It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic Sit-in by Democrats

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Led by Represenative John Lewis of Civil Rights fame, House Democrats are staging a sit-in over the Gun control iissue. They are demanding a vote on gun control to they demand: expand background checks to gun shows and internet firearms sales, and to keep guns from those on no-fly lists.

Democrats also sang the classic protest song "We Shall Overcome" but with the words "We shall pass a bill, someday." As Ryan left the chair, Democrats chanted "shame! shame!" It capped a remarkable day on Capitol Hill. Democrats, led by Rep. John Lewis of Georgia, an icon of the civil rights movement, conducted the sit-in to demand Republican leadership allow votes on bills that would expand background checks to gun shows and internet firearms sales, and to keep guns from those on no-fly lists. The House ordered the cameras shut off, so members used social media to stream the sit-in online. The hashtag #NoBillNoBreak climbed to the top of Twitter's trending topics. The revolt in the House comes as Democrats have pursued gun control legislation following the deadly attack on a gay nightclub in Orlando that killed 49 people. "When we think about what happened in Orlando, ladies and gentlemen, the question is whether we are accepting a new sense of normal," Lewis said.

I wonder how successful this will be? Gun control is a very complex issue and there are good arguments both for and against it as I've learned in some of the forums here on ATS over the past couple of days. I do think that something needs to be done, I'm just not sure what that something is. First, I think we should tackle the Mental Health issue. Let's see what happens..What says ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
They can sit until their gluteus maximus turns blue and their sphincters no longer work.
Maybe they could do a little floor polishing while they're down there wasting the people's time and money.
We don't pay Congress to sit on their asses, do we?
Looks like we are right now.
I want a list of every one of them and I will personally fire them all tomorrow.
Thank you.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Sorry Lostbook. You're a few hours too late. This Dem sit-in has been discussed ad-nauseam already today.

ONGOING ATS DISCUSSION: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
good for them. Something needs to be done to stop all the madness, and if a sit-in can start something, why not.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The sit-in for the 201st gun control bills over the last 5 years. All failed. Why in the hell cant they concentrate on improving the quality of life in this country , instead of a Democratic win ? That is ALL they are after. They have forgotten what they were hired to do , and concentrated on YAAAHHHHHH or our team mentalities.
Throw all the bums out. John Lewis ? Being a Georgian myself , I will leave that as a question.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
We can ask ourselves these questions: When's the last time you sat on the floor, folded your arms, until you got what you wanted? And did it work?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
For a party that claims to want SMALL government, they sure love to use their power to shut the Democrats DOWN.

Turning off the cameras and microphones so the American people CANT watch/hear?

Hm...

edit on 23-6-2016 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
Laxatives would put an end to it in a hurry. Send in some baked goodies with something extra in it, maybe pass out those Haribo sugar free gummy bears that are supposed to give people the runs. Their sit in would turn into a # in.

ETA: That got censored but I'm sure you get the idea.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I don't know if the Dems are tired of their LGBT voting bloc and want the new exciting Muslim voting bloc to be able to kill them without a fight, or if they think they can disarm everyone so their two voting blocs can't kill each other.

At any rate "let's get rid of pesky things like due process" seems a bit far to go.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

edit on 23 6 16 by projectvxn because: Removed to contribute to existing thread mentioned above

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

One question:

How many of them had their thumbs in their mouths?

Wellll another question or 2 or 3 or . . .

How many of them had a pouty face?

How many of them were whining?

How many of them were obviously wearing their "Depends?"

How many were proudly wearing their lobotomy certificates?

How many were proudly wearing their

TRAITORS TO THE REPUBLIC IN BEHALF OF TYRANNICAL GLOBALISM certificates?

How many of them paused in pandering to the media enough to stay hydrated?

How many of them arrived at the sit-in with armed guards in front of and behind them?

How many of them OBVIOUSLY consider us 'little people' to be merely Eloi fodder for the Morlach's tables?

Sigh.

edit on 23/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
They can sit until their gluteus maximus turns blue and their sphincters no longer work.
Maybe they could do a little floor polishing while they're down there wasting the people's time and money.
I want a list of every one of them and I will personally fire them all tomorrow.
Thank you.

On the other hand . . . or other butt cheek . . .

they might be less dangerous farting around on the floor whining and fit throwing like spoiled 2 year olds . . . than they would be writing more legislation.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Uhhhhh shouldn't the H word in the title be

HYSTERICAL

instead of Historical?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Uhhhhh shouldn't the H word in the title be

HYSTERICAL

instead of Historical?

And don't forget the "h" that should come after the "s" in "sit in" because it is a steaming load of BS.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
These sort of stances always crack me up. The "Big Push" for more gun control at home while signing more spending bills to send record amounts of WMD round the planet.

Anyone else see the dichotomy? See how they play division games, dividing us against each other and manipulating public sentiment to further their own agenda, instead of we the peoples?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
People on the no fly list already have their rights taken with no charges. That is the way most sensible people see this issue. This was a great move by the democrats.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
People on the no fly list already have their rights taken with no charges. That is the way most sensible people see this issue. This was a great move by the democrats.

So the solution, instead of fixing unconstitutional no-fly lists and such, is to add more rights to get taken away from people on those lists?

This is how sensible people think?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Thank you.

Just wanted to say, I love your reply's! So so so True!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes i do.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
If I am living in Oklahoma and buy a gun from a guy in Nevada over the internet... it has to be moved through licensed dealers which means a back ground check is required.

I have also never seen a sale inside a gun show that didnt have a back ground check associated with it...

a Law that would make felons out of people who sell out of their garage is un-enforceable it would be a waste of time/money/man hours.

People keep saying gun show loop hole... what loop hole? Maybe there is one I have never seen it, every cop I know says its mandatory to do a check at a gun show.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join