It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron 'to resign' as UK shocks the world by voting for Brexit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Wow a real vote, not rigged like some (cough cough) countries. A vote by the people, for the people.

Good stuff Great Britain.

edit on 24-6-2016 by Now2016 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Now2016

I Agree!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
We were laughing at the Yay shout at Cammey have you heard the crowd at Boris's house.

Are we going to see the nation divide as we are seeing London wanting to stay but most of the rest of England wants out?.
edit on 24-6-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
After weeks of being bombarded with propaganda, fearmongering and scare stories on both Leave and Remain sides, we 'gullible' people didn't listen to any of it and voted for whatever it is we believe in. Let it be a message now to political campaigners, give us proper information and we'll listen to you, no more trying to scare us into voting your way cos we won't listen and we'll vote with no information if we have to. We just did.

Our MP's and government had better buck their ideas up and start doing the best job they can do for everybody and not just themselves, because theirs will be the next arses with our boot-prints on them.

The people are waking up.

For the first time in years I feel proud to be British.
edit on 24-6-2016 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
We were laughing at the Yay shout at Cammey have you heard the crowd at Boris's house.

Are we going to see the nation divide as we are seeing London wanting to stay but most of the rest of England wants out?.

London wanted to stay? What a surprise considering their demographics.

Maybe London will cry about wanting to be independent from the U.K?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Hope most of you have that attitude, because that's the only way it's gonna work out.

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin... "It's yours if you can keep it." He was referring to having a Constitution, and a Republic, when asked after the Constitutional Convention.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I think it was inevitable really our politicians forget about much of the UK and the north south divide is real.
The people have revolted and If London doesn't accept the democratic decision well I'm sure the rest of us would sort them out.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I'm watching CNN and they are talking about a FREXIT - France Exit and a GREXIT - Greek Exit. Love it.

Be yourselves Europe, Take Back Your Countries. Mass Immigration is a EU Parasite - (Cheap Labour and Divided Populations) Wanker Banksters want to Destroy your Sovereignty and Self Identity. Fight the Power.

edit on 24-6-2016 by Now2016 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Now2016
I'm watching CNN and they are talking about a FREXIT - France Exit and a GREXIT - Greek Exit. Love it.

Be yourselves Europe, Take Back Your Countries. Mass Immigration is a EU Parasite - (Cheap Labour and Divided Populations) Wanker Banksters want to Destroy your Sovereignty and Self Identity. Fight the Power.

Yes, a few EU countries had their eyes and ears in our direction hoping we'd push the ball and set it rolling. And we just did.

The EU project is doomed. Finito.

Exciting times.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Well done, UK! It's an inspiration to see a stand made against globalism, while asserting the right to sovereign borders and independence. Truly, such a potent display of democracy in action! My family there are excited and cautiously optimistic about the future- but no matter how it plays out, they, not Brussels, have determined that future. Bravo!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Poor Dave , couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

With four years of this Parliament left there should be a new election , Johnson should not be crowned king without the say of the people.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Amen to all of that.

It means a great deal to me that from today, this will be a nation run exclusively by its people, in the interest and with instruction from, it's people. I am ecstatic at the result. Times ahead will be tough, although not tougher than they ever were by any stretch of the imagination.

But tough they will be. That being said, times have BEEN tough for years! Anyone running a small business these days, is more than aware that the trade has been slack and that people have not the freedom of liquidity, nor confidence in the banks, or the government to spend what little they earn.

Times may be tough, but we are not afraid of hard work. Speaking as someone who has put more than ten years of effort in, and received little to no reward what so ever, I feel qualified in saying that if I am to work my rear end off, get bugger all out of it, and still have to pay taxes at the end of it, I am much happier knowing that I am no longer working for some Brussels paper shufflers benefit, but the benefit of my own countrymen and women, their children, that the taxes I pay will largely speaking be used by our government, and that I can take that government to task directly, rather than having an MEP weakly state my case before an uncaring and totally unaccountable body of people, who know nothing of my life, and nothing about what it is to live in my country.

I do not mind hardship, as long as it is for the right reasons, and living in a nation free from external rule, a country which is administrated by only its own courts, its own laws, it's own founding principles, is well worth the risk we are taking.

Even if we die on our feet, we will never be driven to our knees.

RULE BRITANNIA!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Absolutely.

All I've been hearing since the result is 'CARNAGE!', I say bring on the worst, we'll deal with it because we have to.

We've shovelled our way down Sh!t Street before, I've got my shovel ready and can't wait to start.

I'm feeling that British citizens are charged with a new energy today, refreshed, and empowered, and motivated. The black stormy cloud of oppression has a ray of sun shining through.

Now, where did I put that shovel?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
All I wanna know is...how will this effect Uk amp prices?!!? Been eyeing a Laney IRT

In all seriousness congrats!! This should re-instill great pride!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The thing that has always bothered me is, was the UK destined to never join the EU fully in the first place, because for some reason the Bank of England held onto its sovereign currency, yet Germany replaced its Deutsche marks for Euros.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Aston Martin to create 4000 jobs and open 200 million pound factory in Wales thanks to #Brexit.

Who said it was all going to be bad news?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

To our cousins for wanting to rule their own country, not have it done for them.

off topic - Tech, a guy here in town has one, a manual....and he's never drove a stick. It would break your heart to hear him change gears.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

The reasoning behind that choice is largely to do with the fact that unlike francs, marks, and many of the other European currencies, the pound has been one of the most consistently strong currencies in the history of money. We are and have been for a great many years, a hub of financial industry, banking, investment and so on.

The historically overwhelmingly strong nature of the pound, is what saw it kept when other currencies were absorbed and replaced by the Euro.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Jeremy Corbyn might be on his way as well as a no confidence vote has been requested by at least 2 MP's..

I heard labours Gisela Stuart speaking this morning and I think she would be a Great new leader..

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 24 6 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Changed video..

twitter.com...
edit on 24 6 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added more

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i made a killing beting on the uk to leave but seriousley wow one the most important votes in last 50 years pity about scotland think they will now have a vote on leaving the uk for indipendance and a plus side is no more eastern european immigrants taking our jobs half my town is russian now borris j for pm? bring it on a election by next may i think happen now

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join