It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's puny war chest rattles GOP

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: VivreLibre

Exactly, but the man said he was self funding, which was a lie, and will continue to self fund, which is a lie. Of course, his supporters will always defend him saying it's unreasonable to think he can self fund during the general election.

Meanwhile, that's what he's preaching the ENTIRE time. People love him because he's supposedly anti establisment but all the sudden it's now okay he's establishment? It's okay he can be bought and paid for?

What the hell man?

He was self funding? You're saying he never used any of his money? I'm pretty sure that's the reason he ran such a low cost operation. In comparison, you can see the other candidates swimming in bribes/donations and practically throwing it away. I'm sure those billions of dollars are going to go to good use

“I’ll be putting up money, but won’t be completely self-funding,” the presumptive Republican nominee said in an interview Wednesday. Mr. Trump, who had largely self-financed his successful primary run, added that he would create a “world-class finance organization.” The campaign will tap his expansive personal Rolodex and a new base of supporters who aren’t on party rolls, two Trump advisers said.

Wall street journal

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

There are more than those two choices.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Seems more like a man that still doesn't want to be bought or somehow beholden to major contributors.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Did I also read he has only 30 staffers? Yeah this is a scam.

How is it a scam that he was able to run his candidacy with less staff and less money than others?
I see it as smart.

And I see it as a good sign that he will do the same and do what he said he will with our federal budget.
He said he will cut wasteful spending.
If you can make do with less, and do it successfully, then why not?
That is exactly what our federal budget needs. Smarter, more efficient management and spending.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Seems more like a man that still doesn't want to be bought or somehow beholden to major contributors.

Oh...he is selling himself...no one is buying.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Seems to me like tens of millions are buying.

Does your info come from the Onion?
edit on 6/21/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
He's a fraud and I have no reason to believe that he's as wealthy as he says he is.

A true billionaire wouldn't create scams like Trump university to prey on poor people, not to mention Trump steaks, Trump Vodka and Trump magazine.

The guy is the definition of a snake oil salesman

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Trump's campaign was built by, and is reliant on, the free media gained by Trump himself doing nutty and controversial things. If the media had blacked him out and gave him Sanders-level coverage he would not be a candidate, if they cut off that coverage, it will do massive damage to his campaign.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

It seems like the exact sort of thing a true billionaire with no actual business sense would do to get even more rich.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Seems to me like tens of millions are buying.

Does your info come from the Onion?

Uhh...then maybe they should send him a penny a piece?

Floundering Trump campaign sends out ’emergency’ email to raise $100,000 by end of the day
www.rawstory.com...

The above is not something someone with "billions" does....and he either is unwilling to bet on himself like he said he would or he is unable to come up with the money....But has no issue begging "Emergency!" his cult followers for money....which by the way, he can pay himself with when he loses..the whole "loan" thing.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

So now it comes out he is billing himself for use of the plane. Use of his hotels use of trump towers and paying his kids
Wow. Self fund my behind.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Oh rawstory.

Yeah I get it.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Keep telling yourself that.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

The Trump University deal was pushed by heavy duty Clinton supporters. This includes lawyers, judge, everyone. The few people who lodged complaints did not like that they did not make money. Well, many others made money with the information learned in the courses. The claims that they used hard sales tactics are also falsely exaggerated. The sales methods were no different than just about every other sales person uses in every business.

The other things you mention - well lots of investors try many things, and not everything is successful. That is how it works. Trump had hundreds of other successful businesses.

So, how wealthy do you think you have to be to have your own jets with your name on them, and property and businesses everywhere, and towers named after you, and thousands of employees?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Oh rawstory.

Yeah I get it.

Are you being obtuse? The email was sent to all his supporters...are you claiming he did not send it?

Uhh..OK...CNN?
www.cnn.com...

How many sources you need before you pull your head out of the sand?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That story was almost certainly false.
I am on the official Trump campaign mailing list, and never saw such an email.
Many others say the same thing.
If there was such an email, it was not from the official Trump campaign.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

So now it comes out he is billing himself for use of the plane. Use of his hotels use of trump towers and paying his kids
Wow. Self fund my behind.

You might have a heart attack if you found out how the other candidates acquire and spend money.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Well he has to self fund and fund the other guys because that is his roll as nominee.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
So we have the two most hatred candidates in history running against each other.

Actually, Trump did exceptionally well in the primaries. At a time when the Republicans were still stinking from the Bush/Cheney days and when in 08 people said the Republicans were dead and buried for many elections to come.. Trump totally obliterated the opposition in very popular fashion.

Just because he polarizes people doesn't mean hes so hated. Don't forget, DNC and Hilary have bought the media - you don't find it odd how the media deflects and ignores Hilary's woes, yet jump on trump for every word he says ?

Don't be fooled by the illusion!

One is under FBI investigation while the other may very well be a con man.

Trumps been one of the most front and centre media people, business men in the US for a long time. If he was a conman, dont you think he'd have been hand cuffed long ago?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

That story was almost certainly false.
I am on the official Trump campaign mailing list, and never saw such an email.
Many others say the same thing.
If there was such an email, it was not from the official Trump campaign.

I see we are in denial world here...It has been cited and reported verbatim by every media outlet left, right and center for the past 48 hours...and Trumps campaign has NOT denied they sent it out when repeatedly asked about it.

Of course it's real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join