It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loretta Lynch: ‘Most effective’ response to Islamic terrorism ‘is love’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Attorney General Loretta Lynch told Florida’s LGBT community that the “most effective” weapon at America’s disposal against Islamic terrorism is “love.”

Link

I can't say I agree with the AG's recommendation to combat terrorism with Love and Compassion. Seems to me that is a sure fire way to lose the "War on Terrorism".

edit on 23-6-2016 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu Jun 23 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: MPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
We must remember that Islam is the "religion of love", so we will be fighting love with love.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doom and Gloom
I can't say I agree with the AG's recommendation to combat terrorism with Love and Compassion. Seems to me that is a sure fire way to lose the "War on Terrorism".

Tell me again, What happened to those gullible souls who went over to the Middle East and showed their love to the enemy?

Didn't it sort'a start with a fella named Nick Berg?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

We should be glad some men and women don't subscribe to this insanity.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If you are talking about going into Iraq and Afghanistan, then I agree with you. We need to get out, we should not have been there. I am speaking more domestically. Thanks. Have a nice day.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Attorney General Loretta Lynch told Florida’s LGBT community that the “most effective” weapon at America’s disposal against Islamic terrorism is “love.”

Where do these people come from ?

The most effective weapon against TERRORISM is a A-10 warthog going prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttt.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The Gay community of Orlando tried to love the gunman as best they could, and that only incited it.

RIP

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Oh Loretta, only Jesus has the ability to love terrorists, the rest of us just wanna see them all dead.

She should take her stupid hippie rainbows and gumdrops delusion and bugger off to fantasy land.

Fail.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
some context

“To the LGBT community — we stand with you,” President Obama’s attorney general said. “The good in this world far outweighs the evil. Our common humanity transcends our differences, and our most effective response to terror is compassion, it’s unity and it’s love. We stand with you today because we grieve together, and long after the cameras are gone will continue to stand with you as we grow together in commitment and solidarity and in equality.” Mrs. Lynch added that $1 million in emergency funding for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement would be allocated “as soon as possible,” the Miami Herald reported. The federal funds will be used to cover overtime pay and other costs incurred by Orlando’s local law enforcement agencies during the massacre, the newspaper reported. “The message of Orlando is a message of determination to remove hatred, to remove intolerance from our midst,” Mrs. Lynch said.

the key word is response.

she is letting the military guys do the military thing, while the communities at home come together

Gin

link   

She must've been drinking the same tainted kool-aid as Trudeau. This is 2016 when love means everything.

link   
I have no love for war, but the only way to win is to have the biggest stick and be willing to use it, time for love afterwards

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I don't think perpetual war is the right way to win the war on terrorism. Neither is trying to "love" brainwashed individuals.

I think the first step is to stop the people funding and aiding terrorism. Some use terrorism as a way to control the masses. It's not all about islamic conquest.
edit on 23-6-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

The federal funds will be used to cover overtime pay and other costs incurred by Orlando’s local law enforcement agencies during the massacre, the newspaper reported.

I heard a LOT of gunfire in the audio. But ... dayummmm ... a million dollars.

edit on 2362016 by Snarl because: Format

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Extremely right brained person this must be.. reminds me of love and light New Agers.. Mark Passio does a great job of totally eviscerating these flaccid excuses for human beings. They are cowards in the face of danger, golemised automata.. sheep.

Totally one sided and polarised in their thinking. They lack the positive and balanced masculine attribute of aggression. We should respond with nuking the Kaaba and start a campaign to contain the influence of Islam to the Middle East. For every one of us they kill, we'll kill ten or a hundred. They bomb us, we carpet bomb them. They proselytise among us, we forcibly convert them. They rape our women, we castrate them and bury them in pigskin.

If we met their brutality with such overwhelming brutality they would be like meek puppies within a few years.. they would start playing the waiting game instead. The only reason they're this bold in the first place is because they sense our weakness, they can see the rot of Western civilisation all around them. We're weak feminised prey, they're ravenous predators.

(Don't take these comments too seriously.. I think the general sentiment is true though)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I want to sit down with her, Obama and as many Democrats that will fit in a movie theater and then lock the door for 24 hours. We are going to watch all the public stonings of those who committed adultery, were raped, gay and also ISIS beheadings. They will come to understand the ignorance and intolerance of Islamic countries and the extreme human depravity of their theocratic societies.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

They are already aware, but it doesn't affect them. Besides those very same countries donate MILLIONS to them. Why should they care what happens to the peons.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We could parachute Loretta into Syria to try out her theory.I don't expect her to be volunteering tho...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You are seriously twisting the article.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
some context

“To the LGBT community — we stand with you,” President Obama’s attorney general said. “The good in this world far outweighs the evil. Our common humanity transcends our differences, and our most effective response to terror is compassion, it’s unity and it’s love. We stand with you today because we grieve together, and long after the cameras are gone will continue to stand with you as we grow together in commitment and solidarity and in equality.” Mrs. Lynch added that $1 million in emergency funding for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement would be allocated “as soon as possible,” the Miami Herald reported. The federal funds will be used to cover overtime pay and other costs incurred by Orlando’s local law enforcement agencies during the massacre, the newspaper reported. “The message of Orlando is a message of determination to remove hatred, to remove intolerance from our midst,” Mrs. Lynch said.

the key word is response.

she is letting the military guys do the military thing, while the communities at home come together

I am glad a couple people here can actually read. The rest failed the context part on the SATs I am sure.

The twisting of the English language to match a right wing agenda is just horrific. I say this as an educated person. These threads clutter up ATS like someone who needs an intervention on a reality show about hoarders.
edit on 23-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Loretta Lynch: ‘Most effective’ response to Islamic terrorism ‘is love’

I thought the most effective response to islamic terrorism is editing 911 calls.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join