It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit could mean VISA-FREE migration between Australia, UK, Canada and NZ

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

A survey commissioned by the Royal Commonwealth Society in London found that 70 per cent of Australians, 82 per cent of Kiwis, 58 per cent of Brits and 75 per cent of Canadians are in support of reciprocal open borders between the nations when it comes to living and working in them.

If the UK exits the EU, it would no longer be bound by the EU’s free labour movement laws.

Therefore, the Government may be more open and flexible towards migration from non-EU countries to fill any skills gaps.

Commonwealth Society President, Lord Howell said: “This polling is invaluable as it shows the view and wishes of these fellow Commonwealth friends in strong support for closer ties.

The concept has been supported by London mayor, Boris Johnson.

The UK and its tightening immigration rules, which has seen a decrease in the number of working visas issued to non-EU nationals, including Australia, in recent years.

More than one million people in Australia were born in the UK, the leading country of birth for its overseas-born population.

Express

Personally I think it would be a great idea.

Though I'm against mass uncontrolled immigration I do recognize the value of immigration.

The country's have similar standards of living so there wont be a unbalanced drain from poorer country's to rich.
All country involved would share similar values, cultures and a language.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Love the idea. The good old English Speaking Alliance is back
We do have far more in common with these recently related people than Bulgarians (no disrespect just honesty) and there will surely be great economic gains attributed to visa free travel between the Commonwealth states.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have said for years we should strengthen the commonwealth.
We get each other better then we dI'd with th Europeans.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

If the UK does exit the EU, a return to the Commonwealth would be necessary. Unfortunately, that would mean that Britain would still be at the whims of Canadian immigration policies, which tend to be liberal and would not appease the xenophobic elements.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Can America get in on that deal?

That would be a great move and clear positive to the brexit that could help the remainers get over the political loss.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
So countries with predominantly white English speaking populations for you then...But it was never about Racism was it.?

Australia and New Zealand?...couldn't you find some White friends a little closer. hahahahahahaha.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Then i think the Nordics should leave with the Baltics and form their own union..

Since the EU hasnt really worked that well with moving labor around, just taxes..

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Havent you realized? Its for Kingdoms only...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

If the UK does exit the EU, a return to the Commonwealth would be necessary. Unfortunately, that would mean that Britain would still be at the whims of Canadian immigration policies, which tend to be liberal and would not appease the xenophobic elements.

Far far better than EU policy's to be honest.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
So countries with predominantly white English speaking populations for you then...But it was never about Racism was it.?

Australia and New Zealand?...couldn't you find some White friends a little closer. hahahahahahaha.

No its abbot standard of living.

Would love to see the Bahamas and some of the other Caribbean country's added to the list. Hell even south Africa in the long term if they short some of there # out.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Can America get in on that deal?

That would be a great move and clear positive to the brexit that could help the remainers get over the political loss.

The USA massive population is a slight concern in that regard.

Could potentially work, especially as a lot of our industry's are tied.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

No its abbot standard of living.

Would love to see the Bahamas and some of the other Caribbean country's added to the list. Hell even south Africa in the long term if they short some of there # out.

All those countries you just mentioned demanded and achieved independence from England mate...Hahahahahahahaha...
Awwe...Little Englandy Winglandy got no friends to play with...

Oh God. Ma sides are splitting at this straw clutchery mate....

b..b..but Please play with me...i've got my own ball and everything.

Hahahahahahahaha. England no Pals.

Any idea how pathetic and desperate you are sounding.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Any idea how pathetic and desperate you are sounding.

Less pathetic than a "independent" Scotland in the EU..... How do you say Scotland in German? Schottland I think. Get used to it as a EU Scotland with be even more pathetic and insignificant than a Scotland in the UK. Even Greece would be above you.
edit on 28-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

You have a high living standard in those nations, a broad middle class.. Cant see them running to England for work, and no one wants to even touch the free leprosy nation of the West

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Sorry but the only pathetic one in here is you with your English trolling, we get it you hate the English.
You play the bitter Scotsman role very well, but I'm quite sick of it to be honest.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Im not a racist and f@#$ anyone who says i am, im honestly one of the least racist people i know.
That said im also a realist and as a result am unashamedly xenophobic.

I have no issues with immigration to Australia provided you want to assimilate and become a part of aussie culture.
Kiwis, Canucks and Poms are in my opinion basically aussies who speak funny.
Im all for free movement between these countries as there would be virtually no impact to the host country.

If you wanna live in Oz I couldnt care less about your colour but i do care about your cultural expectations

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Hes not clutching at straws , you are . What those countries mean to us , doesn't mean that to you ? Is Israel our ally ? The CIA up Merkels telephony orrifices ? There's friends and theirs friends , you'd hope wee schottlanders were just happy with that and pizza after .

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

If you wanna live in Oz I couldnt care less about your colour but i do care about your cultural expectations

Thats the key.

The laws between commonwealth country's are pretty much the same, so are our values, education and culture. There for assimilation of immigrants would be very smooth with little to no impact.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I see no problem with western civilizations having open immigration policies its when you attempt multi cultural ism and mass migration from third world nations it becomes a problem.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

We are aloud to have white majority countries.

Multiculturalism has been a total failure.

There is nothing wrong with white majority countries people will jus have to deal with it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join