It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIlitary Working Dogs Being Abused And Killed By US Based Security Firm In Kuwait

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
A week ago I came across an article in SOFREP(a Special Forces News site) detailing accusations and images of Military Working Dogs being summarily euthanized(read, abused and killed and piled up like trash) by a US owned security company once the contract with a Kuwaiti oil giant was terminated.

Original SOFREP article

Instead, there are only the deaths of at least 24 to 40 working dogs and the possibility of 90 additional dogs. Eastern Securities or E Sec was awarded a contract with Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC) to provide explosive detection dogs for their oil rigs. When KNPC canceled the contract with Eastern Securities, they were left with 140+ dogs that no longer had a job and were costing them money to feed and house them. Instead of being responsible with the working dogs and finding them homes, Eastern Securities chose the most cost-effective way of dealing with the unemployed working dogs, euthanasia. It is unknown at this time exactly how the dogs were killed or even if the remaining 90 are still alive.

Eastern Securities, knowing full well that there are tons of veterans like me and organizations like the US War Dogs Association, would have been happy to adopt one of the loyal and highly trained working dogs. I spent the better part of a year working with special operations troops who would bring their dogs with them on missions. These dogs served my country as much as I did and they certainly deserve more respect than being killed and dumped like garbage.

Both Eastern Securities and KNPC were responsible both for the harsh conditions the dogs were required to work in, and the fact that they didn't limit the abuse to the dogs. Apparently they were abusing the workers as well as Soldier of Fortune Magazine reports:

Last week, reports on social media suggested that at least 24 dogs had been euthanatized due to the cancellation of a contract and unpaid salaries. Unconfirmed sources said that the animals were sick and had been put to death for humane reasons. But local animal rescuer and activist, Mimi Mamoun has disputed this account. “The dogs were not sick, only two, three I heard; in fact my Filipino friend who handles the dogs told me that the dogs were healthy and only a few of them were old but they killed them to punished the handlers who has filed complaints at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor (shoun) for nonpayment of salaries,” she said.

Absolutely despicable and disgusting behavior.

I would hope that a US security firm like this would be under investigation for animal cruelty, but I don't see that happening.

Hey E.Sec, you just managed to piss off the one group of people you really don't want to piss off. Congrats, you have a contingent of Special Forces soldiers, and regular troops like me who have ZERO issues spreading your name everywhere we can. I hope you never do business with anyone again.
edit on 27 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

all of the so called US security firms that have sprung operate with despicable and disgusting behavior.
every last one of them. i don't care what anyone says they have seen or witnessed, it the nature of the business.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I don't necessarily agree with that.

But I will be very quick to point out abuse when I see it.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I don't want you to get upset...I have a question...is it not SOP to terminate these dogs as they can't be trusted as a pet and unstable around people.
Just asking...I hate to see any animal harmed or put away...but if they can't be trusted in a non-combat situation...say like getting out of their enclosure and running around the neighbor hood and attacking folks...what is the alternative?
Cheers

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JaMeDoIt

is it not SOP to terminate these dogs as they can't be trusted as a pet and unstable around people.

No. That has NEVER been an SOP anywhere. It is also untrue that they aren't "stable". They are highly trained and focused dogs. Unstable is not something they are.

They DO have a lot of energy and require tons of exercise and a job to do in order for them not to start acting out. But that's a Belgian Malinois and German Shepard for you.
edit on 27 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

That's beyond sick. They should have to place these animals, or heck, sell them to other firms, or donate them to police, or something. Lots of training, and they just put them down??

Makes me mad.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I am aware of the problem of the dogs not being able to come back with their handler/partner/friend but this is disgusting!

What the hell is wrong with these people!?

edit on 6 28 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Previously Posted Here

Closing Duplicate

top topics

join