It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the process of fracking , step by step

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
first of all i know that many of you know how fracking done
but i thought it is some thing to look at for those who dont know some of the tiny facts of this process

so after visiting this site i found that its easy to understand
but on the other hand not so easy to accept

so here we go

What goes in and out of Hydraulic Fracturing

sorry for posting too many pics but i thought it was easy to understand this way

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Like lots of products we buy everyday, the true cost is hidden. It is always going to be some poor sap in the future that is going to flip the bill for our cheap products now.

If the fracking hydraulic fluid is indeed toxic, how can a company get away with putting that amount into the ground?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Fun fact, it costs oil companies a MINIMUM of 8 million dollars to even start to drill with each rig.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Thought I'd add a visual of the Fracturing process underway…

edit on 21-6-2016 by intrptr because: changed videos

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Fun fact, it costs oil companies a MINIMUM of 8 million dollars to even start to drill with each rig.

Wonder what he minimum profit is? Or is that why the oil companies get subsidies?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No one wants to see how the sausage is made.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That's why the gas market is such crap because each well is such a big investment that when gas prices are so low it doesn't even pay to try.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well all the fracking is to cut oil dependence and transition to cleaner energy and since vehicles cannot make that jump all at once in entire countries the step of course is to switch to natural gas which is a minor modification that allows it to be used instead of petro...

Of course, unless that sector gets entrenched and the standard vechile isnt phazed out then of course the fracking issue becomes a greater concern... it already is in many persons eyes... but the stranglehold of having once been dependent on oil... many countries are wanting to move away from that dendendency... of course those so entrenched in the oil markets arent going to like the competition fracking brings.

Its a catch 22 try to use it as a transition to help stabilize the world and its economy to cleaner energy or allow such entrenchment to continue and hopefully fracking isnt dragged out either in that transition phase...

Transparency of policy is what should and could avoid a lot of public outcry in the need for such things... as what is worse millions of useless cars that have no fuel in such a transition or one that allows a gentler transition everyone can afford without as much environmental impact all at once?

In such issues one has to try to see all sides as possible and from positions people are trying to speak from when there is a yea, nay or no fracking way on any side that may appear in the larger picture when all pieces are taken into account.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

8 million is a lot of money, if they loose money how do they stay in business?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

That's why a ton went out of business recently. They have to make sure gas prices are high so they can make each rig count if they have a dud. But Exxon and other companies are hedged in other parts of the oil and gas business so they can afford it
edit on 21-6-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

No, the Fracking companies don't want us to see it. Thats why the videos are unlisted and why comments section are disabled.

Heres part one…

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: seasonal

No, the Fracking companies don't want us to see it. Thats why the videos are unlisted and why comments section are disabled.

Heres part one…

Watched the both videos, and with out knowing what is happening it's hard for me to get my tail in a knot. Looks like a plastic lined pool with something bubbling up. Any more info, like what, where and why. This is what a water main leak looks like.

The reason I say no one likes to see how the sausage is made is because we are insulated from a lot of the harsh truth to how our modern life is delivered to us. From how meat is provided to how we get our cheap shoes, it can be and is more often than not brutal and hard to watch.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It has to be said, but frack right off!

Ever get the feeling there's some people around here that care more about the cash than the actual place in which we all dwell?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Watched the both videos, and with out knowing what is happening it's hard for me to get my tail in a knot. Looks like a plastic lined pool with something bubbling up. Any more info, like what, where and why. This is what a water main leak looks like.

No, its Fracking chemicals interacting below ground and bubbling up in the lined pit. Thats what that looks and sounds like. Deep underground the rock is being explosively fractured by the pressure produced from the 600 plus chemical they pump down there. The fracturing process is a direct result of this. The tiny vent hole at the surface and the pit are just a fraction of the millions of gallons of water and mixture chemicals involved. Down there along the drill shafts the gases expand into the rock causing fractures that let out more gas and oil.

They line the pit to keep the chemicals form escaping in to the environment on the surface, but the real down the road problems how it affects the underground aquifers and eventually the water shed, streams and rivers around there.

You've seen video of peoples faucets and streams catching fire? Of toxic chemicals ruining wells people need to water their crops and livestock, let alone drink? How about the fumes from the well heads after they finish the tracking process?

Al the drilling transporting by tanker and injecting of chemicals into the shafts leads to that process you see there in the video.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

many thanks for your contribution to the thread

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The fact any of this happens is beyond me. It reminds me of a story my dad told me when I was an old man.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
After reading the first slide and seeing that they can't even define "hydraulic fracturing" correctly, I knew this thread would be filled with misinformation and people would eat it up. Because lets face it, to quote Gregg Valentino from the movie "Bigger Stronger Faster", people fear what they don't know.

What is even MORE concerning, is that they release dihydrogen monoxide into the atmosphere. Not only is this compound found in EVERY single person that has cancer, it is in our water supply also. (DHMO) www.lhup.edu...

edit on 22-6-2016 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2016 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There are stricter regulations now to decrease toxic emissions emitted from hydraulic fracking and advances in technology has helped as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The lack of knowledge demostrated about the subject matter of hydraulic fracturing is atrocious. The entire presentation seems to be given talking points generated by someone who couldn't solve a middle school algebra problem, much less the calculations required to design and perform a stimulation to produce produce oil or gas.

top topics

join