It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make America White Again billboard

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Its freedom of speech huh... What if the billboard said 'make America straight again'
It would be taking freedom of speech too far, then would it be 'hate' and u bet no one here at the cost of bein unPC or homophobic would claim its just freedom of speech.
Just like that pastor sympathizer with 'Orlando' thread

edit on 22-6-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: odzeandennz

That's a question for people who try to employ this "logic" in their argument to make European settlers out to be utter jackasses.

I disagree with many of their tactics, but war and tribal takeovers and usurping of nations existed on North America long before ol' whitey came around.

Yea, but how many wants to kick out other groups or claim its their land as if indigenous here... How many of thosethose previous settlers are putting similar billboards? Just 'whitey', like you said.
edit on 22-6-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Fear breeds ignorance and will paint you into a corner. This guy did. Make America White Again? He has the same right as anyone else. Would I vote for him. No, but he can run. Anyone can run.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SM2
so let me get this straight. some jacka#@ in TN makes a racist billboard. Then, the lemmings come out and blame Trump?

sure this makes sense

From Rick Tyler's campaign web site regarding their billboard strategy:

"For these reasons we are confident that a widespread and creative billboard advertising game plan could go a long way toward making the Rick Tyler For Congress candidacy both viable and a force to be reckoned with. Clearly we are in uncharted waters, in that there has never been a candidacy like this in modern political history. Of great significance, as well, is the reality of the Trump phenomenon and the manner in which he has loosened up the overall spectrum of political discourse."

Source

So, to answer your question... Yeah.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

You know what the best thing about western culture is?

The fact that western cultures are the ones on this planet, which are most likely to eventually result in the die off of supremacist dogma. For the first time in the history of mankind, there exist cultures amongst human beings living upon it, which may, one day, succeed in finally ending the cycle of supremacy which brings ruin to any who take it up, and those against whom it is wielded.

It's a long shot, I will grant you, but it's the only thing that makes western culture better than many others. It's potential to be the first multinational culture which eliminates dominators and power players from its citizenry by peaceful means, probably by way of those who exemplify those things eventually being unable to find breeding partners.

I quite like that part. The interventionist nonsense and a whole plethora of other concerns, including consumerism, lack of capacity for delayed gratification, and a lack of understanding generally, that the lives lived in the west and the quality of them, would be impossible unless the governments and corporations of those nations were involved in making slaves of the rest of the world, of one sort or another... That whole situation sucks, but there is always a silver lining.

Imagine a nation full of people who are aware that individuals are equal, that none are fit to lead, that all are duty bound to take part in the affairs of the nation, that these are not the responsibility of a particular few, but a duty and honour bestowed upon all, and that all can be trusted because none carry the seed of supremacy and by extension the seed of hate.....

That's potential worth being proud of.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

I think what this boils down to is "backdoor racism". Maybe I coined a phase there. You can float something that appeals to a segment of society that really can't put it out there. It can be retracted but the message is sent. Kinda like the courtroom tactic.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Now come on folks. Does anyone in here think this crap is real? Just part of the psyop.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

You are all creating racism. There is no 60's racism today.

I highly doubt that if a politician felt ok putting up that gigantic sign noted in the OP.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Hate can be sneaky like that. Sometimes it's subtle. Sometimes it's overt -- like this case.

Whatever the case may be, this kind of hatred towards others who are different (fill in the blank here) has always been around, which is a pity. It is such a shame that racism and xenophobia is alive and kickin' in this day and age.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
The sign is gone now.
So this furore is a little over zealous.

Doesn't matter. It's been said. The sad part is that many still hold this belief but don't put it out there because, well, they can't.

Nevertheless, hopefully he won't become a Congressman.
This backward way of thinking needs to be shunned from the highest levels to the lowest.

It will be telling if he is. Is there such a thing as "institutional racism"?
Of course there is.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

No one said he couldn't run.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
a reply to: intrepid

Hate can be sneaky like that. Sometimes it's subtle. Sometimes it's overt -- like this case.

Whatever the case may be, this kind of hatred towards others who are different (fill in the blank here) has always been around, which is a pity. It is such a shame that racism and xenophobia is alive and kickin' in this day and age.

You sound like a person who may have struggled with it in your past. Some sorts of race issue of one sort or another.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

If you're asking if racism/xenophobia is something I've experienced first hand...

Then the answer is, yes, I have. However, it's not something I've ever considered a struggle. Just a string of unconnected experiences spread out over a lifetime. Life can be oddly complex in that sense.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
There is a mixed race president in the White House. Shut up with the racism talk.

You are all creating racism. There is no 60's racism today. There is no modern day racism except maybe for the fact no one can say anything that could be considered racist, not even defined racist.

Bigots? Rev Al comes to mind. You know, the one who hates anyone who is not black and does not give him money. This is a bigot. Donald Trump has not made ONE racist remark. Racism is putting your race above others. HE HAS NEVER SAID NOT IMPLIED THIS. He pointed out criminals from Mexico.

This is what is wrong with our country.

Me - Hey you see that guy over there?
Lefty McLeft - where?
Me - The guy in the red shirt
Lefty McLeft - who..point him out
Me - The guy at the end of the bar next to the pretty girl
Lefty McLeft - I don't see who you are pointing out..
Me - He is wearing a baseball
Lefty McLeft - Still do not see him
Me - You do not see the black guy?
Lefty McLeft - bigot...do you also hate gays?

That is it in the nutshell.

My kids are raised color blind. They are raised to respect and learn all religions. They are raised not to look for differences but what they can learn from others. If more people did that, you would not have racism.

You come off as one hell of an insensitive, condescending, disrespectful individual. I don't know where you get your news but black people don't give a damn about Al Sharpton or Jackass Jackson. You just received the memo and speak on things you are sure of. And you know DAMN well that O is NOT viewed as a "Biracial" president. He's considered to be BLACK just like my daughters whom I share with my WHITE wife. Be real about this.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: maria_stardust

I think what this boils down to is "backdoor racism". Maybe I coined a phase there. You can float something that appeals to a segment of society that really can't put it out there. It can be retracted but the message is sent. Kinda like the courtroom tactic.

You just coined a new phrase! We heard it here first, folks! Cheers

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

You know what the best thing about western culture is?

airbnb with a black face in your profile pic.

thats what i like the most about western/european countries i visited....

what about you? is it still the hope thing? nice.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Watch when the Natives start getting kicked out of their area due to White Supremecy like KKK taking over. You better be ready for WW3.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . .

it was NOT

"Native" American to begin with, either.

And the fallen angel offspring, cannibalistic giants 12-36 feet tall are no longer around.

edit on 22/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Okay honestly, I'm at a loss here. This is scary. How dichotomized have we become as a country? This is a sign (no pun intended) that socially we are in the midst of tremendous upheaval. Just two or three years ago, this would have been unthinkable. I'd say that I don't know what to say, but I've said a lot, and most of it is cuss words.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join