It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems stage sit-in on House floor to push for gun vote

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well people they are at it again. After being soundly rejected on Monday. Where four bills were defeated. The *SNIP* are still on the march or in this case sitting.

Dozens of Democrats were participating in the sit-in after it began Wednesday morning, with some lawmakers seated cross-legged on the floor. Democrats have been pressing for action on gun control before the House leaves at the end of this week for a planned recess.

If at first you don't succeed. Try,try,try,try,try again.

I have to give props to Fiftycal on the comments section.

They nailed it.

Fiftycal • 2 hours ago When someone sets off a bomb, people blame the BOMBER. When somebody kills somebody while driving drunk, people balme the DRIVER. When some lunatic, registered democrat, employed by Homeland Security guns down a number of people, democrats BLAME THE GUN!

edit on 6-22-2016 by Springer because: removed political snipe

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm usually a fan of sit-ins and peaceful protest, but only when the preferred outcome is a noble one. There cannot be a person at this sit-in that does not understand that the only thing that stricter gun laws will do is create even more limitations for law-abiding gun owners.

It's hard to argue against the point that this is the plan all along. Either that, or they're just completely ignorant to the realities of life.

Or both.

Probably both.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What a bunch of stubborn fools.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

#OccupyTheFloor

#SitInForTyranny

#ProtestForPoliceState

+32 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

# Tactical Firearms

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
One of my favorite Congresspersons Elijah Cummings was one.

Do they even know the difference between Constitutional and unConstitutional ?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I just saw this, unbelievable.

Just imagine if Hillary gets in office.

I just finished watching Trumps speech ripping apart Hillary, IMHO it was his best speech by far.

We are so screwed if we get another 4 or 8 years of establishment control.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't see what this is supposed to achieve. Who is supposed to be listening to their grievances?

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Good.

Now tell 'em not to move until we can build a wall around 'em.

edit on 22-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

+36 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Have to respect them for following-through on what they believe strongly about.

Also, I never knew the Brown Shirts were notorious for peaceful protests and sit-ins. Perhaps I missed that part of history, or some people are drama queens and like to equate those they disagree with to the predecessors of the SS.

edit on 22-6-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So they get paid for protesting? They must work for George Soros then.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I just saw this, unbelievable.

Just imagine if Hillary gets in office.

I just finished watching Trumps speech ripping apart Hillary, IMHO it was his best speech by far.

We are so screwed if we get another 4 or 8 years of establishment control.

Hillary Clinton ✔ @HillaryClinton This is what real leadership looks like. twitter.com...

No need to imagine.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

This is theater. This is virtue signaling. Virtue signaling occurs in the absence of real virtue to change the basis of an argument from reason to morality, thus triggering emotional reaponses which are much more easily manipulated.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Let them sit there until they rot.

+12 more 
link   
Basically they are trying to filibuster the issue. I guess when you can't win the debate, throw a tantrum.

edit on 22-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

This is theater. This is virtue signaling. Virtue signaling occurs in the absence of real virtue to change the basis of an argument from reason to morality, thus triggering emotional reaponses which are much more easily manipulated.

The fact still remains that they are on the job. Their job doesn't entail sit-ins and protesting. Get back to work and make fools of yourselves on your own time.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Thank you for proving the meme.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Don't these politicians realize that they are trying to infringe on a constitutional right which they swore oaths to protect? These people should all be kicked out of office IMO.

SM2

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here we go again. It seems common sense means something different to these guys then the rest of the English speaking world. I know I know, blame the NRA and their lies and propaganda, that is the remarks I have been seeing, but when asked by the persons speaking this line to provide some of the lies the NRA hands out, all I get is silence.

Want to make a difference in mass shooting events? Well, look at who perpetrates the majority of them...democrats. Maybe democrats need to reassess the methods they use to argue a point, because the recent trend is not working out

+33 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Memes are not necessarily reality, Neo.

It's sad that you have educated yourself through memes. Not unexpected, but sad just the same.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join