It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anchor fired because of a racial comment that wasn't politcally correct.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
A Pittsburgh Emmy Award Anchor was fired because she posted a comment on face book connected to a shooting that claimed 6 lives. I find her comments to be true and right on the mark! Killings by young black men involved in gangs have played out in my city and cities all across this country! People in the U.S. can no longer speak freely about problems that are blatantly true if it's clearly embedded in a culture of a particular race, ethnic group, age group or religion!

I'm of Italian descent and everyone knows during the great migration of the late 1800's organized crime had it's roots in the Italian community. Everyone knows that! They even made several popular movies about the Italian Mafia! Every culture or religion has its demons. How can anyone expect to trust the media if reporters are expected to follow a politically correct agenda? What is wrong about calling out crimes or killings that are statistically shown to occur by particular race, age group, religion or of ethnic origin? If we ignore the 800 lb. gorilla in the room, these issues will never be addressed and it will continue to grow into a powder keg ready to explode!

This reporter is now filing a law suit against her employer claiming she was fired because she is white. Yet, if it was a black reporter who brought this to the public's attention, they probably would have been hailed for recognizing the problem in his own community. We've had our black community in my city organizing and trying to find ways to stop young black men from killing each other! They have recognized this problem and are trying to do something about it. My wife has a friend she dances who has two grandsons who were both killed within a year of each other by young black men. She's black and she's devastated because it's happening all the time!

We need to stop this, see, hear and speak no evil crap.

Here's the link of her comment and the CNN video.

CNN, Anchor Gets Fired for Face Book post
edit on 26-6-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Good find, S&F. Don't tell the truth about young fatherless blacks or radical Muslims, or utter any other words that may offend even a handful of people, or your livelihood and career may be taken away.

All the censorship and hypersensitivity is bizarre in this age of instant global communication, where we are exposed to millions of different thoughts and opinions, and have access to the collective knowledge of modern humanity. One would think that in such an environment folks would be learning to deal with different points of view more calmly and rationally (even ones that deal with sensitive subjects, or run counter to others' strongly held beliefs) rather than reacting with more haste, severity and malice than ever before.
edit on 6262016 by M4nWithNoN4me because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It is absolutely TRUE that most of the shootings that go on around this country come from dysfunctional homes.

Anyone pointing that out should not be fired for telling the public the TRUTH.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Truth is dead. When are you guys going to figure that out?

The inmates are, literally, running the asylum.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The truth is so twisted nowadays its taking the shape of a pretzel.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
A Pittsburgh Emmy Award Anchor was fired because she posted a comment on face book

Don't all TV personnel have to clear their thoughts with the TV Station's Politically Correct Committee before releasing those thoughts to the public?

How did she bypass the system?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Trying to be PC is like walking through a minefield; one wrong step then BOOM. I woke up a week ago to see a black man robbing me and if he was white I'd treat him the same way if I caught him...lets just say it's hard to play video games with no thumbs.

I've been robbed and assaulted by black people before but if I told Jesse Jackson about the robbery he'd come up with some diatribe about how the white man started it all...I have black friends who are good people and people should be judged by their character not their skin color, however some play the race card for their own selfish reasons.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I've been robbed and assaulted by black people before but if I told Jesse Jackson about the robbery he'd come up with some diatribe about how the white man started it all...

No. Jesse would probably point out that the black man robs you of the small change in your pocket. But, the white man robs thousands of people all at once of millions and billions out of their savings. People like Bernie Madoff could never be black. Society would not let the small-time pick-pocket rise to such an elevated position that he could rob on that scale. Real serious crimes requires "trust" of the victims, to enable true criminals to work their thing. It is not that the black man wouldn't be Bernie Madoff if he could. There's no genetic barrier to crime there. But, society has seen to it that the black man must lead a more honest life, by denying him the opportunities to commit real crimes of scale. So, it always seems that the white man is the bigger criminal.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

What tripe.

There have been many rich, black criminals. OJ and Cosby and quite a few sports and music stars.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
the real truth, is, when it comes to shooting in America, it can just about ANY race.

if guns are involved, doesnt matter initial impetus, it can be any race in America, thats not the specific thing.

i think its more of what she presumed about them socially. and then she was wrong about all of them.

this is a pretty old story.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

That's the big problem with Face Book! I don't have a Face Book and never will, even though I'm retired. Today employers can use what you say on Face Book for grounds to fire you! Free Speech in public places and in social media is dead. Our self-centered politicians take an oath to defend these rights, but they use the threat of terrorism to justify trampling on our basic rights granted by the constitution.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

That's the big problem with Face Book! I don't have a Face Book and never will, even though I'm retired. Today employers can use what you say on Face Book for grounds to fire you! Free Speech in public places and in social media is dead. Our self-centered politicians take an oath to defend these rights, but they use the threat of terrorism to justify trampling on our basic rights granted by the constitution.

I am not saying this was right or wrong nor am I defending anyone but 99% of the time when people use the line "Free speech is dead" they are wrong.

The reporter had freedom of speech to post whatever she wanted and so she did.
That is not the same thing as not suffering consequences of using that freedom of speech. She made the choice to make a post on FB and the news company then made a choice to follow that up with something they had the right to do.

None of those things infringe upon freedom of speech.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Of course it's infringing on her right to free speech! It's just like someone being discriminated against because of the color of their skin. She didn't yell fire in a crowded auditorium! What she said didn't put anyone in harms way! It was an opinion based upon the current state of affairs of black on black crime. No employer has a right to fire anyone if what they're saying is based on truth or current statistics. She wasn't making this stuff up. This employer fired her solely because of the perceived backlash they would have received from some people in the black community and the "political correct police."

This infringes on anyone who states their personal opinions or opinions based upon facts. There's a big difference between lying and telling the truth. If this is allowed, any employer can fire anyone based upon anything they don't agree with. It's why we have law suits across this country being waged against employers. If this station really wanted to remain ignorant and politically correct, they could have made a statement saying the views or the opinion of this reporter does not reflect the opinions and views of the News Organization.

We also supposedly have a "FREE PRESS." If reporters can not state the facts and need to be censored, the people of this country are losing a press they can believe in and who are supposed to stand on the side of the people and expose government corruption and report news based on facts! Unfortunately, our news organizations are already censored and many Americans don't believe what's always reported.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Of course it's infringing on her right to free speech!

No. It's. Not. QYBS.

When you become employed you sign away all kinds of things, for 'journalists' you absolutely do sign away your right to express your own opinion on social media for as long as you are employed in the media. It's in their contracts ffs. People really need to stop being so goddamn stupid about worshiping an economy style that gives employers all the power.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

What tripe.

There have been many rich, black criminals. OJ and Cosby and quite a few sports and music stars.

It wasn't crime that made Cosby rich.

His crime, if true, was abusing his fame to trap women into his bedroom. That didn't make him any money.

I don't know what OJ's crime is supposed to be, other than trying to take back his trophies from a bunch of sharks.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

For being a journalist, I gotta say, she could've used a bit more finesse with her statement.
She should know how sensitive people are these days.
The way she put it was kinda blunt and emotionless to me.
That being said, she exercised her free speech and suffered the consequences.

top topics

join