It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It time for London to leave the UK ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Yeah because while we're in the EU we are denied New Zealand Lamb right ??

Waitrose New Zealand Lamb Leg Steak

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
London is like DC. The world revolves around them and they can't understand that the rest of the country thinks ill of their superiority complex. That's if they even realize there are people who live outside their respective beltways. Those people are supposed to deliver food, not vote, fer Chrissakes. They're just pissed that their 60/40 split wasn't reflected in the rest of the country.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You know what , It has doomed to be failed from the beginning. It started with one European valuta.
I remember the first time I got those in my hands and had to spend my last old money .

people had to adjust to that currency and many recalculated for years and talked about our former money for years . Especially after one year when they promised to not cross the line of buying goods and paying salaries as equal as before.

It was a lie , and it never stopped . So after a few hours and looking at it now , I think sooner or later some country within the EU would leave .

Now you British were always fighters and leaders for ages. And independence fits your nation as a saddle fits a knight on a horse.

You never liked the Euro coin and firmly hold on to the pond Stirling . From my point of view now it isn't that weird Great Britain , wants to be Great again .

Somehow we and most other little countries will probably follow other big countries in the EU ,like if it's in battle or economy or wars.
I guess it would not take long before our country will probably follow your path

But , separating London from the UK , would really scare me if that would happen. I then really starting to think that something real bad or omen was heading to Europe ...

edit on 0b31America/ChicagoFri, 24 Jun 2016 13:20:31 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 24 Jun 2016 13:20:31 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Gordon Brown was a pretty useless Prime Minister but this country owes him a debt of gratitude for stopping Blair from taking us into the Euro , if we had of gone in it would have made it even harder for us to leave.

I do believe that although the leaders of the EU want to avoid contagion our vote will be the trigger for others , we've started the clock for the end of the European project.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think it's time for Wiltshire to declare independence. Only by doing this could we build a wall to keep annoying Londoners out.

In all seriousness, London is part of England. There's the potential for everyone to get silly when they don't get what they want.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

we've started the clock for the end of the European project.

Well, maybe not . Maybe you've just have done the right thing and showed that swallowing everything from Brussels is turning countries against one united feeling.

They now know that every country within the EU has its own identity and characteristics that come with a history too.
No my friend , somehow you did just the right thing and they now are scared as hell that maybe countries with big mouths are now become very little again as before . Remember that your country has made a huge progress in Europe for ages.

And they have forgotten that because those countries were built significantly bigger on your behalf, and now they suddenly starting to realise that it could be over for them within the next decade. It's a wake-up call and calls for EU 2.0
edit on 0b06America/ChicagoFri, 24 Jun 2016 13:46:06 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 24 Jun 2016 13:46:06 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Anybody who wants to be ruled by unelected Brussels bureaucrats should simply move to Brussels.

You could even try claiming refugee status, get a nice flat in Molanbeek and live on welfare for the rest of your life until you are blown up or beheaded by your lovely neighbors.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Of course you can still buy it.. But your comment shows, you dont know what your talking about. .

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
leader of Southwark Council ,Peter John, has raised the “legitimate question” of London's independence from the UK.

He said: “Across London, our residents voted overwhelmingly to support Britain’s membership of the European Union. I believe it is legitimate to ask the question about whether London should also have the opportunity to determine its own future independent from the rest of the UK, just like people in Scotland did last year.

“London would be the 15th largest EU state, bigger than Austria, Denmark and Ireland and our values are in line with Europe – outward looking, confident of our place in the world, enriched by our diversity and stronger working together with our friends and neighbours than we are alone.
www.southwarknews.co.uk...

Democratic process ? , what's the point if those on the loosing side just throw their toys out the pram and storm off .... pathetic.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Hazardous1408

And what about the majority of young people who voted to remain who now have their futures dictated to them by misguided old folk who don't care what mess they are leaving to future generations ?

It's not about butthurt, this is what happens when a vote is so close to call and is pretty much a 50/50 split (Out only won by 3%)

Oh yeah they have had their lives totally ruined by the older people removing them from unelected EU dictatorship.

Most these young people when asked why they want to remain in a dictatorship will spout words such as "inclusive" "forward looking" "free movement"....they haven't got a damn clue what their poor mouths are spouting on about.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If London goes out it will be something like the Vatican right? But then with a different Pope/Major?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

17 pounds a kilo? We pay 6 at the moment, around a year ago we were paying 4. Our Aussie lamb is as good as NZs too. Between you and me I wouldn't touch NZ lamb, we have certain doubts about them people over there.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
So all the millions of lifelong Londoners like myself who voted out should now be reinstated with Europe???

Well you are in a minority. Get over it. Let the Londoners will decide as is worthy of a democracy.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: butcherguy
Would you take Hillary as the President of London?

Maybe we can put London and Washington DC on a little Island somewhere and they can rule over THEMSELVES.

Win win.

Plenty of space on the Falklands.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Discotech

I'm a HGV driver , I know we have plenty of industry left as I spend much of my time traveling between industrial estates up and down the country.
We have a reputation for manufacturing excellence that won't change in or out , British goods will still be in demand.

We have a reputation for innovation excellence, but our designs based on those innovations and the following manufacturing aren't quite world class.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Aug 1st 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Democratic process ? , what's the point if those on the loosing side just throw their toys out the pram and storm off .... pathetic.

We are loosening our ties to the leavers.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
They can surgically remove it and send it hurtling to the moon for me.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Well it seems, repeat seems like too much money goes to London compared to the rest of the UK. Everyone else seems to become second class as you go further up the country. I'm not surprised the Scots are angry.

Seems like every house in the capital is worth millions of pounds and we get pretty angry when we get our housing benefits cut and there's families living there paying £1500 a month.

I know there's the London weighting and all that but it seems insane when people are on twice the wage for an equivalent job.
You could start to believe that the government already thinks that London is apart from the UK.

Personally it doesn't really bother me if it becomes a separate entity.
We could put a fence around it and charge the city folk a fee for enjoying a country view in the fresh air.
Last time I went to London I found a couple of good record shops but otherwise it seemed like a filthy, hostile, concrete dump.
Sorry.

Scotland receives almost as much as London in public spending.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join