It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Always the drugs, huh..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So i sat down at the dinner table and listened to elderly woman talking about her sons problem.. She blamed the drugs for making him into a monster.. He went in and out of juvenile hall and in adulthood head on and ended up behind bars.. The charges kept on growing, but she said;" I will always be there for him".
The cause was the drugs, nothing else..

I listened to a woman who blamed everything and everyone else. I had enough and said;" The fault is yours, the only problem he ever had in life was you, you failed as a mother.. "

And i was ready to leave, she sat quiet and started to cry.. And i said;" Think of all the nights he cried when you werent there, but im sure it was the drugs "

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
well then, what a kind person you are.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
One question for you, was it a kind and wise thing you said to the old lady.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
So i sat down at the dinner table and listened to elderly woman talking about her sons problem.. She blamed the drugs for making him into a monster.. He went in and out of juvenile hall and in adulthood head on and ended up behind bars.. The charges kept on growing, but she said;" I will always be there for him".

I listened to a woman who blamed everything and everyone else. I had enough and said;" The fault is yours, the only problem he ever had in life was you, you failed as a mother.. "

And i was ready to leave, she sat quiet and started to cry.. And i said;" Think of all the nights he cried when you werent there, but im sure it was the drugs "

Something to consider: you can no more blame a bad parent than you can the drugs. In the end, its the individuals fault.

Beyond that, speaking mean and hard to an elderly lady isn't something to brag about.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Here is where you and I see different, you place to much faith in humans doing the right thing, and I say we are empty vessels and just primates

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think you feel bad about what you said to the old lady and seek approval/acceptance here.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Here is where you and I see different, you place to much faith in humans doing the right thing, and I say we are empty vessels and just primates

We are not empty vessels but we do sometime speak hurtfull words and feel empty afterwards

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang
are you 12? because I wouldn't be surprised... i think your the only primate, disrespecting people for no good reason besides your own arrogance.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

My mother didn't give me drugs nor did she ever make them sound cool in fact she hated drugs with a passion,she was always there for me when I needed her the most it was not her fault I took drugs it was mine.
She never failed as a mother either only I failed as a son as I took drugs knowing full well it was hurting my mother.your post sucks and you emotionally hurt a older women for no reason

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

primates??? i doubt that but what whatever you want to say to make yourself feel better

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Depends....was she an enabler?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Why would you go to extremes and assume something from a person you probably don't know anything about? I've seen people go in and out of prison where their parents are the most caring people. I've seen them fall into drugs repeatedly, steal, cheat, but none of that has a thing to do with the parent.

I would say their problem more resides on themselves as an individual and the people they choose to associate with. I suggest you educate yourself on the matter and go find that lady and apologize to her.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

primates??? i doubt that but what whatever you want to say to make yourself feel better

IMHO the OP is hurting, hurting them back is not going to help. Think how bad they feel to write such a post

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: darknewt
I agree 100%, well said my friend.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

Arrogance? Most of the problem in society is because the parents fail, but it's easier to blame something or someone else..

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
ATS is not the place to find what you are looking for.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I had a bad childhood and was pretty depresed and fearful of doing anything in front of anybody because my dad made me so afraid of doing things the right way. I never knew when I would be yelled at for no reason.. I still flinch if people walk to close to me.

I went the drug route to escape.
And then I used it to heal me.
forgave it all.

I've never gone to jail or been arrested or done anything bad really. I'm a sweetheart.

What I'm saying is you can't blame drugs or parents.. It's a whole mix of issues, but personally I was like I have free will right? then from now on my life is mine. that was when I started getting better, that exact moment.
edit on 21-6-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: ware2010

Arrogance? Most of the problem in society is because the parents fail, but it's easier to blame something or someone else..

So we can safely assume your parents failed to teach you to keep your mouth shut and mind your own business? I mean what kind of parent approves of making an old woman cry due to plain ignorance of the situation.

link   
a reply to: imod02

You mean placing my own opinion in the general chit chat forum? I'm sure you disagree with many things in life doesn't always mean you are right in your belief

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang just out of curiosity, how well do you know these people? You were at the dinner table with this woman and I'm guessing she may be a family member? I'm thinking this whole situation has effected you on a personal level.
Otherwise your story seems very odd.
You might receive some understanding if you let us know why the woman and her son affected you enough to lash out at the woman concerning the pain her son was in when he was crying alone.... were you/are you close to the son and felt like telling the woman what he could not?

edit on 21-6-2016 by peppycat because: tablet acting weird

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join