It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Change of Heart for no good reason

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: intrptr

He recognized that he's been had by the media.

I've been lied to by the media because it's ALWAYS "9 out of 10 dentists agree".... yet I NEVER get to hear what that 10th dentist had to say.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I often ponder who we all are. Essentially, isn't life just a almost infinite number of teeny tiny moments? It's when we string these moments together that we start to see the story. (I think is for another thread for another time).

To your shower/sock story.... it reminded me of something that I heard years ago that I do to this day.

I don't remember what show I was listening to on the radio (but it was one of those call in to the shrink shows). I don't remember the specific conversation either but I remember advice being given that basically said if you are ever feeling like you are stuck in a rut, making a tiny change to your daily routine can make a big difference. For some reason, at the time, it stuck out to me.

I've applied it most often with my commute home from work. Whether I'm in the main office or at a jobsite, all roads lead to the same parkway on my way home. Sometimes, when I'm feeling a bit "bleh," I'll get off on a random exit and take a different route home. It doesn't seem like a big deal but it actually goes a long way. I don't know why but seeing different things or maybe seeing the sun set from slightly different angles seems to change my perspective on things.

(At some point I'd love to further explore the "why we are who we are" topic).

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You might be on to something here.

You're right. I have no issue with the Messi is amazing conversation... but it should be in context of the overall game. There are a bunch of other guys out on the field. In fact, there is actually an opposing team Messi is playing against.

Also, you're right in that even AFTER the game ended, they spent a lot of time (too much time in my opinion) showing Messi crying on the bench when the attention should have been on the champions.

I share your frustration about the 3-second delay. I learned that a few years back watching some NFL games.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Maybe it's the 'in' thing, perhaps you are not just in the loop enough, your irritation could be something to do with the commentators themselves, they rave a lot, and there's not always a way a to know just how enthusiastic they really are, as opposed to making a show. It's TV.
edit on 27-6-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I did not get to hear the pre-game as the bar had a baseball game on.

That's part of it. I KNOW that had I not heard the pregame, I wouldn't have minded Messi and would have still supported the guy.

But to retire because you can't win?

Yes. That kinda is making me think that I never should have liked the guy in the first place. I don't know all the ins and outs but I do understand that Argentina's Soccer Organization has some issues that many of the players don't like. However, there are a LOT of people tied to the team that aren't millionaires and his sudden departure will affect them. The national team has helped him do very well for himself, so he should think about that before making a snap decision like that.

I'm still hopeful that it was just a snap decision and he will reconsider.

Whatever he did after the game... didn't affect my feelings about him before it had started.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Try and notice whether this sudden dislike 'sticks'.

That's sort of a strange one. As TEOTWAWKIAIFF posted, right after the game Messi quit the team, which sort of made him look like a spoiled brat (for lack of a better phrase). So, I didn't have a chance to really consider what you are asking. I give you a lot of credit for asking that though, because this morning I wondered, if he hadn't quit and left his team high and dry, what would I be thinking...?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Right, another topic. And I know that thing about changing my commute. I do that too. Freshens things up.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: intrptr

He recognized that he's been had by the media.

Trying to understand why anyone likes or dislikes complete strangers they see on TV. TV is agenda propaganda, celebrities are false images presented for mass consumption.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Messy these things are... affairs of the heart!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Messy these things are... affairs of the heart!

I saw what ya did there.

edit on 28-6-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join