It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart. Are they selling us much more than we realize?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don't shop there.

Well, you should.

They're a top employer of Americans.

Also, the deals are fantastic.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

should be called China-Mart....everything there is literally from China....so I don't shop there either

That is false. Not "everything there is literally from China".

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

originally posted by: NewzNose

I don't shop there.

Well, you should.

They're a top employer of Americans.

Also, the deals are fantastic.

I case it depends on where you live. Some Walmarts seem to be better than others.

Personally, I try to avoid the big box stores, when I can. But the locally owned independent stores, don't have the ability to carry as wide of a variety as the big corporate stores, so I shop them when I need to, which is not often, as I don't need very much these days.

As far as the great deals go, it depends on what you consider a deal. 2 for the price of 1 always annoys me. To me it screams that the item was overpriced to begin with. Clearance sales, I understand, but most other sales. They make me think that the sale price, is the price it should have been in the first place. I always feel like I am being conned.

Wyldwylly might be on to something. Maybe I am just a little cray cray.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

should be called China-Mart....everything there is literally from China....so I don't shop there either

That is false. Not "everything there is literally from China".

I am sure that not everything comes from China, but I don't believe the majority of their stuff comes from America.

I might be wrong, but I think a good portion of the American production has been outsourced to almost any other place but America.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

So where do you shop where most of the products aren't made in China? Just curious

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I have family not too far from this area. I thank God that they were not completely destroyed as so many were. But the rain continues.

My heart hurts for the massive loss that so many have had to endure with these recent events. They say it happens once in a thousand years. What next? We will need to rebuild together. Recovery will be long and hard, and it seems the number of events are growing. I hope to be there around August. I will do what I can and what is needed.

Waking up to the realization that material things can be taken overnight.

Prepping doesn't prepare you for this. So now what happens? If the people are stripped down to nothing, where do they turn?

You hear people often talk about this world needs a do over. Living it is a whole lot harder than talking about it.

With the activities at Walmart. Was this good planning, or was this expected?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I shop at Walmart, why should I spend my hard earned money for a $2.00 avacado while I can get the exact same one and just as fresh for 80 cents at WM. Business is business.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
I shop at Walmart, why should I spend my hard earned money for a $2.00 avacado while I can get the exact same one and just as fresh for 80 cents at WM. Business is business.

This isn't as much about Walmart as it is about us.

You are right. Walmart is a business. As so many have pointed out, they are in the business to make money, and they are going to do that at our expense. If they can get away with selling us products that are shoddily made, or made with ingredients proven to be hazardous, that is exactly what they are going to do. They don't physically force us to buy their products.

If we continue to fertilize the corporations with our blood, sweat, and tears, we can't say anything when we find ourselves as the main entree.

This isn't about Walmart, the government, or any other mega corporation. This is about us. I understand your desire for inexpensive goods. I just think often we make the mistake of only looking at what we are saving today, and are blind at what it can cost us tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I ran across a map that shows the States that are currently under a State of Emergency. It may be just our century to get slammed but it just feels strange that so much is happening so fast.

Currently Declared Disasters
Currently Declared Disasters

It feels to me like we are spinning around in a vortex of chaos, and we are just waiting for the next shoe to drop.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join