It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let kids spend summer days in a screen-induced haze

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: rickymouse

Visual display fatigue is not something which only occurs when dealing with CRT monitors, although there are dangers unique to the old style of monitor which do not present themselves when dealing with modern monitors.

45 minutes to an hour with a screen running, should equal fifteen to twenty minutes of rest for the eyes, for best fatigue mitigation.

I spend a lot of time doing research on the net. Usually about six hours or more every day. On top of that I look for something to give me incentive and post answers to others.

The LCD monitors are much harder on the eyes than the CRTs I used to use. It is an unnatural light, too sharp in the visual range with nothing to buffer it. I could buffer the CRT monitor a lot better to lessen eye soreness, it had dials that were a lot better than the LCD monitor software which isn't so easy to fine tune. LCD lights of all kind bother me. We have a Plasma TV, if I only had an LCD I would not watch it much.

I actually spent about twenty hours researching the types of monitors and lights effect on the eyes, and the real evidence shows LCD is not that good on the eyes or brain. It took hundreds of articles to filter through to verify that. Only a few articles adressed it as I say, it seems like the industry that profits by LCD and digital is actually twisting the evidence. I am not the only one who notices this, lots of people say that LCD monitors are hard on the eyes.

My daughter has four monitors set up on her work station and she buys really good monitors. She has some special software to personalize the monitors, I suppose I could bet a five hundred dollar monitor too. Since she uses her computer for work eight to ten hours a day, she has researched monitors very much and buys some second hand that were very good monitors at a reduced price. My monitor is a three hundred buck monitor with good reviews, but she says it is not that great of a monitor. I guess you should only trust reviews from sites where computer geeks who use them all day go. Sales scams are abundant in the reviews of products on the net.

<< 1   >>

join