It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Does anyone know what happen to the Avatar Backgrounds? Tried to use images within guidlines but they didn't work. Went back to the image that was there just before I started changing and it no longer worked. It just wiped it away and now the background is blank.

Tried smaller backgrounds and nothing!

Checked the forums here but all of the info is from a LONG time ago.

Anyone know what's going on?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I wish I could help but I am lucky to even have an avatar and I don't really understand the background question. When I have uploaded a picture that I want to use I click on the little square that says (something like) 'use this picture for your mini profile background'. I don't use the little figure to make it my avatar. If memory serves me I used a blank background for that. Here's a link to the avatar creations thread and I believe somewhere in there are specs for the new avatar sizes since the changes to ATS some months back.
Good luck and hope something in this post/link helps you out!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

TNMockingbird - Thanks for the reply. For that, I believe I can help.

When you upload your image, you should have 3 boxes, each below the other with a code inside. The FIRST one is the one you will want to copy and paste into your avatar box. If you need further help, I can screen shot it for you and post it.
edit on 27-6-2016 by StallionDuck because: Correction

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Sorry... I had to correct myself. It's the first box, not second. It's the first box. I'll step by step with you....

Upload your image.

Goto the image once uploaded and click it. When you click it, you'll see:

Highlight and copy the text in the first box. Then paste that into your avatar box under accounts. See below for the location:

Save it and you should be good to go. Let me know how that turns out.

edit on 27-6-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Are you sure the image is uploaded to ATS?
Are you certain the file type is correct and both dimensions and file size are within limits?

If confirmed maybe copy the url (not all) and paste in in your account home page by hand.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I don't believe that's correct. The avatar requires the full http address. The background uses just the following portion of the address. (/files /img/ ek5741531o.pn g)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Wait...it's simpler than theses suggestions above.

You've uploaded your avatar and it stays forever in pictures to click the little man image and it is your avatar...no pasting.

You can use it over and over.

Have never pasted link...just click little man image to use.
edit on 27-6-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
My best advice to you is to go to the Avatar Creations 2016 thread.

The very first post will give you the correct sizes and complete instructions on getting your avatar/background set up.

Any of the good people in that thread will be more than happy to help any way they can

Be blessed,
Jas

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

King, thanks for the quicker goto method. I didn't even think about that for the avatar. Though, using the "pic" code seemed to work just as well but I did revert back to the URL.

All,

The background issue still stands. I've even used an image that was 95x95 with a 56k size and it still remains blank, even with the background transparency turned off (and on). The image is indeed in my uploaded picture list. For some reason, no matter how it's done, it still remains the color of my background and no image. I'm checking the results on 2 different browsers, and clearing cache in the meantime. I've also tested this at home on a 2nd and 3rd computer to make sure I'm not missing anything. Same results. As I mentioned, I even tried to replace the image with the one that WAS working and still no luck.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Make sure you remove the 'entry' that disappeared. In profile and in upload. Then load the appropriate, guideline friendly, image. Set back up and wah-la.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

Made certain. I even saved the example background listed in the walkthrough post.

(oops images should read 170x240. Image is correct but what's written on it isn't)

Here it is.

I've used the pic-image-pic and also the url listing for the image. Neither seems to work.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28-6-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

ok figured it out. Apparently adding the image text to the boxes on the account page does not work. However, choosing the lil icons on the image itself that sets to avatar and background does.

Thanks for all the help guys and gals!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Test i've been fighting this thing all day .

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Here are a few pointers...

Originally we only had the avatar dimensions (170 pixels wide by 240 pixels high. Maximum file size: Remains 75k ) to work with until somebody thought up a work-around where you could use the mini-profile background image in combination with a transparent avatar.

ATS allows this creativity but has also stated that animating the background is not allowed.

So we are free to add any kind of animation within the parameters of the avatar (the small black square in the above picture) but the combined file size of your avatar and background image cannot exceed 150k.

Okay, now if you set a transparant avatar with the size of your background (1600 ×200) it will show your complete background.

Just right-click between these lines and save the picture to your desktop as .PNG(!!!) (If you save it as jpg it will loose transp....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upload it to you ATS account and in the preview set it as avatar. Now get a background 200 px wide by 1600 px long and you have extracted the most out of the space that ATS has allowed you to express your creativity...oh did I tell about the banner?

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoSat, 08 Sep 2018 14:56:08 -0500pm305620189 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae
My best advice to you is to go to the Avatar Creations 2016 thread.

The very first post will give you the correct sizes and complete instructions on getting your avatar/background set up.

Any of the good people in that thread will be more than happy to help any way they can

Be blessed,
Jas

You mean this thread...

Get your free custom designed avatar folks!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Another test. It worked fine for a while last time I got three avs

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I decided to just go around it and use the instant way mentioned above. It's so much less of a headache. If you need help with something, let me know. Just give me specifics on what's happening.

top topics

join