It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Party takes major stand for reproductive freedom

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

It isn't self-aware. It doesn't know it exists. It doesn't have thoughts, feelings, emotions or memory. The fetal nervous system and brain simply isn't developed enough to experience those things.

EDIT: That doesn't mean that I'm all gung-ho for abortion. I think we should desperately try to avoid it at all costs, as the emotional toll having an abortion on a woman can be very damaging. It also sets dangerous social standards and makes people callous about their behaviors.

We should be pushing better education and offering methods of free birth control, instead of this abstinence-only nonsense.

And despite advocating for education and birth control, the right of a woman to have control over her body and what grows inside of it should be up to her and no one else.
edit on 26-6-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I know there's nothing I could ever say to change your opinion.

But I feel sorry for people that think like you do.

I really do.

I'm sorry that you think the way that you do.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

It isn't self-aware. It doesn't know it exists. It doesn't have thoughts, feelings, emotions or memory. The fetal nervous system and brain simply isn't developed enough to experience those things.

And yet it still lives.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I wonder how many child sacrifices she's participated in as a practicing satanist

What??

That's a silly thing to say. With all due respect...what?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

And yet it still lives.

No, it would not survive outside of the host mother for any length of time on its own. It's "life" is conditional on the basis that the mother stays healthy.
edit on 26-6-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't want my taxes used to murder babies.

Someday people are going to wake up and realize that what they have been doing - murdering babies - has been the most evil, horrendous....
..I hope people come to their senses.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Your taxes are not paying for that.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

And yet it still lives.

No, it would not survive outside of the host mother for any length of time on its own. It's "life" is conditional on the basis that the mother stays healthy.

And that makes it ok how?
There are kids who can't live off of machines on their own yet no one would say it's ok to kill them or they aren't "living".

At what point in its life cycle, in the womb, is it considered murder by your standards?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Your taxes are not paying for that.

Even BOTHER reading the op ?

That was about them REPEALING Hyde so that tax dollars can be used?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

Well I am not a Hillary fan but I am also pro-choice. There are already to many people in the world and anyone that wants to abort will not make the best of parents if denied the choice. The kid will have a miserable life and will probably end up being very negative to the world.

Your trying to predict the future. Just because you think the child will have a bad life it's ok. That excuse is pathetic. The kids not gonna be anything so it's OK to kill em. Seriously mate? That's all it takes for you to be ok with this?

Yes, actually. Sorry to be blunt. 40 years life experience...

40 years huh. That's actually more pathetic.

Well whatever. When I was 19 I knocked up my daughters mother. She wanted to abort and I said no. I have no regrets, however I had to raise my daughter myself, as she bailed.

I don't want you to think I am biased. I am A Republican Conservative that happens to believe in pro-choice and is not religious. I just think people need to have personal responsibility. Choosing to abort will be with them their entire lives.

Sorry I do not have much more to say.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

And I don't want churches to be tax exempt.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What a suprise, another political thread that contains you making outright false claims and and trying to bait people.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns, right ?

well guess what.......

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Well I am not a Hillary fan but I am also pro-choice. There are already to many people in the world and anyone that wants to abort will not make the best of parents if denied the choice. The kid will have a miserable life and will probably end up being very negative to the world.

Your trying to predict the future. Just because you think the child will have a bad life it's ok. That excuse is pathetic. The kids not gonna be anything so it's OK to kill em. Seriously mate? That's all it takes for you to be ok with this?

Yes, actually. Sorry to be blunt. 40 years life experience...

40 years huh. That's actually more pathetic.

Well whatever. When I was 19 I knocked up my daughters mother. She wanted to abort and I said no. I have no regrets, however I had to raise my daughter myself, as she bailed.

I don't want you to think I am biased. I am A Republican Conservative that happens to believe in pro-choice and is not religious. I just think people need to have personal responsibility. Choosing to abort will be with them their entire lives.

Sorry I do not have much more to say.

I find your stance odd considering your situation. Glad you have your daughter though!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

How so?

I don't consider a clump of non-consciously aware cells a living, breathing, human being.

False equivalence.

So at what point do you consider 'it' a human that has a right to live?
This is not an anti abortion video, it is simply ultrasounds throughout a pregnancy.

ETA: The ultrasounds start about 30 sec in.

Please point out the moment this baby deserves protection.
3 months?
6 months?
Only once it is born and breathing?

Why can a person be charged with murder for killing a "clump of cells", yet an abortion is perfectly ok?

My personal opinion is at conception.
edit on 6 26 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Neo - when those precious little babies, whose parents didn't want them and were not equipped to care for them, are born ---- are you ready to step up and foster them all? What will you do to make sure they're all looked after and safe and sound?

What will you do about all the other neglected, starving kids everywhere with flies all over them and malaria and swollen bellies? What's your plan???? Their parents didn't want them or mean to produce them......or are simply unable to provide and care for them.....are you going to save them?

edit on 6/26/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

And just WHAT prey tell do you have a problem with ?

Quote it.

This ?

It is a social philosophy advocating the improvement of human genetic traits through the promotion of higher rates of sexual reproduction for people with desired traits (positive eugenics), or reduced rates of sexual reproduction and sterilization of people with less-desired or undesired traits (negative eugenics), or both.[6]

Eugenics

That isn't NAZISH ?

The Democratic Party platform explicitly calls for repealing the Hyde Amendment, which restricts access to women’s reproductive rights, particularly low-income women and women of color,” Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s campaign said in a statement.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I find your stance odd considering your situation. Glad you have your daughter though!

Maybe he takes that stance because he believes in people having the Freedom to make choices for themselves rather than having others make them for him.

Maybe he believes in personal responsibility which means making your own choices in life, both the wrong ones and the right ones rather than having others dictate your life for you.

That's what Pro-Choice means. It means having the freedom to make choices for yourself.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Neo - when those precious little babies, whose parents didn't want them and were not equipped to care for them, are born ---- are you ready to step up and foster them all? What will you do to make sure they're all looked after and safe and sound?

What will you do about all the other neglected, starving kids everywhere with flies all over them and malaria and swollen bellies? What's your plan???? Their parents didn't want them or mean to produce them......are you going to save them?

Buzzy!

I can live with trying to solve that problem. I can't condone what I believe to be murder so that I don't have to face it. I don't want to be that coward.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Maybe he takes that stance because he believes in people having the Freedom to make choices for themselves rather than having others make them for him.

Maybe he believes in personal responsibility which means making your own choices in life, both the wrong ones and the right ones rather than having others dictate your life for you.

That's what Pro-Choice means. It means having the freedom to make choices for yourself.

I dont believe people should have murder as a choice.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join