It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SLS booster test Tuesday 6/28/16

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Orbital ATK in Utah will be holding the last SLS booster test before the system is scheduled to fly in 2018 on Tuesday morning. The test will be webcast at 10:05am EDT. The test will be a 2 minute burn, at 40 degrees Farenheit. That's the lower end of the temperature range for the propellant. The previous test was at 90 degrees, which is the upper end.

Following the test, NASA will be holding a teleconference discussing the initial assessment of the test. NASA television will show both the test and the teleconference.

The booster for the world's most powerful rocket, NASA's Space Launch System (SLS), which will power the agency’s astronauts on the journey to Mars, will fire up for a major ground test at 10:05 a.m. EDT (8:05 a.m. MDT) Tuesday, June 28, at Orbital ATK Propulsion Systems’ test facilities in Promontory, Utah.

This is the last time the booster will be fired in a test environment before the first test flight of SLS with NASA's Orion spacecraft, known as Exploration Mission-1 (EM-1), in late 2018.

NASA Television will air a NASA Social event that provides the latest updates and background on SLS and Exploration Mission-1 at 3:30 p.m. Monday, June 27, and will air live coverage of the booster test June 28 beginning at 9:30 a.m.

www.nasa.gov...

March 2015 test:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ooooooooooo.........

Big booster make big boom!

hehehehe.

Hope the test is good.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
We live in pretty cool times!

Technology wise that is..

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

This is Great News! I've been excited about the SLS ever since I first heard about it. Thanks for the update!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think I peed my pants while watching the video...it's a thing of beauty!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
LOL NASA (or its associates) still playing with firecrackers....
...at least they put on a good show...
edit on C2016vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 26 Jun 2016 21:37:40 -050030PM9America/Chicago6 by CovertAgenda because: adds

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think it's great and will move the program on down the line. These tests and launches have a beauty all their own that's really hard to beat. I'm glad we can record the events for future generations as someday the age of chemical rockets will end and become only a memory and pictorial history. My best.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

That was sweet!! Thanks for the video!

S+F

(See the bug do a circle from the nose cam? It was like, "light!" Uh, "Hot" *turns around* hehe)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
U think that's impressive?
Look at what the Thai's can do with similar tech...
Thai rockets

top topics

join