It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man goes into a hotel...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
...asks for a room.

The receptionist does her thing and before you know it the man is checked in. He's given his room number and a key, the porter kindly offers to assist him to the room and offers to help the man with his baggage.

So the porter takes the man to his room and gets him settled. About an hour later the phone at the reception desk rings, the receptionist answers and it's the man she checked in about an hour earlier.

The man moans that his room is really awful and makes a number of valid complaints that the reception knows to be genuine and they're quite common. So the receptionist offers him his choice of any room in the house. she tells him to pick a number between 1 and 500.

The man, unable to hide his joy at this offer of a free upgrade to any room he wants thinks for a minute. If he's lucky he could end up in the top room in the house, 5-star, all mod cons. Or if he's unlucky he might end up in a room worse than the one he's currently in.

It's a gamble...so the man, after having mulled it over, kindly thanks the receptionist and opts to stay in the room that he is in.

This isn't a joke, it's an analogy.

The people who voted to remain in Europe wanted to keep the room they were in.

The people who voted to leave decided to take the gamble.

Speculation is all well and good but the reality is we just don't know how this will pan out. nobody can predict a thing.

All that matters is that the people have spoken. Already there are petitions and demands for another referendum, like the Scottish independence referendum. This is like the petulant child in class demanding a recount of the votes because the fact that they lost is so unbearable.

More people want to try a new room - what is important is to think about is the room, not the process of chosing another one at random.

Do I like the room we're in right now? No.

Do I think a lot of changes must be made? Too right I do. Don't most of us?

Your room ain't going to change if you choose to stay in it, is it?

This is more than just a nation deciding to turn its back on a failed EU. This is a message, people want change. And if they want it bad enough, they can get it. But they need to have the unmentionables to go for it.

I see other countries thrive outwith the EU. Why the constant pessimism? Why the lack of faith in each other?

The people who want to remain must like this room. They must not want change, how can you change your position by not moving?

Do people even realise that the mood of the nation, the negative intent of a nation probably has some negative effect on us as a nation? We'll talk ourselves into a depression at this rate. You can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs...I've messed up a few omlette's in my time but I've made some awsome ones, also.

Everyone always wants to focus on the negative, what will or might happen. I'm guilty of it too, I reckon we all are.

I'm sick of seeing homeless people on the street. I'm sick of people ignoring the standards of education diminishing. I'm sick of greedy, mostly white British benefits scroungers on television showing the rest of the UK how it's done. I'm sick of kids running amok on public transport while ignorant parents are hypnotised by their phones.

The lazy, inept, selfish greedy culture that is prevailing...that most people don't seem to care about.

Sick of crap social housing and dirty estates and schemes, sick a failing healthcare system that not too many people seem to care about or want to try and fix. It's not the politicians who are to blame it's us for putting up with it.

For fighting among ourselves about who we should elect not to fix the things we're pissed off about.

I hope this is the first fall in the proverbial domino effect. I hope the EU crumbles into an unjustifiable handful of nations and disintegrates into dust. I hope this happens before the silly Scots have another referendum.
edit on 25-6-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I just wanted to add an afterthought.

I don't really see the problem here, as it stands people are free to go and live in Europe.

People used to do this, they're called ex-pats. They were on the news, recently. Some for and some against. The point is, nobody is stopping people from going to Europe or ever has. Nor has anyone tried to stop Europeans coming here. I know lot's of people from all over the world, including, but not exclusive to Europe.

So what's the problem? The people who want to be part of Europe go and be! Europe is large enough, prosperous enough is it not? Tolerant enough to have and accept us, we've been going there for centuries!

And the people in Europe who want to come here...they can replace you.

We can't do it the other way 'round because Britain simply isn't latge enough. You go there...they come here - and we can share this island with like minded people. and be all xenophobic together and such.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

I like your analogy....freedom always comes with a risk and at this time in history is important that we strive for it, regardless of our apprehension.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Thanks.

I hope that when the dust settles and sober heads prevail we can show everyone how it's done. People need to be more proud of them and their nation, not just their own individual country.

We need to stand up to our own corrupt government and enforce reform, we're their employers not the other way around.

I mean, try going into work and telling your boss what you will be paid, then not doing what he employed you to do, just doing whatever you want in spite of him

I mean, what the hell?

What are they actually trying to do here? They should be concentrating on the essentials and not much else...our economy, trading, banking, education, national security - the stuff people care about.

Instead we have city centres with people at every turn, begging for spare change. We have ignorant junkies, muggers and pickpockets. Dumb kids who are raised by computer games and television.

We have a public transport system that is nothing short of an embarassment compared to other EU member states.

It's out money they tax and we get scraps for it. With the technology we have, the stuff we are capable of we should be living in much better standards than we are right now.

Reforming our own government is what we need, for all of the UK. The Scots, Welsh and Irish resent the English because they see that power is centralised there and they feel that the english people are at some advantage, and that is probably true to an extent...but truth is that will be the case no matter what as long as we're a union.

If power were centralised in Wales and represented more by Welsh people then that's only natural. Why are we 4 separate countris at all? Single states of the US dwarf this tiny island.

We're so docile they don't need to conquer us at all, people are so happy to offer themselves up they cry and fight over it when all's said and done.

I should have put this int he rant section.

I apologise, just fed up with it all and sick of the petulant kids who can't acept it...it's all linked. this mentality that if you lose - throw a fit 'til you get your way.

I see a lot of kids getting what they want nowadays...and we keep pandering to it all the time. But something will give, there always comes a time when the kids need to learn that one single lesson that forces them to grow u[p and meet the real world.

Much obliged
edit on 25-6-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Did Britain get to keep the Pound while everyone else switched to the Euro Dollar?

My, isn't that special...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hey, get back behind the curtain...

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'd say you should add in something else...

Like, the guy can look through peep holes to help in his choice, so he gets to do his best in affecting the outcome, but can't see the entire room...

But interesting take.

edit on 6/26/2016 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/26/2016 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

top topics

join