It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic Sit-in by Democrats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

People keep saying gun show loop hole... what loop hole? Maybe there is one I have never seen it, every cop I know says its mandatory to do a check at a gun show.

As far as I have been able to tell, they're talking about person-to-person sales at gun shows that don't involve dealers.

And I've bought a very few firearms that way, sold a very few. But generally I trade with dealers, and there's always paperwork.

I think the libs think every firearm sold at a gun show is done without paperwork, as far as I can tell. It's anecdotal, but I have asked several and that's the answer I get.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: atomish

So, why haven't the republicans fixed the no fly list if that is so important?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

The Republicans were wrong then, the Democrats are wrong now... some of us are just fed up with seeing our rights eroded in the name of safety that is not happening.

It was wrong when they were established its still wrong today, that american citizens can be stripped of rights without their day in court.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

But, no one is taking a stand against it like the democrats. As long as there is a no fly list, the democrats have legal and moral point. If you are so dangerous that you can't fly with others, then you are too dangerous to be on the loose in society with a gun.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Guilty until proven Innocent seems to be the theme of the Day.

Sad..

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

There is nothing historic about this. The only people who cared where the media. Proving once again that the media is basically just the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I don't know, because they are scumbags?

Both of these parties are useless unless at colluding against US.

Fix the lists. Stop taking away people's rights without due process.

ETA: The dems did nothing about the lists either.
edit on 6/23/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

6 yr old on no fly list 2016

The father of a Canadian six-year-old who was flagged as a potential travel threat says he has heard from at least a dozen other families struggling with the same issue. Syed Adam Ahmed’s case drew national media attention after his father, Sulemaan Ahmed, tweeted to Air Canada on New Year’s Eve, asking: “Why is our (Canadian born) 6 year old on DHP no fly list? He must clear security each time.” The tweet, from the Toronto Pearson international airport, included a picture of the computer screen showing that his son had been given the “Deemed High Profile” designation.

(January 2016)Its Canada but the point remains... its not just foreigners, its not just bad people... innocent people whos names were entered by mistake are on these lists, and no American citizen should loses guaranteed rights, with little to no recourse, and not even notified until they try to do something... costing them time and money and probably some humiliation as well.

from 2015

2015 CNN report

Cat stevens, Sen Ted Kennedy, Rep John Lewis, an 18 month old, Journalists for CNN, and the Weekly standard as well...

the list is rife with issues, I will freely admit I got caught in the hype in 2001... the patriot act was a horrid mistake.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

But, no one is taking a stand against it like the democrats. As long as there is a no fly list, the democrats have legal and moral point. If you are so dangerous that you can't fly with others, then you are too dangerous to be on the loose in society with a gun.

A legal point maybe but not a moral one. Just because they CAN does not make it a good idea.

It isn't only dangerous people on those lists...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I am not defending the practice. I hate the Patriot Act and Homeland Security from the beginning. Made enemies over my stance against it at the time. But, now we have to live with it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I find it ironic that democrats haven't learned that no one ever gets anything done by "sitting on their a$$"

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Fair enough... I dont hate people for having a differing view point, more than likely we are not far off in our thinking...

But I disagree its never to late to fight against injustice.

Getting rid of these grand standing POS's would be a great start to fixing things.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
While I think the "sit in" is a dramatic statement, it is good to see someone in Congress doing something.

Two years and counting with Republican Control ... and nothing. No new legislation to help create jobs in this country, no new legislation to address the POS ACA, nothing.

And judging from the infantile reactions being evoked here, they must be doing something right, LOL.

Universal background checks, indeed, are the only Constitutional way to address the issue. 30 States already use this method, the other 20 should come into line and stop the stupidity (COTUS, Article IV Section 1). It goes without saying that every sale of firearms should be recorded for any number of reasons (and notably, this also has been judged Constitutional, DC v. Heller, et. al.).

Fix the process of the Terror Watchlist (Amendment 4, 5, and 14) and keep anyone on it from purchasing a weapon easily or at all (DC v. Heller, again, et. al.).

Educate the American people about what our Constitution actually says and means so that NRA acolytes spouting nonsense have less of an impact on public opinion.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I would point out that the Democrats had the opportunity to vote for a GOP alternative that would have put in place a process to permanently block firearms sales to those on the watch lists with a court order after a delay of three business days. That's more than we do now. So why did the Dems reject that, too?

Couldn't be that they're the ones actually playing partisan games and now engaging in some political grandstanding, could it?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Fair enough... I dont hate people for having a differing view point, more than likely we are not far off in our thinking...

But I disagree its never to late to fight against injustice.

Getting rid of these grand standing POS's would be a great start to fixing things.

I agree that we should never just say the Patriot Act and DHS are things we just need to live with now.

We cannot forget these things, these "past" injustices that still heavily affect us must be fought as well as the new ones of the day.

We have much work to do.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

The Democrats aren't taking a stand against it, they're trying to add to it.

What part aren't you understanding?

Both parties were wrong for letting the no fly list happen without due process.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

I would point out that the Democrats had the opportunity to vote for a GOP alternative that would have put in place a process to permanently block firearms sales to those on the watch lists with a court order after a delay of three business days. That's more than we do now. So why did the Dems reject that, too?

Couldn't be that they're the ones actually playing partisan games and now engaging in some political grandstanding, could it?

... and thus our political process is reduced to a combination of "well, he did it too!" and "I know you are but what am I?"

Let's change both sides! Let's get the government moving again!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

But, no one is taking a stand against it like the democrats. As long as there is a no fly list, the democrats have legal and moral point.

Not really...if they were arguing against such lists at all, yes. But they're wanting to add to it, and decrying due process. Sorry, but they're also on the wrong side.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

Of course that is what they are doing.

The Republicans like to do the same stuff. They are two sides of the same coin...

How people do not see the show they put on for our "benefit" blows my mind. (Not accusing you of this, vor)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

The Partiot Act and Homeland Security are legal laws made by congress. So, in fact, there is no injustice. And only congress can give your freedoms back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join