For industrial parts, it seems we have to wait 4-6 weeks for the factory to make the parts that used to be stocked in a distributor's warehouse a few years ago.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Might be a wise move.

We are in a similar situation (a family member is on thyroid meds). We are looking into natural alternatives, even if they are not quite as effective, to see us through any legthy interruptions in the supply chain.

We also keep a small closet full if a month's supply of canned goods. And for anyone dependent on corrective lenses we have at least an extra pair.

Ya never know, and standing in a bread line with a couple hundred scared and hungry fellow Americans sounds like a recipe for disaster.

new topics

top topics

join