It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Question: Positive ?, Negative? or Neutral ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I get such a scant chance to interact with this (mine, our,) community, especially at this time, c'est la vie.

Anyway, and I have to say I've had a couple (few, some), so I've got a simple question; do you predominantly respond positively, negatively or neutrally to respondents who post ambiguously, or otherwise, to threads or posts.

This Is The Building Block

So far from what I read, heaps are negative/aggressive which is really boring and pretty bloody sad.

Personally I'm positive/neutral, neutral/positive, or keep I'll my @#$%^&* mouth shut..

Anyway, there you have it, I'm really curious to know how what you think.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

c'est la vie.

et c'est la mal

Depends on the subject. If it is a subject I am well versed in , then it could be any of the 3 . Positive , negative , or just shut up and go on.

edit on 6/25/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

j'dinny parle le frog. Presumueble "mal" est le tits up ?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Oui , that would be mal. And that should read Tango Uniform - That would be USAF

edit on 6/25/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well I'm not much of a buttkisser, so if I agree with someone I usually do it with a star instead of a written response.

Posts I strongly disagree with compel me to write because I can't just give that post a turd.

Its a clever setup if you think about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

1. I TRY HARD to be persistently and chronically neutral to positive.

1.1 OFTEN ENOUGH, WHEN the other perspective spews such hideously inaccurate, hostile, obnoxious and largely untrue idiocies, I can feel compelled to provide an alternate perspective.

2. WHEN the rabidly hostile, chronically contrarian, assaultively insulting blather starts--as seems to be the compulsive norm,

2.1 THEN it is hard to restrain my compulsion to try the Reader's Digest "Perfect Squelch" response. I'm doing better at merely ignoring the jerks. But I still need to persist toward making it closer to 100% of the time.

3. The rabidly & chronically contrarian and hostile ATTACHMENT DISORDERED jerks who will not restrain their fiercely prickly blather have degraded and trashed many decent threads and topics. It's all they seem to know how to do. They've likely been doing it since 2 years old in all their relationships.

3.1 They'll continue to do it through a string of strained and/or failed marriages, work relationships and friendships. And, they'll tend to blame the other people. Most will likely die angry, angst-ridden, bitter old farts and b*tches blaming others to the end. Then they will feel meticulously in excruciating detail how each and every person felt in each and every moment of interaction with them. It will not be a fun life-review.

edit on 25/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

It's not about kissing anything.

It's about ambiguity.

The question I am asking is do you write with a natural positive or negative or neutral response to an ambiguously written question or statement. Do you automatically (subconsciously/consciously) take a defensive/negative/attack approach to questions or statements that are clearly ambiguous even though they could actually be written with the best of intention, contrary to your response.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ummm, I don't know.

I generally don't try to be combative although I may be sardonic.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Mate,

I am well aware that you're more active here than I. I have seen some of the @#$% you have to put up with and it really is a bit out there from time to time.

Fundamentally the point I'm making is, if I write something in direct response to a post or thread of yours that you take as being offensive, then you've taken it wrong.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I don't think ambiguity is the issue for me.

1. Is facts and the integrity of facts and reality

2. Is civility vs hostile contrarian, personally assaultive insults.

3. If something is ambiguous, I ask for clarification.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

When was the last time I did that!??! LOL.

I doubt I've ever done that with you.

Thanks thanks. Glad someone has paid attention to the unwarranted stinking piles I put up with. LOL.

One astute large website founder/owner observed privately to his best moderator that I was a "lightening rod for hate."

edit on 25/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

3. If something is ambiguous, I ask for clarification.

And that is in part the point.

I read so many posts (responses) that are extraordinarily defensive or aggressive, for reasons FIIK, by posters that have grabbed the completely wrong end of the stick. But their default position as an approach is nevertheless always defensive aggressive.

I'm currently on half a dozen beers and half a bottle of wine, giddyup.

Oh yeah, BO,

I doubt I've ever done that with you

No, you haven't. We just come from polar opposites, but that's cool.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

However you respond try not to overreact. Omit over the top stuff, focus on content.

(note to self)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

THANKS TONS.

HOWEVER . . . Dear Heart . . . that much alcohol is destroying a LOT of good you could have in your life otherwise.

PLEASE knock it off.

It IS conceivable . . . and a wise and healthy thing to do.

Brain dead is no way to live . . . though you are likely smart enough to compensate so well that you delude yourself that you manage quite well.

You COULD manage even a lot better . . .

OK,

I'll end the PSA . . . Public Service Announcement from a former alcoholism counselor.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

(note to self)

That's a peach my friend, absolute peach, the number of time's I've done that.....

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Are you seriously suggesting;

GROGXIT

Can we wait till the BREXIT thing is finished?

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Being a retired carpenter.....I guess it's assumed when I was building something , I was doing my best to do it right, so I was looking for mistakes or flaws. This viewpoint probably would align me with being negative ??

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Negative.

That's professionalism.

The negativity that I'm getting at is criticism/commentary that is negative because people (some) have a natural disposition (default position) to be negative/aggressive.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It depends on the thought process im wanting to investigate. sometimes i post geniune responses from the core of who I am. And sometimes i play devils advocate to explore ideas and thought processes.

So in the course of my posting, ill be any of the 3. Although I do try to not be a jerk.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Fair point and thanks for the honesty.

So on occasion that "contrary" posit that you reply with is actually more of a personal intellectual examination than it is a genuine response to a statement or question.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join