It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents, I apologize.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
(post by JaMeDoIt removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JaMeDoIt

Really??? They robbed one of their neighbors. Getting a belt to the ass is a lot easier to recover from than a bullet to the head which is what could of happened.

That's what happens all the time.

You think it's easier in jail or if the neighbor caught them in the act??? Hell no. A spanking at that point is just a warning that if that continues a spanking by mom is going to seem like an Ice cream cone and a day at the park in comparison.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I agree. But we don't know all the details. Kids do stupid stuff sometimes and it could of just been them acting out and got caught their first time. Who knows. I'm guessing not but I don't know.

Yes they do, and peer pressure can sometimes drive a good child to doing something amazingly stupid.

My parents had to work hard to provide for all of us, but we were extremely lucky, though we didn't know it at the time. We were raised in the country, and we had chores and responsibilities, so we didn't have much time to get into trouble.

Raising children back then was hard, but nowhere as hard as it is today. Today you have one of two choices. You are either going to pay to keep your children out of trouble, or you are going to pay to get your children out of trouble. I opted to pay to keep them out of trouble.

I structured their lives so that they had something that they were responsible for every day. My oldest girl asked to take dance classes when she was four years old. I really didn't think she knew what dance classes were, but she was able to explain to me satisfactorily what taking dance classes was all about. I explained to her the first time she said she no longer wanted to take the classes, or she said she didn't want to practice, that I would stop paying for the classes. She said she understood, so I signed her up. One year later I signed up her sister when she said she wanted to take dance too.

The girls were in dance 6 days a week. It was a great school with great families. The girls loved it and took classes through High School. Between school responsibilities and dance, they had no time to get into real trouble. Their friends, and the family of their friends, became our extended family. We were like people, with like ideas and goals. This made it even easier to keep them out of trouble.

Personally, I think the key is consistency, keeping your word, and teaching respect for self and others. No magic formula. Nothing new or anything that hasn't been done before. It just takes, time, patience, persistence, and commitment.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JaMeDoIt

I hope this asshole women gets a cap in her head.

There it is!.. The backward thinking that is everything that is wrong with the world we live in today....

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Kids do stupid stuff sometimes . . .

What I say to mine (grandkids now) when they walk out the door.

1. The parents invite you back, not your friend.

2. Don't do Stupid!

Also, its NOT "Peer Pressure" - - its - - "Personal Responsibility"

And, I'll only save you once.

And, of course, the usual - - - call no matter what. We'll deal with the "what" later.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
*POST REMOVED BY STAFF*

Dude you must an uneducated if you cannot understand the difference between violence and discipline ....

What is with the whole watch you six is that your way of a backhanded threat ?
edit on 23-6-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/27/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

I totally agree. I am sure this mother uses corporal punishment for every indiscretion; probably the way she was raised. If they are living in slums or in a gang-related community their chances are slim for a jail-free adult life. There are so many variables in raising children. I certainly am not one to judge; but...

I was never punished nor were my children who are in their thirties and doing great. But, then, again they were raised in an upper middle class, private school, child-oriented environment with two parents and much love.

Sometimes there are no right or wrong answers; maybe it does take a village-just a non-violent one.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Yea...really...what comes around goes around....if you are one of them hitters...watch your six...it is coming.
a reply to: mOjOm

Watch my six, huh???? Whatever....

I don't have any kids to hit as I've already said. Also, sometimes what goes around doesn't in fact come around. Sometimes bad stuff happens to good people and life just sucks like that and nothing happens to anyone that balances the scales. Just an FYI for ya.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No imagination required back in my day when i was in boarding school i was made to eat a entire bar of soap and then grounded for 2 weeks....

That sounds horrible! Usually back then they used to hold the bar of soap in our mouths. They made you eat the entire bar of soap! Didn't that make you violently sick after eating it?

I attended a private school up until the 6th grade. It seems like private schools and boarding schools didn't have any limits on how they punished their students. What I felt was so pathetic, is I attended a Catholic private school who preached about a loving God and then they turned around and incorporated these painful and torturous punishments. It's one of the many reasons which made me re-evaluate my religious belief.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Physical punishment is handed down through the generations as the cycle of violence coincides directly with poverty. This woman is a working mom and has to go it alone because the father of her children is incarcerated (negative male role model). I commend her for trying to break the cycle, but more understanding and compassion is needed here. She also needs the help of a village to raise a child and has no help, especially from the authorities. This issue goes beyond physically punishing a child because when that happens, it means there are no other tools to work with; desperation. I would have liked to see the authorities let her keep her kids and provide in-home counselling for all of them.
edit on 24-6-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I usually do not go for corporal punishment but I can see why the mom tried to correct the three boys the old fashioned way, and luckily I didn't have three knuckle head boys to deal with, like the vid said breaking in someone's home can and often leads to death, matter of fact merely walking on to someone's property unannounced and uninvited can lead to tragic circumstances, I am not sure where this took place, but the cops arrested the moms and she might even lose her children.

If the neighbor had called the cops, the chances of them being shot on sight , beaten bloody or teased would be high, recent history with black males and law enforcement bares this out.
I think the govt should butt out on this one and return the kids immediately if they have not done so already.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
Hehe.. to be honest. I don't know if this type of punishment would have only furthered my unruly behaviour. I was always hard to control. My mother didn't beat me but she had to sit on me to calm me down.. I think this is how some people handle hyperactive cats.

We have a tall stool we stick in the middle of the room, where kid can't grab or touch anything.

We start when they are very young about age 3 (shorter stool). Kid can't get off the stool until he/she voluntarily talks about why he/she is there.

It forces kid to open up and talk about what happened and how they feel.

We also make them talk about their day in school and their friends. The teenager got put on it a couple times because she was being all drama and wouldn't talk about it.

Its funny, because we started so young the kids don't think they have a choice. Shhh, don't tell them.

That is hilarious.
Especially the teenager.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I'm disappointed my parents didn't discipline me more, maybe I wouldn't have turned into such a delinquent.

Excuses, excuses. Personal Responsibility.
Learn it. Live It.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
As a young kid, i wasnt scared of police, i was scared of my mother. I got whooped for doing bad things and actually it made me think twice about things and stuff.

Even today i would bet that little whooping wouldnt hurt these kids, rather than let them do what ever. Kids gets shot to death because they have no respect for law or other folk, those polices should have give a hug to that mother, not arrest her, what kinda message that sends to kids..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Well, downright whipping the children, not with a belt, but with tv-cables, leaving them with marks and cuts across the arms and bodies does seem somewhat excessive.

To me the police did right by taking action - remember before taking action and before the subsequent investigation they would not have known the extent of any abuse. Their immediate concern is just to stop any ongoing abuse when such is reported. Image if they did nothing and the mother turned out to be one of those wackos that ends up killing their children.

Also, we only have the mother's side of the story.

So let us wait and see what the outcome will be before we cry foul and unnecessary government interference.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
When I first heard about this story, and the public is at odds on this one, and it can be summed up with this:

The issue is not her whipping her sons, what they did they deserved it, cause they could have ended up in a a far worse situation. The 3 boys allegedly broke into someone else’s house, and that is burglary. She found out about it and decided to punish them for their action, perfectly acceptable.

However, what is at issue, and this much has to be clear, is that she is accused of using extension cord, to whip those children, and it left lacerations on the skin. So this was more than then rump and ultimately, should be investigated.

The thing that can be seen here, and the mother sees it and the rest of the community does as well, is that she is trying to save their lives now, cause if the home owner had a firearm, or was at home when those children did such, or say a guard dog, those children could have ended up dead or crippled for their own stupidity and then we would be seeing the cries and condemnation of the victim or the lies about how these children were angels.

On a side note according to the news report, the children were put into the custody of their grandparents.

But in my opinion, I think she should have disciplined the children, yes, but with restraint.
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot
Apparently only the police are allowed to hit her kids.

Better a few marks, humiliation and possibly lessons learned than 3 coffins. Unfortunately, parents creating a better society by disciplining their own children isn't in the plan. It's apparently better the cops just shoot them as that creates more of a divide amongst people and therefore more effective control.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join