It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Trying To Build A Prison

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

When there is a point to be made one must often eschew such fatuous notions as "class". Music is ART and art is conceptualization and conceptualizing things isn't always pretty, dig? In fact doing just that is often a mental bloody mess...

That's not art. It's garbage.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Well, that's one tiny little inconsequential opinion typed hastily into an Internet text box.

Have anything of substance to add to the thread?
edit on Cam3Monday1120163330Mon, 27 Jun 2016 03:11:33 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: FNORD

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

When there is a point to be made one must often eschew such fatuous notions as "class". Music is ART and art is conceptualization and conceptualizing things isn't always pretty, dig? In fact doing just that is often a mental bloody mess...

That's not art. It's garbage.

I like garbage...

We have our own version of the prison industrial complex here too

“Research to date on private prisons has found that they perform no better than publicly operated facilities, are not guaranteed to reduce correctional costs, and provide an incentive for increasing correctional and detention populations. Despite these repeated failings, many countries, including those facing serious problems in the quality and capabilities of their correctional systems, have followed the United States in adopting a flawed and shortsighted scheme.”

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Based on that garbage, perhaps, when she grows up, she'll learn to keep her legs together.

But I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

So... you're a troll or...?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

So... you're a troll or...?

It's very juvenile to label someone a troll for having an opinion that differs from yours.

Grow up.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Oh? What opinion is that then? Because heretofore you have suspiciously neglected to provide an opinion on anything but the song. I asked you earlier if you had anything you would like to add to the thread besides infantile one liners.

So... do you?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat
Thanks a lot now that song is in my head again.

It's true. And money gets you out of trouble. I witnessed this firsthand. I got arrested for having devils lettuce, and got it totally thrown out because I got a good lawyer. Had to pay over 2k for this to happen. For someone who didn't have the funds, they would have gotten a misdemeanor. Granted, not jail time, but the fact that my lawyer had a great relationship with the DA is key. I also got all the cops fired, inadvertently, in my area due to their asinine behavior toward the people they're paid to protect.

But, if you don't want to go to prison, don't get involved with crime. For pot, yeah you'll get citations and stuff, but that's about it unless you deal. Dealers deserve prison time, period. The war on drugs is B.S. and contributes to the heroin epidemic and stuff, and yes it fills the prisons, but the real problem here isn't that--it's the fact that most people in prison need mental help which is essentially why they got themselves into that situation in the first place. Police officers aren't therapists. They need treatment, or they'll just re-offend. That's the real cause of all of this. We need to revolutionize our mental healthcare system for people who need it in the prison system. That way, these people can be given a fighting chance at staying out of the big house. SOAD really over-dramatizes things. I agree with them to some extent, and I love their music, but they're not entirely correct.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

For pot, yeah you'll get citations and stuff, but that's about it unless you deal.

I'm not sure where you live, but it's not so lenient here.

Possession conviction:

Fines.
+ Probation. ($)
+ Drug Class ($)
+ Drug tests (S)

License? Suspended, with no work/school permit (unlike a DUI conviction). Got a job or going to college? Screwed.
Financial aid for college? Bye bye. You're screwed (if you could even drive there after the suspension).

Unless you have the money to shell out for a lawyer, you can then likely get a reduction of charges, but the people who can't afford a decent lawyer go through the above.

So it keeps people in the system, screws up their lives, and makes it a little harder to get on track.

I've seen it all first hand, and it's a bunch of BS.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 123143
Wow an enlightened music critic too....
Its very juvenile to make sexist/ageism comments...Maybe you should read up on Mz Manson, Mr Vig etc
But I doubt it...
Actually there's NO DOUBT about it.....
No doubt
Ahahahahah.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join