It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After outcry, FBI releases full transcript of Orlando nightclub shooting call

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

(CNN)The FBI on Monday afternoon released a full transcript of the 911 call Orlando Pulse nightclub shooter Omar Mateen made during his June 12 rampage inside the club, which left 49 people dead.

"I let you know, I'm in Orlando and I did the shootings," Mateen told the dispatcher in the 2:35 a.m. call, according to the transcript.
When the dispatcher asked for his name, Mateen replied: "My name is I pledge of allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi of the Islamic State."
Authorities also defended the decision, saying it was meant to avoid lending credence to terrorist leaders. "We're not going to propagate their rhetoric, their violent rhetoric," FBI Special Agent Ron Hopper said. He also said the decision not to release audio, or details of victims' calls to 911, was to avoid further traumatizing those who were inside the club.

After outcry, FBI releases full transcript of Orlando nightclub shooting call

There you go. Now most of you have your wish. You have just validated the power of someone who wants nothing more than that validation.

NYPost

No tapes yet though. But hope you're all a little happier now.

Also, this was released yesterday while all the raving and ranting went on and on in the other thread.

FBI Site: Investigative Update Regarding Pulse Nightclub Shooting

Above was released 22 hours ago...or at about page 5 of 19 on the other thread. But whatever. That's ATS these days. Pile on and damn the facts.

Mute the following, but it appears that this is the full 50-second transcript. Again, still no audio.

The unredacted transcript goes as follows:

2:35 a.m.: Shooter contacted a 911 operator from inside Pulse. The call lasted approximately 50 seconds:

(OD) Orlando Police Dispatcher (OM) Omar Mateen

OD: Emergency 911, this is being recorded.

OM: In the name of God the Merciful, the beneficent [Arabic]

OD: What?

OM: Praise be to God, and prayers as well as peace be upon the prophet of God [Arabic]. I wanna let you know, I'm in Orlando and I did the shootings.

OD: What's your name?

OM: My name is I pledge of allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi of the Islamic State.

OD: Ok, What's your name?

OM: I pledge allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi may God protect him [Arabic], on behalf of the Islamic State.

OD: Alright, where are you at?

OM: In Orlando.

OD: Where in Orlando?

[End of call.] [Source]

edit on 6/21/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

When the dispatcher asked for his name, Mateen replied: "My name is I pledge of allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi of the Islamic State."

Thats not his name. So he's a killer and a liar… lol, go figure.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

... and 49 people are still dead, and 49 others are still wounded.

Perhaps if the FBI had prefaced the call with "radical Islamic terrorism" ....

/s

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yep. That may have made all the difference. Unbelievable.

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Or maybe if they had treated him as a radical Islamist the many times they were tipped off,or the times he was under investigation, they would of never let him out of their sight. Yes, if we can't even say the word, we can assume our security is suffering from the same dissonance (as evidenced)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Or maybe if they had treated him as a radical Islamist the many times they were tipped off,or the times he was under investigation, they would of never let him out of their sight. Yes, if we can't even say the word, we can assume our security is suffering from the same dissonance (as evidenced)

What was it you were saying the other day about "due process"? Or does that only apply to non-Muslims?

But for goodness sakes, whatever the case, let's make sure he can still buy guns ...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The original narrative was that he was a crazy loon who pledged to multiple opposing factions during the massacre. So far it's only ISIS and he stated that multiple times. An audio release of the whole incident would be much better, leaves less to the imagination. So far it still seems the Fed tried to colored the incident to their narrative, until of course they were called out.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

According to other FBI reports, from their earlier investigation, this dude, an American citizen who broke no laws at the time, didn't even know if he was Sunni or Shia. So it seems this American citizen was afforded his rights, both in being removed from the list and purchasing the weapons. Yeah, no dissonance there at all.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
The original narrative was that he was a crazy loon who pledged to multiple opposing factions during the massacre. So far it's only ISIS and he stated that multiple times. An audio release of the whole incident would be much better, leaves less to the imagination. So far it still seems the Fed tried to colored the incident to their narrative, until of course they were called out.

The gunman had called 911 during the attack at the Pulse nightclub early on Sunday to express his allegiance to ISIL. But Comey - who believed Mateen had "strong signs of radicalisation" - said that in the past few years, the gunman also expressed support for both al-Qaeda and Hezbollah.

The FBI investigated Omar Mateen for 10 months beginning in May 2013 after he was said to have inflammatory remarks in support of terrorists.

Aljazeera

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Are you suggesting our security did not miserably fail? Because if you were, I'd have to believe you are having a temporary moment of "igmoism", but yes let's carry on robotically about banning weapons, and I have no clue about the due process stuff link me.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

According to other FBI reports, from their earlier investigation, this dude, an American citizen who broke no laws at the time, didn't even know if he was Sunni or Shia.

That sounds .. implausible.

Maybe they mean that he did not identify is either, but simply as muslim. He definitely would have known though.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Are you suggesting our security did not miserably fail? Because if you were, I'd have to believe you are having a temporary moment of "igmoism", but yes let's carry on robotically about banning weapons, and I have no clue about the due process stuff link me.

Mateen was an American citizen. The FBI investigated him because of multiple occasions of him praising terrorist organizations. Interestingly, that is not against the law in the United States.

In what way did security "fail"? Are you arguing that the FBI was supposed to be able to foretell the future? Are you now on the side of holding American citizens for "thought crimes"?

No one here (besides you) is talking about "banning weapons." And how interesting you choose to cite me for being "robotic" when that's the same phrase heard again and again whenever we address the fact that a suspected terrorist was able to freely purchase weapons in this country, because ... "due process."

So, let's summarize, and please correct this if I'm being unfair to your enlightened opinions on the matter ... it's "due process" when someone like Mateen gets to buy guns, but throw that all out the door if an American is Muslim and suspected of terrorist ties ...

Is that about right?

edit on 21-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I have no idea what to say if it doesn't come across this time.

1.Man was Investigated for Islamic extremism ties

2.Man was deemed a non threat

3.Man had FBI called at gun shop

4.Man went on to commit an attack in which he claims allegiance to an extremist group.

Number 4. validates number 1. Which means the investigation failed in someway because their Intial thoughts were correct. So this could of been prevented then, or possibly at juncture number 3. And I'm leaving stuff out here, but yes our security failed and we need to investigate the reasons it did.

link   

So no transcripts or audio to prove that he did support multiple "radical Islamist" groups. Just take their word for it. But at the moment it seems that regardless of transcripts he is still a confused and probably crazy "radical Islamist". But ya lets blame the GUNS.
edit on 21-6-2016 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Well, I think it's not unreasonable to believe that if they used all the tools at their disposal on of the 3 times they were investigating him, i.e. Warrantless wiretapping Internet spying...

Then they probably would have accumulated enough evidence to take some action.

They can do pretty much whatever they want under the Patriot act as it is.

They've charged people with terrorism for less.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Goes to his pledging "allegiance" to Hezzbollah and al Qaeda too. Then ISIS/ISIL. What we have here is a self-taught radical.

As a side note, the person who originally reported his suspicious behavior was a Muslim too.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

So no transcripts or audio to prove that he did support multiple "radical Islamist" groups. Just take their word for it. But at the moment it seems that regardless of transcripts he is still a confused and probably crazy "radical Islamist". But ya lets blames the GUNS.

If you're really interested, look up the transcript of Direct Comey's speech. He describes Mateen as radicalized.

No one is blaming your precious guns for this crime. It is fascinating though that is the focus of concern here.

Too bad about all the dead Americans, but at least he was able to exercise his 2nd Amendment rights.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Even better, he gets to work for and be licensed by a company that provides security for the US government!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Our security failed, period end of story, and knowing how will help us in the future and save lives.

Do you somehow think an investigation into that security failure isn't going to take place?
edit on 21-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Of course it failed. But did he or did he not get due process? FBI may have flubbed a few things. I don''t think we have all the facts.

ETA: But back to the transcript. I would like to hear the audio...not that that can't be faked.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join