It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme court deadlock on Obamas Immigration plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
article

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Thursday announced that it had deadlocked in a case challenging President Obama’s immigration plan, a sharp blow to an ambitious program that Mr. Obama had hoped would become one of his central legacies. As a result, as many as five million undocumented immigrants will not be shielded from deportation or allowed to legally work in the United States.

Good. We don't have enough.money for education we don't have enough.money to pay your medical bills or buy you food while you work under the table.

Don't like it?

Get out.

One more reason to keep Hillary out of office.
edit on 6/23/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
Expell the gang bangers, terrorists, rapists, drug dealers thieves.

But

What about a good portion of those 5 millions whom have contributed to workforce, farming and economy as law abiding citizens, who help stimulate the economy , by spending hard earned dollars at local stores and big chains alike. Customer, workers, service providers, people not on welfare or receiving hand outs, their children, and childrens children.
People whom do nothing but keep the wheel moving?

This isnt a cut and dry issue. This can effect positively and negatively.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Follow our rules or leave

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Finally! Some kind of common sense on the ground

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Agreed. And once this is sorted, maybe implement more thorough immigration policies. Increse border security. Make it fair for everyone, not just immigrants looking to enter the states for a better life, but citizens at home whom lives will be impacted by immigration.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

We have homeless citizens here already, who need help finding work and stability.

They need help more than trying to find jobs for only new people.
edit on 6232016 by Butterfinger because: spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

We have homeless citizens here already, who need help finding work and stability.

They need help more than trying to find jobs for only new people.

No worries(my bad) , next time ill use layman grammar so you can understand.
See if you can correlate (draw similarities) between your post and my post.

implement more thorough immigration policies. Increase border security. Make it fair for everyone, not just immigrants looking to enter the states for a better life, but citizens at home whom lives will be impacted by immigration.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Obama doesn't give two squats about what the law says. The court said the president broke immigration and procedural laws by claiming the power to grant “deferred action” to nearly half of the illegal immigrants in the country.

But, he still has the power to decide who is to be deported and he has already said that these millions who would have qualified for deferred action will be low priority for enforcement.

So there you have. He is the man of lawlessness and if you don't like it, America, he couldn't care less.

edit on 23-6-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Don't like it? Get out.

You do realize without demand there would be no market for cheap labour? Who else is gonna raise your kids, do the washing and cooking and all the other menial jobs for you "busy" Americans

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Millennials, we've screwed them out of decent jobs just in time

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I don't think you have a clue about how 70-80% of us live. We do all that stuff ourselves as well as working 1-2 jobs. Most of us barely have the funds to afford daycare for the kids...and maids/housekeepers lmao...those are for the richer folks which most of us are not. The most effected industry that I have seen a large majority use that probably employs illegals would be the lawn care industry. I'm sure there might be a few others like that, but you seem to be going full on stereotype here.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz An analogy could be used of the Bank robber who did one last job and had plans of going straight in some far off place, and becoming a good citizen from then on. Still a bank robber.... you going to allow him a free ride and offer absolution of the crime ?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yes, and instead of having jobs and learning the value of heard-earned cash, they can just stay home with mom and dad working and paying for their eventual entry into liberal college, primed for SJW indoctrination! LOL

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

They can apply for citizenship legally. That was always an option from the moment that they decided that they wanted to come to the U.S.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Lawn care, construction, and agriculture are the big three that I noticed while living in California for the first 19 years of my life.

The crazy thing is, many of my friends in high school did the same jobs during the summer time and were happy to have the job and be getting a pay check. The claim that many make that these are jobs that Americans would not do is preposterous--right now, we just prefer not to do them because somebody else is in there cornering the market for cheaper. If that changed, there would be plenty of Americans lining up for the jobs.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Good. Either come correctly or none at all and of course follow the laws of the COUNTRY OR GET OUT!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Poor Obama is at a loss and so dejected.

But the gridlock forced Obama to admit that he is out of moves on immigration and Garland's nomination.

Obama: Supreme Court ruling on immigration 'sets our country back'

Sorry Barry, you can't just makes laws all by yourself.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

I don't think you have a clue about how 70-80% of us live. We do all that stuff ourselves as well as working 1-2 jobs. Most of us barely have the funds to afford daycare for the kids...and maids/housekeepers lmao...those are for the richer folks which most of us are not. The most effected industry that I have seen a large majority use that probably employs illegals would be the lawn care industry. I'm sure there might be a few others like that, but you seem to be going full on stereotype here.

It's not about what jobs they do it's about the labor pool.

The jobs that felons would be doing for a little more money would drastically alter the labor supply opening other jobs in skilled trades that actually pay what they should be paying.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: RickyD

Lawn care, construction, and agriculture are the big three that I noticed while living in California for the first 19 years of my life.

The crazy thing is, many of my friends in high school did the same jobs during the summer time and were happy to have the job and be getting a pay check. The claim that many make that these are jobs that Americans would not do is preposterous--right now, we just prefer not to do them because somebody else is in there cornering the market for cheaper. If that changed, there would be plenty of Americans lining up for the jobs.

Of course Americans would do them because the market would have to adjust until the job was worth doing.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Poor Obama is at a loss and so dejected.

I want him to personally pick up the costs for what he's done. Anything he doesn't pay himself within the first year should be divided up amongst everyone who voted for him.

That'd be a fair way of taking care of the debt he's created.

If you don't pay what you owe ... stripped of citizenship. Yeah ... I said it. Why? Same kind'a crap 0bama pulled over and over again. Except, for him, it was more than just words. It cost us all ... even though few agreed with him.
edit on 2362016 by Snarl because: Autocorrect

top topics

<<   2 >>

join