It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

600 more American jobs heading to Mexico because of corporate gluttony

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

From a shareholder standpoint, each share earned a dividend of about 60 cents in 2015 on a share price of $44.00. That's about 1.5%. So if you had $44,000 invested in shares, you made a whopping $600 in 2015. Not such a hot income.

So what were the employee demands about pay and benefits? Did you bother researching that?

Prior to the financialization of everything, there was a time when most companies in this country did not even have stock on Wall Street. My company does not have stock on Wall Street as do many others.
My my how are we surviving?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Seems like there is a unbalanced power between corporations and workers (tilted to corps). One thing that could be done is stop this free trade (tilted to corps), Trump will do this, right?
We all didn't want unions, they drive up costs, the make lazy workers, they protect bad workers. I'm sure some of this is true, but the pendulum had swung too far to the corps. It will take a huge effort to move it back to center.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I'm sure some of this is true, but the pendulum had swung too far to the corps. It will take a huge effort to move it back to center.

Yep, there needs to be a balance of power and it is way out of wack in favor of Globalist Investors and Globalist Corporations.
It not only makes sense as a country, but even in capitalism itself, it is required that all parties involved have rights at the bargaining table.

Where are the worker and citizens being represented at the government level, in the formation of NAFTA, in the formation of the TPP as so on.....

Like David Rockefeller said, citizens and workers should have no say nor rights, only the top elite because slaves is what they want.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

This will change only when we vote for people who were plumbers, marketers, auto mechanics, cashiers, stock clerks, office managers six months prior to running for office.

Seems like the wealthier the office holder is/gets the worse their decision making skills get.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
now that they have expanded into the global market american buyers no longer have leverage

if we stop buying their products it wont matter theyll just move into china or india

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

This will change only when we vote for people who were plumbers, marketers, auto mechanics, cashiers, stock clerks, office managers six months prior to running for office.

Seems like the wealthier the office holder is/gets the worse their decision making skills get.

Yea, I agree. I would rather see Joe the Plumber running for president and elect him.
Even if we put in a monkey to run for president, he would do a better job for the country because he would not intentionally be rigging the market place for their wealthy donors at the expense to the majority in this nation.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Do you think that they could take the loss in sales, I find it hard to believe that the profit margin is there in other countries yet.
I can say 100% that I can live with out their piss ass cookies, but I doubt they can live without the US. Only because we still buy the most of this specific product and imagine we pay the most.

Just a feeling, no evidence.
edit on 26-6-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
now that they have expanded into the global market american buyers no longer have leverage

if we stop buying their products it wont matter theyll just move into china or india

American Consumers and Citizens still have a lot of leverage according this though.
They need to band together and pull a Brexit on these Globalist Trade Pacts

en.wikipedia.org...
List of largest consumer markets

First 5 Largest Consumer Markets out of 201 Listed

1 United States 11,484,340 71% 26.69% 2013
2 China 3,320,652 37% 7.72% 2013
3 Japan 2,999,598 58% 6.97% 2013
4 Germany 2,086,559 59% 4.85% 2013
5 United Kingdom 1,736,557 65% 4.04% 2013
6 France 1,553,253 57% 3.61% 2013

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

China is going to be #1 soon as there's nothing we can do about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
China - Manufacturing
India - Tech sector.(IT Infrastructure , Support , you name it)
Wait , I think that has already happened

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

China is going to be #1 soon as there's nothing we can do about it.

We have been in a one sided trade war with China for years though where they have tariffs on many of our goods and our Corporate Controlled Markets did not reciprocate since they are in China selling back to us.

There was a time when Corporations along with citizens had shared mutual benefit where tariffs benefited workers and corporations. Since they went Globalist, they have no need for tariffs or concerns for countries.

Time to reciprocate

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

A tariff is put on a product by the government (tax).

Lets say Red Wing work boots, many made in china (now) had a hefty tariff put on only Chinese boots (boots still cost $145). This could very well force Red wing boots to set up lines in the US and cease production in china due to the tariff pushing the cost too high.
edit on 26-6-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Last year I had to look into buying a central heat and air unit. The company I worked for was in that industry and they had moved production to Mexico so I know how important it is to buy American made products. The dealers I spoke to were not able to tell me where the units they are selling were made. I searched the internet and could not find a definite answer. Eventually I bought what they had and hoped for the best. That sucks but I tried.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Not being able to get that info is just the way a big corporation that shifted it's production to a 3rd word country would like.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Just for the record, mondelez international has 100,000 plus employees in over 80 countries.
The profit being presented in the article was generated all around the world. They don't bother to say if the Oreo plant is profitable or is losing money every year.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Stories like this tell me that the border wall should have been completed decades ago.

However,making e-verify the law of the land should be implemented as well-to begin to reverse the impact of illegals on our internal job situation.

Something MUST be done to reverse the damage of open borders-even if it has to be done violently with American tanks/soldiers.

edit on 26-6-2016 by Picklesneeze because: forgot something

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Thank you for the News Topic.

My idea of fighting back is to boycott all American corporations that move their companies over sea's or in a different county altogether.

If everyone would do this, these greedy for profit only companies will end up broke.

Oreo cookie plant made it's wealth off the sweat of the American people, and this is how Oreo shows its gratitude towards Americans.

I say, the hell with them.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
we need to send norma rae to mexico

SM2

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Just for the record, mondelez international has 100,000 plus employees in over 80 countries.
The profit being presented in the article was generated all around the world. They don't bother to say if the Oreo plant is profitable or is losing money every year.

it's not only that, but the company makes more than just oreo cookies. Each product line has its own P&L , its own EBIT, everything is divided up. So how much of this $7b came from Oreo cookies specifically? How much came from that one plant? Any of that $7b made overseas will stay there, because only a complete moron would move it back to the states and pay the industrialized world's highest tax rate. The"evil" corporations do not operate on as high of a margin as you people seem to think they do. Most ar ein the 2-5% profitmargin. So, you pay $1.00 for the cookies, they may keep a nickle. Any reinvestment in the business will most likley come from their cash on hand or liquid assests, which is where that nickle ends up. Where do you think the reinvestment comes from when they add a new manufacturing line, build a new plant, modernize something? It comes from that 2-5% profit.

So let's say that they have $7b in profits last year. generally speaking the majority of that will be held for reinvestment, expansion and acquisition. So now that $7b is more like 3. now, 2 of it is overseas, where it will stay, or else they would have to give up more than a third of that $2b to the government. So here in the states they have $1b free and clear profit. Which will sit on the books to keep the company in a stable position, from a liquidity aspect.

So they article says the top execs pay was what ? $35m ? the gap was $47m ? still a 12m gap there, even if they work for free, which wont happen. 12m bucks is alot of money to lose. As far as the argument about why does a CFO, CEO or COO require that kind of pay? Well, first off the lion's share of people whining about probably dont even know what those initials stand for much less what it takes to get to one of those positions and could not even fathom the amount of work that comes with one of those titles, it;s not all golf courses and galas.

Just looked up some of their info, 26% of the pro forma net revenue comes from north america This used to be Kraft (john Kerry's wife) but was spin off. So, that 7B bucks was not fom that plant, but from others, they own Cadburry, Oreo, Chips Ahoy, Triscuits , wheat thins, ritz etc etc. So that thins that Oreo plant out quite a bit
edit on 36062 by SM2 because: to add

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SM2

To be honest I don't think most people have a clue how a business works. I have seen revenue confused with profit countless times. They also look at 7 billion in profit and don't realize that is likely a single digit profit margin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join