It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guard against being deceived

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
In my commentary on ATS I have occasionally used the phrase Don Quijote windmill giants to indicate a living straw man to fight (a straw man argument that people actually believe and teach as a real argument, rather than only used as a counter-argument and to facilitate dismissal, the way a straw man argument is usually used).

Young earth creationism is such a Don Quijote windmill giant for bible critics to fight (something to make the bible look silly, as if it's saying that the earth and the universe are approx. 6000 years old, which the bible isn't saying but what young earth creationists are trying to read into it, a process that primarily traces back to the SDA and the early 20th century, which is especially noticeable if you study and compare the details). I have always worried that my usage of the term was a bit too vague regarding what I was trying to allude to and which is described at 2 Timothy 3:5:

...having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

And elsewhere as "hypocrites", "not open to any agreement", "profitless talkers" and "deceivers of the mind" and many similar phrases.

Guard Against Being Deceived:

DON QUIXOTE is a well-known fictional character created by 16th-century Spanish author Miguel de Cervantes in his classic novel by that name. In that novel, Don Quixote fills his mind with legends and fables about brave knights in glittering armor coming to the rescue of damsels in distress. Soon he begins to believe that he too is a noble knight. In one famous episode, he attacks a group of windmills that he sees as a band of dangerous giants. Convinced in his own mind that he is serving God’s interests by killing those giants, he ends up totally humiliated.

Don Quixote, of course, is only make-believe, but being deceived is seldom a laughing matter. Think, for example, about the alcoholic who believes that he can drink all he wants, only to end up ruining his health and wrecking his family life. Or consider the unfortunate soul suffering from anorexia who thinks that she is well-nourished and healthy but actually is slowly starving herself to death.

Could any of us fall into the trap of being deceived? Sadly, the answer is yes. In truth, all of us are susceptible to such danger. And that includes the possibility of being deceived about our cherished religious beliefs—with potentially catastrophic consequences. Why is that so? How can you guard against being deceived?

The Dangers of Being Deceived

To deceive, says one dictionary, means “to cause to accept as true or valid what is false or invalid.” It also implies “imposing a false idea or belief that causes ignorance, bewilderment, or helplessness.” The basic idea of the word, along with such other words as “mislead” and “delude,” is to lead someone astray by underhanded means. Surely, a person who is not aware that he or she is being kept in a state of “ignorance, bewilderment, or helplessness” by deliberate misinformation is in serious danger.

The really sad fact is that very often the person who is deceived or deluded tends to hold on to his belief in spite of strong evidence proving otherwise. Perhaps he gets so emotionally attached to his belief that he simply shuts his eyes and closes his ears to any evidence that might challenge it.

Are We in Danger?

‘Is it not an exaggeration to say that all of us are in danger of being deceived with regard to our religious beliefs?’ you might ask. No, it is not. This is because Satan the Devil, whom Jesus called “the father of the lie,” is bent on deceiving and deluding all of us. (John 8:44) Satan is also described in the Bible as “the god of this system of things.” He has “blinded the minds” of millions of people throughout history. (2 Corinthians 4:4) Even now, he is “misleading the entire inhabited earth.”—Revelation 12:9.

Satan began deceiving mankind at the very start of human history. For example, he deceived Eve into believing that she was not subject to the laws of her Creator and that she could “be like God, knowing good and bad,” that is, deciding for herself what was good and what was bad. (Genesis 3:1-5) That was the first great deception, for even though humans were given the freedom to choose what they would do, they were not created with the ability to determine for themselves what is right and what is wrong. Only God himself, as Creator and Sovereign, has that right and authority. (Jeremiah 10:23; Revelation 4:11) What a delusion to believe that the right to choose between good and bad means the right to determine what is good and what is bad! Unfortunately, we imperfect humans easily fall into that trap.

Could It Happen to You?

Your cherished religious beliefs may have existed for centuries, perhaps having been passed down from generation to generation. That, however, does not necessarily mean that they are true. Why not? Well, the Bible record shows that soon after the death of Christ’s apostles, deceitful men arose in the Christian congregation and taught “twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.” (Acts 20:29, 30) They very skillfully misled people “with persuasive arguments” as well as “through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men.”—Colossians 2:4, 8.

Are things any different today? Not really, for the apostle Paul warned that things would get worse in “the last days,” the time in which we are now living. “Wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse,” he wrote, “misleading and being misled [or, “deluding others and deluding themselves,” Phillips].”—2 Timothy 3:1, 13.

It is therefore the course of wisdom to take seriously the warning given by the apostle Paul: “Consequently let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.” (1 Corinthians 10:12) Paul, of course, was speaking about one’s standing before God. In fact, to think that Satan could never deceive you is, in itself, a great delusion. Absolutely no one is immune to Satan’s “crafty acts.” (Ephesians 6:11, footnote) That is why the apostle expressed his fear regarding his fellow Christians that “somehow, as the serpent seduced Eve by its cunning, [their] minds might be corrupted away from the sincerity and the chastity that are due the Christ.”—2 Corinthians 11:3.

How Can You Guard Against Being Deceived?

So how can you guard against being deceived by Satan? How can you make sure that you “worship [God] with spirit and truth”? (John 4:24) Use what Jehovah God has given you. First of all, he has given you intellectual capacity so that you can distinguish truth from falsehood. (1 John 5:20) He has also made it possible for you to identify Satan’s designs. (2 Corinthians 2:11) In fact, he has given you everything you need to counteract Satan’s attempts to mislead you.—Proverbs 3:1-6; Ephesians 6:10-18.

Most important, God has provided you with an infallible means with which to protect yourself. What is that? The same one that the apostle Paul encouraged his companion Timothy to rely on when it came to matters of religious faith. After giving the warning about “wicked men and impostors,” the apostle Paul told Timothy to resist them by basing everything he believed on “the holy writings”—that is, on God’s holy Word, the Bible.—2 Timothy 3:15.

continued in next comment
edit on 26-6-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Of course, some may say that anyone who believes in God and accepts the Bible as His inspired Word is misguided. In reality, though, the misguided ones are those who stubbornly ignore all the evidence that proves the existence of a Creator and that the Bible is truly God’s inspired Word.—Romans 1:18-25; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Peter 1:19-21.

Rather than being deceived by what is “falsely called ‘knowledge,’” use God’s Word to establish the truth. (1 Timothy 6:20, 21) Be like the noble-minded men and women whom the apostle Paul preached to in Beroea. They “received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind.” Not only were they keenly believing what the apostle Paul taught them but they were also “carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so.”—Acts 17:11.

You have nothing to fear from examining your beliefs in this way. In fact, the Bible encourages you to “make sure of all things” before accepting them as true. (1 Thessalonians 5:21) Toward the end of the first century C.E., the apostle John urged his fellow Christians: “Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God.” (1 John 4:1) Yes, even though a certain religious teaching seems to be “inspired”—or to come from God—it is still the course of wisdom to examine the Scriptures to make sure before accepting it as true.—John 8:31, 32.

Act on What You Learn

There is, however, something more that is required. The disciple James wrote: “Become doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning.” (James 1:22) It is not enough to know what the Bible teaches. You have to put it into practice. How? By doing what God commands you to do and not doing the things that he prohibits.

Look at the moral breakdown all around us, for example. Does that not show you how successful Satan has been in deluding people into thinking that they can ignore God’s moral laws with impunity? Because of this, the apostle Paul gave Christians this frank warning: “Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap.”—Galatians 6:7.

Do not be like the “foolish man” whom Jesus described as “hearing” his sayings and not “doing them.” Like Cervantes’ Don Quixote, who was deceived by his own fanciful imagination, that man was deceived because he thought he could build a solid, secure house on a shaky, shifting foundation of sand. Instead, be like the man who “built his house upon the rock-mass.” Jesus called this man “discreet” because he hears Jesus’ sayings “and does them.”—Matthew 7:24-27.

Do You See Things as They Really Are?

In the 1930’s, Swedish artist Oscar Reutersvärd drew and made public a series of what came to be called impossible figures. A modern example is shown at left. At a quick glance, these drawings seem to make believable what clearly violates all rules of common sense. When examined carefully, however, they can be seen as clever tricks invented by the artist to confuse or deceive the eye and mind of the beholder.

Impossible figures are not the only things that appear different from what they really are. Some two thousand years ago, the Bible warned: “Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry you off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ.”—Colossians 2:8.

What adds weight to this warning is that the writer of those words himself had been a victim of deceit. Having been educated at the feet of one of the most renowned religious teachers of his time and having connections in high places, he was the type least likely to be deceived.—Acts 22:3.

This man—Saul of Tarsus—had been led to believe that anyone who did not share his religious traditions and customs was condemned. Empowered by the Jewish religious leaders, he considered it his God-given duty to prosecute any who refused to recant. He even supported the murder of one of his countrymen on the mistaken charge of blasphemy.—Acts 22:4, 5, 20.

In time, Saul was helped to see the distinction between what is right and what is wrong, what God approves and what He disapproves. Once Saul realized that he was wrong, this zealous man changed his ways and became known as Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ. No longer a victim of deception, Paul found the true way of worship.—Acts 22:6-16; Romans 1:1.

Like Paul, many sincere people were once deceived by teachings that might be likened to impossible figures—beliefs that seem plausible but are not based on God’s Word. (Proverbs 14:12; Romans 10:2, 3) Then they were helped to see the beliefs and the fruits of their religion for what they really are. (Matthew 7:15-20) As they gained accurate knowledge of the Bible, they made changes in their beliefs and lifestyle in order to have God’s approval.

Would you be willing to follow the example of the apostle Paul and examine your beliefs in the light of God’s Word, the Bible?

Or are you too busy going along with the Paul-bashing or discrediting that is so popular here on ATS and that seems to occupy a large number of threads in this subforum as well as the subforum called "Conspiracies in Religions"?
edit on 26-6-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
Thanks for taking the time to post that.

Any morning I wake up with a thread that reminds me to examine my priorities and re-focus on Jesus is a good one.

There is SO MUCH deception out there it is over whelming.

I like the analogy of the big pipe just letting everything 'flow' in, even the sewage.

I was just lured in by one yesterday about the bible changing.

Thank you again.

link   

Any morning I wake up with a thread that reminds me to examine my priorities and re-focus on Jesus is a good one.

I like the analogy of the big pipe just letting everything 'flow' in, even the sewage.

Thank you again.

link   

Thank you again.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Triple post and I cant even edit it....

ATS is screwy this am.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You shouldve been able to edit the 1st opening one....then the other two...within the time frame (119 minutes from the 1st I believe)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well, now I got 3 positive replies that I didn't expect (right away at least).

I was sort of waiting for the usual stuff about the source I used for that article being the deceivers and brainwashers and a cult or false prophets, the whole routine (someone might even try to link them to Freemasonry or the Illuminati).

For supposed brainwashers and deceivers they are remarkable honest and active in making people aware of how it all works though and how to recognize and guard against both deception as well as propaganda ( a specific form of deception using various specific techniques). How to train your brain rather than brainwash it, brain-training vs brainwashing (by "the system of things" and "spirit of the world", biblical quotations*) if you will.

* = some people here may be more familiar with the terms "the Matrix" or "the NWO"; which are inaccurate misleading descriptions of what's really going on in the world, that is...the way people on ATS often talk about those subjects as they heard it from the likes of David Icke, Alex Jones, Bill Cooper, Fritz Springmeier (not his real name), Alan Watts, etc. (those who often refer to themselves as truth seekers or collectively as "the truth movement") or those who repeat their philosophies and arguments or explanations of how the world works or what reality is like (and going around in circles often, not getting any closer to what the bible calls "an accurate knowledge of truth").

Revelation 17:8 (NWT):

The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction. And the inhabitants of the earth—those whose names have not been written in the scroll of life from the founding of the world—will be amazed when they see how the wild beast was, but is not, and yet will be present.

Without going into too much detail now, the wild beast spoken of above "was" from 1920 till approx. the early years of WW II (under the name "the League of Nations"), "is not" or in the "abyss" during WW II and now "present" and ascended "out of the abyss" as the UN (after WW II). This speech has more details.
edit on 27-6-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The deceived NEVER know they are deceived and are constantly talking about deceivers because of the holes in their ideology and people telling them about it.

Nobody wants to deceive me. It would not be possible if they did. It is not even about religions because they are all journeys in the search for the Creator and the answers to life's mysteries.

Judgement is a possibility and the paradox is this:

Are you a "good" person because you fear Hell and crave Heaven?

Or do you just want to do good things to make people happy and help them out when they need it because it is pleasurable to help people? With no thought of reward?

The reason should never be the rewards, other than the appropriate joy of reducing someone's suffering and bringing joy.

Good deeds should even be done anonymously when possible.

What 'God' would send that kind of person to a fiery eternal torment?

The Great Deception is the thought that good deeds are meaningless because we are hopeless sinners and only 'faith', a simple thought that helps nobody and is what the Epistle of James the Just One is condemning, is all that saves. Faith without works is dead/useless.

It is a rebuttal of the strange teachings of Saul of Tarsus and is played out in the Bible as a split in beliefs that led to the Jewish Nazarenes rejecting Paul for centuries and an emerging notice of this is occurring.

And the deception is behind the pointing finger of accusation towards the one speaking the truth. It's OK to expose deception but someone always come along with slander.
edit on 27-6-2016 by CabablancaHizb because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2016 by CabablancaHizb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CabablancaHizb
The deceived NEVER know they are deceived ...

Nobody wants to deceive me. It would not be possible if they did.

In fact, to think that Satan could never deceive you is, in itself, a great delusion.

To think even 1 step beyond that and convince yourself that nobody even wants to deceive you, well, incredibly naive (nobody at all?! Perhaps you didn't mean it that way). With that attitude a person could easily end up voting for Trump (if that person is a US registered voter that is, otherwise someone like him in their country).
edit on 28-6-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Satan is not real.

It is a representation of temptation mythologized by Catholicism.

Fearing an imaginary being exists to torment humanity is the biggest delusion in history.

You can give me the "Greatest trick Satan ever did was to convince the world he doesn't exist" all you want that idiom is a trick itself.

So what you said and quoted means nothing in reality.

Satan is as real as you make him. I don't let Satanic panic influence me.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: CabablancaHizb
The deceived NEVER know they are deceived ...

Nobody wants to deceive me. It would not be possible if they did.

In fact, to think that Satan could never deceive you is, in itself, a great delusion.

To think even 1 step beyond that and convince yourself that nobody even wants to deceive you, well, incredibly naive (nobody at all?! Perhaps you didn't mean it that way). With that attitude a person could easily end up voting for Trump (if that person is a US registered voter that is, otherwise someone like him in their country).

Name one person that personally knows me that wants to deceive me on the level of the OP.

I don't know people like that.

As far as people that want to deceive others but don't know me it is not something that will affect me.

So nobody personally wants to deceive me and I don't fear deceivers anyway. They are so easy to spot. Easier than the deceived even.

And I don't participate in pointless shams like elections. I have never and will never vote for one of two people who were chosen for us in advance. There are no decent people running for president.
edit on 28-6-2016 by CabablancaHizb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CabablancaHizb
Would you be interested in researching who your interpretation or belief regarding what Satan represents and his existence or non-existence has popularized in human society (other than the usual suspects, bible critics)?

Hint: Both Catholics and Protestants were and still are involved, especially your line " is a representation of temptation". Oh, and btw, that would be a deception, a religiously motivated one at that ( a religiously motivated philosophy/idea about Satan, a theology or theological doctrine). One you have apparently fallen for hook line and sink her since you're stating it as a fact (by your usage of the word "is"). But you were spot on when you said:

The deceived NEVER know they are deceived

Or sometimes even where it's coming from, especially if it comes to them indirectly through the media or society (word of mouth).
One can always hope that with a couple of nudges in the right direction they may one day come to that realization regarding a specific topic though and then they are no longer among the deceived regarding that particular topic.

edit on 28-6-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I've already researched the history of Satan from Set to today.

I am NOT interested in debating with you about the boogie man, sorry.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Before you continue on that path.... Be sure you speak Spanish. Or else.....

Don is a Spanish term for Lord.... that I assume you already know.
What you may not know... is Quijote... IS... a compound word/phrase in Spanish which translates as "quejo" = complain(s)... And "to" (not te) which means "all"

Generally it just implies "Lord of complaints"....
It is just for laughs. The Whole story is a delusion. It is used on English folk for a good laugh.

The character is delusional and is pretending he is a man... But really he is childlike in mannerisms. He means well. But he is a tyrant trapped in his own mind.

When a person who speaks Spanish gives you a or many complaint(s).... call him "Don Quejote!"

It's funny. And nothing more......

I like this topic.... But don't use him as a scapegoat.... for surely you may be a Lord of complaints yourself.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I read the your posts.... And wonder why you made mention of freemasosn in that tone.
Is there a deceived in those lodges who exist...???

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio
The reference to freemasonry in my commentary is alerting people to the fact that there are those who are spreading misinformation about the source I used for that article having links to freemasonry. It's used as slander, a standard propaganda technique to discredit the source rather than discuss the arguments and points in the article.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
A Book You Can Trust—Part 1: Awake!—2010

The Bible was written over a period of some 1,600 years. Its history and prophecy are linked to seven world powers: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, and Anglo-America. Each of these will be considered in a series of seven articles. The objective? To show that the Bible is trustworthy and inspired of God and that its message is one of hope for an end to the suffering caused by human misrule.

To Trust or Not to Trust: Awake!—2007

To Trust or Not to Trust

“Trust not to rotten planks,” wrote English dramatist William Shakespeare. Indeed, before stepping onto the wooden planks of a boat, you would want to be sure that the wood was not rotten.

THE words of Shakespeare echo the sentiments of wise King Solomon of ancient Israel, who some 3,000 years ago wrote: “A fool will believe anything; smart people watch their step.” (Proverbs 14:15, Today’s English Version) Yes, only a fool would go through life blindly accepting everything he hears, basing his decisions and actions on frivolous advice or baseless teachings. Misplacing our trust—like stepping onto rotten planks—can lead to disaster. You may wonder, ‘Is there any source of guidance that is worthy of our trust?’

Millions of people the world over place their full trust in an ancient book called the Holy Bible. They look to this book to direct their steps. They base their decisions on its advice and pattern their actions after its teachings. Are such individuals stepping, as it were, onto rotten planks? The answer to that question depends greatly on the answer to another question, Are there sound reasons to trust the Bible? This special issue of Awake! examines the evidence.

The purpose of this issue of Awake! is not to impose religious beliefs or views on you. Rather, it is intended simply to present the compelling evidence that has convinced millions that the Bible is worthy of their trust. After reading the articles that follow, you can decide for yourself whether the Bible merits your trust.

This subject deserves more than your passing interest. After all, if the Bible is, indeed, a trustworthy source of guidance from our Creator, then you owe it to yourself and your loved ones to consider what the Bible has to say.

First, though, let us mention some outstanding facts about the Bible. At the very least, it is truly a unique book.

A Unique Book

“The Bible is the most widely distributed book in history.”—The World Book Encyclopedia.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Keep believing the rubbish that imposter Paul -
jesuswordsonly.com...

Paul's Contradictions of Jesus Here is a list of the major contradictions by Paul of things Jesus taught. List of 25 Contradictions Expounded Below •
Jesus Says Not To Eat Meat Sacrificed to Idols, But Paul Says It Is Ok •
Jesus Says The Law Continues, But Paul Says No • Paul Says The Pharisees Followed The Law Rigorously, But Jesus Says They Were Lax About The Law • Jesus Says Salvation Initiates And Continues By Repentance From Sin and Obedience Besides Faith; Paul Says This is Heresy • Jesus Tells Apostles To Teach His Commands Given Prior to His Ascension While In The Flesh, But Paul Says Not To Do So • Paul Says Elders Are Entitled To Pay for 'Preaching & Teaching,' But Jesus Says No • Jesus Teaches There Are Only 12 Apostles Into Eternity, But Paul Adds Himself To The List As a Thirteenth • Paul Exhorts Celibacy, But Jesus Clearly Says It is A Choice Not Within Everyone's Power • Jesus Says There Is One Pastor and Teacher (Himself), But Paul Says There Are Many Pastors and Teachers • Paul Says God Is The God of the Dead, But Jesus Says God Is Not The God of the Dead • Paul Says God Does Not Live in Temples Made of Human Hands, But Jesus Says He Does • Jesus says Nations Of The World Are Under Satan, But Paul Says Their Rulers Are Agents of God • Jesus Teaches Rapture is Of Evil Ones First, But Paul Teaches The Opposite • Jesus Says A Call Is Revocable, But Paul Says It Is Irrevocable • Jesus Says Some Are Righteous, But Paul Says It Is Impossible • Paul Excludes Eating With Sinners But Christ's Example We Are To Follow, and the Lost Sheep Parable, Is Contrary • Paul Teaches We Are Eternally Secure, But Jesus Teaches Insecurity to a Sinning Believer • Paul Teaches In Original Sin But Jesus Contradicts • Jesus' Command About Calling Anyone Fool Is Violated by Paul • Paul Denies Obedience Grants Any Righteousness Unto Life, But Jesus Says It Does • Jesus Sends The Apostles to Baptize, But Paul Says Jesus Did Not Send Him to Baptize • Jesus Says the Merciful Receive Mercy, But Paul Says Only Those God Chooses Arbitrarily Will Receive Mercy • Paul Says Salvation Does Not Depend Upon Exertion, But Jesus Says It Does • Paul Says He Could Be Justified of The Sin that Never Could be Justified under the Law given Moses (Blasphemy), but Jesus says to the contrary that it is The Unpardonable Sin. • Paul Says Flesh will not inherit the Kingdom of God, but Jesus in Flesh ascended to heaven, and promises to resurrect our bodies to heaven, giving us the same physical resurrection that Jesus had.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

www.soulwinning.info...

WATCHTOWER magazine is the official publication of the Jehovah's Witness false cult. Tragically, you can go just about anywhere in this world and you'll find Jehovah's Witnesses passing our WATCHTOWER magazines. Millions of victims have been deceived by this false group. Sadly, as sincere as most of them may be, the Jehovah's Witnesses are a false religion, teaching lies and false doctrines against the Scriptures. The Jehovah's Witnesses preach a FALSE gospel, mandating water baptism, and requiring people to stop sinning in order to be saved. The group also requires membership into the Kingdom Hall for a person to get to heaven. These are false doctrines. The Word of God plainly teaches that we are saved by Christ's righteousness, and not our own self-righteousness, "Philippians 3:9, "And be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith." This is the true way of salvation, through Christ Jesus. The Jehovah's Witnesses deny several fundamental doctrine of the Word of God, including the deity of Jesus, the Godhead, the bodily resurrection of Christ and salvation without works by faith alone in Jesus Christ. They also teach the false doctrine of Baptismal Regeneration, i.e., that water baptism is mandatory for salvation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join