It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am in for a treat this weekend

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Most places do, it seems to be loudest from a few areas, but they're making enough noise about it to drown out the places that love them.

That was probably flown by the #6 aircraft, which is why it was left out.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Cmdr Frank Weisser returned to the Blue Angels in the opposing solo position. The full team will complete the season and fly as a six ship formation again.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The Blue Angels are scheduled for Saturday and Sunday this weekend at the 4 PM spot. Been on TV and the local news over the weekend. Now have to see what camera takes better photos (about five years old but will check against phone cams). I will probably go check the practice run on Friday.

'YAH'!!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

They had #6 with them last weekend, but I'm not sure if he flew with them or just traveled with them.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I'll find out soon! They usually get Wed, Thu, Fri, to practice so they will be zipping around any day now! We usually get a noon fly over on their first day (mayor, news, blah, blah) then around 1 PM the next few days with Friday being a show run through. (At least all the other shows are structured that way). I like wandering between the buildings as they fly over. Kind of scary to hear one then see it pop out behind a hotel then fly directly overhead with that rumble in your chest!

I wonder if my "real" camera has a memory card? I wonder if they still make them or only do the 'micro' cards? That is why I will do an equipment check I guess.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm in for a treat this weekend, too!

www.eaa.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I was in for a treat last week.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
I was in for a treat last week.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice! I haven't been to Nellis since Red Flag in 2000, as an F-15c crew chief with the 94th.

It was quite the stay in Vegas. I'll never forget it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

You're both right! That was awesome!

(I pedict a RAIT or here... or new?... do not want to derail a thread)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Checked camera on Thursday and batteries leaked fusing battery door shut!

Will watch today and may buy new camera on Sunday.

Practice was fun!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

It looked like they were back to a six ship.

That sucks about the camera.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Taken with crappy cell phone as one fighter pulled up directly over head (I think they are in the proper order!).

Co-workers have iPhones and their photos are much better! One went on base and have really nice close ups of them prior to wheels up. This was taken on the top of a hill next to a brewery. Managed to not get my fingers in the shot too!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

First one is the brewery (49th State Brewery from originally from Healy, AK). There was no room on the roof! That is just a grand view anyway and is very popular. They just finished a loop roll in formation (they had the smoke on).

Second one, flying formation and climbing out of the port of Anchorage. They circled around the brewery and did the 4 in diamond formation as the fifth one flew out of the sun perpendicular to the other's path. They did that one out on base too but came screaming out of the forest area directly overhead of the crowd (so I was told). I have some fuzzy photos of them flying down Fifth Avenue which I may post later. These are probably the best of the bunch. All were taken Sunday, July 31.
edit on 1-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

edit on 1-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: son of grammar nazi

edit on 1-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: return of the son of grammar nazi

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Found one sans fingers! Here they are flying over downtown. The first photo of the climb was from the same spot! So it was not too bad a spot to whirl around and catch shots. The Thunderbirds go over the city proper and do a Star Wars Canyon like run between the hotel and old Arco building before diving into the port area. That area is also the west end of the base (JBER) where they were landing.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You saw mine from Creech. That was with a 300mm lens. These are just as good. Thanks for posting them.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

After snapping a few photos I sat back and watched. They either flew longer on Sunday or had an earlier start time on Saturday. Seem to have missed the four flying directly overhead straight down the street! Bummer. I did get a good shot of my feet for some reason. I will see if can get a copy from my coworker.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I'm looking forward to settling down eventually and getting to see them fly again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join