It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't understand Trump haters.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

The majority? Oh, not quite the majority.
To the next President, President Trump.

link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1
No one has given me any logical arguments so far.

link   
Well first off he stinks to high heavens. Anyone can talk about important issues, not everyone can or will fix them so what he says doesn't matter one bit. He's a politician at this point, politicians tell you everything you want to hear but seldom do what they say.

He is said to be an "outsider" yet he gets the most coverage out of any of the candidates that are/were running. He has been in the spotlight for decades now, having countless interviews with establishment media, throwing parties with powerful people and even having his own reality show. That doesn't happen if you're an "outsider".

He has admitted to contributing to the corruption within politics by paying bribes to politicians, but since he admits it it's ok? That doesn't make a lick of damn sense.

He has talked about tanking the economy and making a "deal" out of it, but in the eyes of his supporters that's ok for some reason, even good.

And lastly, and the most unforgivable in my opinion, he has really bad hair.

Seriously though, Trump is a wolf in sheep's clothing. The media has been paving the way for him for the last couple of years now by saying "PC is ruining our country!" and "the media lies (except for ours of course)" and "the establishment is corrupt!".

Lo and behold Trump comes along and the media starts blasting him as non-PC (rude), an outsider, etc. It's a game of reverse psychology this election cycle and Trump is their trump card. Why do they blast him? Because they know the people are tired of the establishment, they've been selling that mindset into our heads for the past couple of years, and for good reason, they wanted to make Trump look good in the eyes of people who are angry at the status quo. It's all by design, and of course we've got Hillary, an obvious insider and all around corrupt bitch to seal the vote for those who are on the fence.

People are falling for it just as they have fallen for it for a while now. If Trump becomes president, don't expect anything to change. Even IF (and this is a HUGE if) he truly is an outsider, the establishment will fight him the whole way just as Republicans have fought Obama the whole way, except this time it will be both sides fighting him because no one (supposedly) likes him.

In short, we're screwed no matter what.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

What's to understand?

There's a whole lot of people with vested interests in maintaining this machine. Stock-holders, civil service types. Companies, large and small, fully dependent of sucking the gov't teat.

Then there's the freebie crowd would prefer envy and hate over hard work. Add in the multitude of indoctrinated millennials that have brain cell that haven't realized they're supposed to connect to each other yet...

The list goes on.....

Totally agree. So many vested interests trying to make sure the Trump train does not reach the White House.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Well first off he stinks to high heavens. Anyone can talk about important issues, not everyone can or will fix them so what he says doesn't matter one bit. He's a politician at this point, politicians tell you everything you want to hear but seldom do what they say.

He is said to be an "outsider" yet he gets the most coverage out of any of the candidates that are/were running. He has been in the spotlight for decades now, having countless interviews with establishment media, throwing parties with powerful people and even having his own reality show. That doesn't happen if you're an "outsider".

He has admitted to contributing to the corruption within politics by paying bribes to politicians, but since he admits it it's ok? That doesn't make a lick of damn sense.

He has talked about tanking the economy and making a "deal" out of it, but in the eyes of his supporters that's ok for some reason, even good.

And lastly, and the most unforgivable in my opinion, he has really bad hair.

Seriously though, Trump is a wolf in sheep's clothing. The media has been paving the way for him for the last couple of years now by saying "PC is ruining our country!" and "the media lies (except for ours of course)" and "the establishment is corrupt!".

Lo and behold Trump comes along and the media starts blasting him as non-PC (rude), an outsider, etc. It's a game of reverse psychology this election cycle and Trump is their trump card. Why do they blast him? Because they know the people are tired of the establishment, they've been selling that mindset into our heads for the past couple of years, and for good reason, they wanted to make Trump look good in the eyes of people who are angry at the status quo. It's all by design, and of course we've got Hillary, an obvious insider and all around corrupt bitch to seal the vote for those who are on the fence.

People are falling for it just as they have fallen for it for a while now. If Trump becomes president, don't expect anything to change. Even IF (and this is a HUGE if) he truly is an outsider, the establishment will fight him the whole way just as Republicans have fought Obama the whole way, except this time it will be both sides fighting him because no one (supposedly) likes him.

In short, we're screwed no matter what.
I have two questions:
1."He has talked about tanking the economy and making a "deal" out of it, but in the eyes of his supporters that's ok for some reason, even good." Can you prove this statement?
2. How do you know that the media likes him? I can see with my own eyes that the main stream media does NOT like Trump.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

"I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal, and if the economy was good, it was good, so, therefore, you can't lose."

Source

So yeah, he would borrow borrow borrow until the economy crash and then "make a deal". He's ok with that apparently.

And as far as the media liking him, it's a gut feeling. Trump is as establishment as it comes so I find it odd that the establishment media would honestly hate him as much as they want us to think.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

edit on 23-6-2016 by CliffoCambridge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Im ok with him(?)...but how old are you?

If you watched him through his 20's, 30's 50's...all his bankruptcies, marriages etc..etc...it would be easy to understand.

But if just exposed to the man with just knowledge of a bit of his history, t.v. show, current "opinions" etc....then you didnt watch him manipulate all these years and handle things as some of the public has over 40 years.

Then you'd prob understand. Dunno...maybe you did. A far different story if youve only watched him for 10 years or so.

You know what they say in cards when you "trump" someone?*

*"Trump" - c/o Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A trump is a playing card which is elevated above its normal rank in trick-taking games.

en.wikipedia.org...(card_games)
edit on 23-6-2016 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That definition has nothing to do with his name. His name is a family name, not due to the word.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal, and if the economy was good, it was good, so, therefore, you can't lose."

Source

So yeah, he would borrow borrow borrow until the economy crash and then "make a deal". He's ok with that apparently.

And as far as the media liking him, it's a gut feeling. Trump is as establishment as it comes so I find it odd that the establishment media would honestly hate him as much as they want us to think.
Thanks for the link, it is very interesting. I have never seen this notion from Trump before. Before I have a solid opinion I'll have to investigate it further, but keep in mind not even the article is saying what he is proposing is a bad policy.
From your link-"It is unclear whether such a strategy would meaningfully improve the government's financial position" The writer is not saying this is bad for the country, they are just saying the implications are unclear at this point.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Im ok with him(?)...but how old are you?

If you watched him through his 20's, 30's 50's...all his bankruptcies, marriages etc..etc...it would be easy to understand.

But if just exposed to the man with just knowledge of a bit of his history, t.v. show, current "opinions" etc....then you didnt watch him manipulate all these years and handle things as some of the public has over 40 years.

Then you'd prob understand. Dunno...maybe you did. A far different story if youve only watched him for 10 years or so.

You know what they say in cards when you "trump" someone?*

*"Trump" - c/o Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A trump is a playing card which is elevated above its normal rank in trick-taking games.

en.wikipedia.org...(card_games)
I didn't see an argument in here. Can you give a logical argument as to why you will not be voting for Trump?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1

Because in our world, ‘the common sense world ‘this is really not a logical question to even ask but no body is perfect, keep your head up buddy!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

originally posted by: Aristotelian1

Because in our world, ‘the common sense world ‘this is really not a logical question to even ask but no body is perfect, keep your head up buddy!
Just out of curiosity, what were your intentions when you posted this?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I dislike Donald Rumsfeld but agree with his assessment in that it is better to go with a unknown unknown than a known known in Hillary because with her we know exactly what we will get; more abuse of power, lying, cheating. Same same stuff going on right now with Obama but it will be worse. At least with Trump there is a chance we may get something better even if slim. No chance with her I know that much.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Duh! Of course. I knew that obviously. You didnt understand the correlation.

The irony in both is humorlously indicative of him....

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

No offense, but if you're seriously trying to learn why some of us hate Trump, you should probably skim the dozens and dozens of other threads about it. But to summarize just a few things for myself:

He & his spokeswoman burned all bridges w/me (I'm a proud Muslim) with their comments ans stances on Muslims. I also don't like his comments about Mexican people and I think his "wall" is stupid and unrealistic. I don't like the way his companies constantly screw over small businesses and contractors, either. And I fully expect him to try to force the US govt into bankruptcy. I alsodon't like the way he verbally bashes women in public, such as fat shaming Rosie O'Donnell, his menstrual bleeding comments about Megan Kelly, etc. I don't mind calling a female out based on idiotic ideas or stances, but he goes way too far by making it personal & crude. (I'm a little old fashioned in that regard.)

I also think he's absolutely petty and irrational, with him constantly taking every perceived slight personally and then responding w/"twitter beefs". I mean, seriously. Putting someone that petty and vindictive in control of the IRS, FBI, CIA, and our nuclear arsenal would be disastrous. Plus I think his campaign is both an unorganized mess and a racket (and I mean "racket" in the literal sense, not metaphorically). If he can't even keep his own campaign staff in order or organized, then how can he possibly handle being the literal chief executive of the entire federal Executive Branch?

I also think a lot of his policies are nonexistent. As in, he gives incredibly vague answers to incredibly complex questions. Things like "We'll use the best plans. They're magnificent ideas, really they are. We'll be terrific and finally make us great again. trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I'm really rich." WTF does that even mean? I need stats, reports, and details. That vague crap won't cut it.

Imagine you're an officer in a charity and you're supposed to implement your boss' plan for distributing food throughout the region. But your boss' entire "plan" only consists of "We'll get the best foods. Foods that taste great. Fantastically great. And I'll tell you what; those recipients will love that food so much and all of our hard work will be worth it. No no, I'm serious. It'll be sooo worth it." WTF does that even mean? How can you implement actual plans with people's lives on the line when that's all you have to go by?

I have a lot of other reasons, but I don't feel like repeating myself lol. Just remember, he's running as a Repub. No matter what people may say, his administration will be full of Repubs and they will interpret the law the way other conservatives do. That means his admin's budget will have all of the Repub priorities and none of the left wing/progressives' priorities in it. Not to mention, he'd be appointing other conservatives to the Supreme Court and other appointed positions. Why on Earth would I support that when Repubs have been fighting against my preferred policies for decades?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Wow! I didnt say anywhere... in fact I started with my opinion...that I wasnt gonna vote for him?

Re-Read-The-Opening-Line...then point out anywhere I said I wouldnt or wasnt voting for him...you can't.

'cause I didnt...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

All I see: "I think" and "I don't like" lol. Oh lord help us

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

No offense, but if you're seriously trying to learn why some of us hate Trump, you should probably skim the dozens and dozens of other threads about it. But to summarize just a few things for myself:

He & his spokeswoman burned all bridges w/me (I'm a proud Muslim) with their comments ans stances on Muslims. I also don't like his comments about Mexican people and I think his "wall" is stupid and unrealistic. I don't like the way his companies constantly screw over small businesses and contractors, either. And I fully expect him to try to force the US govt into bankruptcy. I alsodon't like the way he verbally bashes women in public, such as fat shaming Rosie O'Donnell, his menstrual bleeding comments about Megan Kelly, etc. I don't mind calling a female out based on idiotic ideas or stances, but he goes way too far by making it personal & crude. (I'm a little old fashioned in that regard.)

I also think he's absolutely petty and irrational, with him constantly taking every perceived slight personally and then responding w/"twitter beefs". I mean, seriously. Putting someone that petty and vindictive in control of the IRS, FBI, CIA, and our nuclear arsenal would be disastrous. Plus I think his campaign is both an unorganized mess and a racket (and I mean "racket" in the literal sense, not metaphorically). If he can't even keep his own campaign staff in order or organized, then how can he possibly handle being the literal chief executive of the entire federal Executive Branch?

I also think a lot of his policies are nonexistent. As in, he gives incredibly vague answers to incredibly complex questions. Things like "We'll use the best plans. They're magnificent ideas, really they are. We'll be terrific and finally make us great again. trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I'm really rich." WTF does that even mean? I need stats, reports, and details. That vague crap won't cut it.

Imagine you're an officer in a charity and you're supposed to implement your boss' plan for distributing food throughout the region. But your boss' entire "plan" only consists of "We'll get the best foods. Foods that taste great. Fantastically great. And I'll tell you what; those recipients will love that food so much and all of our hard work will be worth it. No no, I'm serious. It'll be sooo worth it." WTF does that even mean? How can you implement actual plans with people's lives on the line when that's all you have to go by?

I have a lot of other reasons, but I don't feel like repeating myself lol. Just remember, he's running as a Repub. No matter what people may say, his administration will be full of Repubs and they will interpret the law the way other conservatives do. That means his admin's budget will have all of the Repub priorities and none of the left wing/progressives' priorities in it. Not to mention, he'd be appointing other conservatives to the Supreme Court and other appointed positions. Why on Earth would I support that when Repubs have been fighting against my preferred policies for decades?
I appreciate the response. Let me begin by asking you two questions.
1.Do you self identify as a Democrat?
2. Will you be voting for Hillary Clinton?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Aside from the standpoints that I agree with, I would vote Trump because he doesn't speak through a filter, he's not afraid to call out and tackle controversial issues most politicians avoid like the plague, and because it would be a big middle finger to the political establishment that is throwing everything and the kitchen sink at him.

edit on 23-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join