It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deuteronomy 21:21: Kill disobedient children

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor So, can you pleeease tell me how YHWH is loving, patient, kind, keeps no record of wrongs....yada, yada (as Paul defines love)...and a murderer at the same time? (because god is LOVE...right?)

Paul was speaking of Charity not Love. Things that are different are not the same.

Paul wouldn't know charity OR love if they bit him the rear. He was an obnoxious, narcissistic, misogynist, who preached "HIS gospel"...not what Jesus taught. He could spout some pretty stuff, then turn around and curse (or blind) anyone who disagreed with him....or asked that they be turned over to satan. What a guy.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Oh look, another ATS poster read one verse from the Bible from 4,000 years ago and decides to make a post about it.

Let me see, have you posted any questions to Muslims about why they kill people EVERY FRACKING DAY?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

And you stand in judgement of Paul?

I would trust his words before I trusted yours.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

And you stand in judgement of Paul?

I would trust his words before I trusted yours.

Fair enough. I'm nobody anyway.
How bout listening to Jesus over Paul....

Paul's Contradictions of Jesus

Here is a list of the major contradictions by Paul of things Jesus taught. Some of this was mentioned by others, so when applicable I quote and reference the source who mentioned this. This list is as of January 2016. Come back for updates as I continue to add to this list. Please send me any that you have discovered.

Introduction: List of 25 Contradictions Expounded Below

• Jesus Says Not To Eat Meat Sacrificed to Idols, But Paul Says It Is
Ok

• Jesus Says The Law Continues, But Paul Says No

• Paul Says The Pharisees Followed The Law Rigorously, But Jesus
Says They Were Lax About The Law

• Jesus Says Salvation Initiates And Continues By Repentance From
Sin and Obedience Besides Faith; Paul Says This is Heresy

• Jesus Tells Apostles To Teach His Commands Given Prior to HisAscension While In The Flesh, But Paul Says Not To Do So

• Paul Says Elders Are Entitled To Pay for 'Preaching & Teaching,' But
Jesus Says No

• Jesus Teaches There Are Only 12 Apostles Into Eternity, But Paul
Adds Himself To The List As a Thirteenth

• Paul Exhorts Celibacy, But Jesus Clearly Says It is A Choice Not
Within Everyone's Power

• Jesus Says There Is One Pastor and Teacher (Himself), But Paul
Says There Are Many Pastors and Teachers

• Paul Says God Is The God of the Dead, But Jesus Says God Is Not
The God of the Dead

• Paul Says God Does Not Live in Temples Made of Human Hands,
But Jesus Says He Does

• Jesus says Nations Of The World Are Under Satan, But Paul Says
Their Rulers Are Agents of God

• Jesus Teaches Rapture is Of Evil Ones First, But Paul Teaches The
Opposite

• Jesus Says A Call Is Revocable, But Paul Says It Is Irrevocable

• Jesus Says Some Are Righteous, But Paul Says It Is Impossible

• Paul Excludes Eating With Sinners But Christ's Example We Are To
Follow, and the Lost Sheep Parable, Is Contrary

• Paul Teaches We Are Eternally Secure, But Jesus Teaches Insecurity
to a Sinning Believer

• Paul Teaches In Original Sin But Jesus Contradicts

• Jesus' Command About Calling Anyone Fool Is Violated by Paul

• Paul Denies Obedience Grants Any Righteousness Unto Life, But
Jesus Says It Does

• Jesus Sends The Apostles to Baptize, But Paul Says Jesus Did Not
Send Him to Baptize

• Jesus Says the Merciful Receive Mercy, But Paul Says Only Those God
Chooses Arbitrarily Will Receive Mercy

• Paul Says Salvation Does Not Depend Upon Exertion, But Jesus
Says It Does

• Paul Says He Could Be Justified of The Sin that Never Could be Justified under the Law given Moses (Blasphemy), but Jesus says to the contrary that it is The Unpardonable Sin.

• Paul Says Flesh will not inherit the Kingdom of God, but Jesus in Flesh ascended to heaven, and promises to resurrect our bodies to heaven, giving us the same physical resurrection that Jesus had.

Now...if you would like to understand all of the above further. Go to "Jesus Words Only" website. I'm having computer issues, so can't post the link. But, it came from there. There's much more, too. You have to go outside the box, though.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Repent, believe and be baptized.

2 greatest commandments

Don't blaspheme the Holy Spirit

Keep you eye (inner) clean

If anyone should say that they saw me in the wilderness, or in secret DO NOT BELIEVE THEM.

New Jerusalem has 12 of the lamb, not 13

Call no man your father

Oaths of any kind are of the Evil One.

Many shall come in my name saying, "the time is at hand."

Faith bears good fruit or it's dead (faith requires good works.)

The Kingdom of God is within

only few will find it

Beware of the Wolf ( Benjamin) in sheep's clothing (Saul/Paul).

The Poor, in Spirit are blessed

seek and you will find

Faith moves mountains

Those with the Spirit are like the wind

Only God is good! ( I'm not God)

None have seen the Father (cant be old Hova)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor So, can you pleeease tell me how YHWH is loving, patient, kind, keeps no record of wrongs....yada, yada (as Paul defines love)...and a murderer at the same time? (because god is LOVE...right?)

Paul was speaking of Charity not Love. Things that are different are not the same.

Paul wouldn't know charity OR love if they bit him the rear. He was an obnoxious, narcissistic, misogynist, who preached "HIS gospel"...not what Jesus taught. He could spout some pretty stuff, then turn around and curse (or blind) anyone who disagreed with him....or asked that they be turned over to satan. What a guy.

Yeah I can't understand how people can like Paul? He is a detestable, despicable admitted liar and hypocrite who sets of more alarms than can't be reasoned away so they make up little fibs.

I have heard from Priests, Pastors and the just plain studious and astute, the observation, once I figured it out myself that you have to choose to follow Paul or follow Christ because they teach the opposite.

When a Priest admits it then you can bet it is true because it is not in a Priests interests to do so.

And Jesus teachings make sense, all Paul does is insult everyone subtly and pepper in some niceties.

And he is always frustrated with losing his influence over a church to the Apostles, the 7 churches in Asia that ALL rejected Paul especially Ephesus.

He admits to a willingness to lie to gain converts and makes money off the church, boasts about it even.

He is a disgusting cult leader, simple.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If I was a Jew preparing for the kingdom Jesus is fine. But seeing I am the body of Christ , the Church I heed the verse in the church letter over Jewish kingdom preparation Doctrine. Where Jesus teaching compliments and enforces what Jesus Taught then it is applicable to me today. If not I heed the church writings.

I.e. Jesus said, do not refuse him who asks or hold back from him who wants to borrow.

If the above teaching of Jesus were apllicable to the church I would follow it. But it is not

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
It's Old Testament.

Doesn't count, for Christianity that is.

This.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor

• Jesus Says Not To Eat Meat Sacrificed to Idols, But Paul Says It Is
Ok

It helps when you stop copying and pasting and do some research. First of all, Paul NEVER said it was alright to eat meat that was sacrificed to idols. You're confusing this with the fact that Paul told people that it was alright to eat meat at all. Jesus said in Matthew 15 that there was "NOTHING" that a man could put into his mouth that would defile him, only those things that a man spoke out of his mouth could defile him. Read Matthew 15 and the quotes from Jesus on this topic.

• Jesus Says The Law Continues, But Paul Says No

Jesus said he came to fulfill the law. For those who believe and have faith that he did, the old law was not necessary any longer, but the law will continue until those who are practicing it come to realize this truth that Jesus was the only way to fulfill it.

• Paul Says The Pharisees Followed The Law Rigorously, But Jesus
Says They Were Lax About The Law

The Pharisees were rigorous about following man made laws and they were lax about following God's law to love God and others first. This too can be explained again in Matthew 15.

• Jesus Says Salvation Initiates And Continues By Repentance From
Sin and Obedience Besides Faith; Paul Says This is Heresy

Paul preached about sin and repentance as well as faith and works. Read Acts 20, Romans 6, and James 2.

So needless to say, your list was created by a deceiver who does not know Christ or his Word and only tries to believe what he wants to believe.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Does killing disobedient children fall under "deeply held religious belief".....I mean, we can't go infringing on folks religion, right?

Well, considering that it is old testament it is basically discarded a long long time ago. So if Christianity rejected it why still use it against them instead of applauding the fact that they rejected this sort of thing?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
After the Christ died on the cross, the veil of the temple was torn. This means that the old law is gone, and a new age has come. This explains why Christians don't sacrifice animals. a reply to: Profusion

<< 2  3  4   >>

join