It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Robber Shot by Pharmacy Employee during Robbery Attempt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
In my home state of PA we do love our guns, and have many of them. Good thing to.

Armed Robber

According to police, a man in a mask walked into Antietam Pharmacy in Waynesboro around 5:15 p.m. Monday with a gun. He threatened employees and demanded money and drugs.

One of the employees, fearing for his life and others, drew his own gun and shot the would-be robber several times, WPMT reports.

Take the guns take the guns!

I've read so many times people say that even if they did have a gun they couldn't use it for x amount of reasons. Well people I think your wrong.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The robber should have looked for a gun free zone.

I feel for the employee, it must be a tough thing to shoot another person. For the robber, if he lives, I hope this is a live changing event.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He won't find many of those in PA.

Toughest state in the union better believe it!

triblive.com...

So obsessed with wrestling are Pennsylvanians that, in the wake of schools cutting some varsity sports, rolling up the wrestling mats is about as rare here as Canada flooding hockey rinks or England deflating all of its soccer balls.

edit on 6/20/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
In my home state of PA we do love our guns, and have many of them. Good thing to.

Armed Robber

According to police, a man in a mask walked into Antietam Pharmacy in Waynesboro around 5:15 p.m. Monday with a gun. He threatened employees and demanded money and drugs.

One of the employees, fearing for his life and others, drew his own gun and shot the would-be robber several times, WPMT reports.

Take the guns take the guns!

I've read so many times people say that even if they did have a gun they couldn't use it for x amount of reasons. Well people I think your wrong.

I see instances everyday of law abiding gun owners defending themselves and others against the criminal element.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion Ive never shot anyone and dont want to. I dont want to see the mess. This is what I pick up when there is a strange sound in my house. Its only a 5 shooter, and weighs in over 5 lbs. It actually hurts to shoot. It pulls muscles in the palm of my hand, even with gloves.
I had a buddy at work comment last week that" even though it holds only 5 rounds, you could probably kill 50 people with that gun, without reloading".

edit on 20-6-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

What kind of cannon is that?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I've read so many times people say that even if they did have a gun they couldn't use it for x amount of reasons.

I never understood that mentality. Once someone crosses the line and endangers your person and property our social contract with that person is voided. I have no issue with defending myself and wouldn't lose any sleep over killing someone that was robbing or attacking me or mine.

I would never START it, but I have no problem finishing it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

That is a beauty! The boots too.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

What kind of cannon is that?
That is a Smith and Wesson 500. Its a true 50 calibur Magnum. Its all stainless Steel. $1300
Thanks for your question Bro

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: onequestion Ive never shot anyone and dont want to. I dont want to see the mess. This is what I pick up when there is a strange sound in my house. Its only a 5 shooter, and weighs in over 5 lbs. It actually hurts to shoot. It pulls muscles in the palm of my hand, even with gloves.
I had a buddy at work comment last week that" even though it holds only 5 rounds, you could probably kill 50 people with that gun, without reloading".

thats a lovely bit of hardware you got there.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

If the robber was shot with an assault rifle, will the pharmacist be charged ??

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

That is a beauty! The boots too.
Yuh ought to see the old Scoots I ride with those boots. I have a 49 and a 53. Jay Leno has one just like my 53 so Im told. My 53 is a museum quality powder coat restoration, all original chrome all over, and barrel springs. My 49, I sent out the motor and had it bored out ( in Tennessee) and put on a big Mikuni carburator on it. I call the 49 my rat bike, but its reaI pretty too It has a decal of snoopy on his doghouse on it, goes fast. Its loud.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz Thanks Bro! It is painful to shoot though. The rounds go way faster and way farther then a 357. I tested it. The rounds are expensive too!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I hope no one breaks into your house! Splat

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I hope no one breaks into your house! Splat
They will be allowed to lay down until police arrive. I dont want to make use of this thing, unless absolutely necessary. I dont want to see daylight through any person. I will if necessary though, then quickly look away

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
.a reply to: visitedbythem

Yeah, at about a buck a slug. Those things are fun, but god the ammo ain't cheap

My cousin has one. And it is definitely a hand cannon. The barrel is almost as long as my damn forearm.
edit on 20-6-2016 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The robber should have looked for a gun free zone.

I feel for the employee, it must be a tough thing to shoot another person. For the robber, if he lives, I hope this is a live changing event.

The first one is hard, second is easier, once you get up to a half dozen, it becomes business. It sounds callous, but it's kinda true.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
.a reply to: visitedbythem

Yeah, at about a buck a slug. Those things are fun, but god the ammo ain't cheap

My cousin has one. And it is definitely a hand cannon. The barrel is almost as long as my damn forearm.
Ine got several rounds put away. I wish they were a dollar a round. I think more like 3 bucks each, maybe 27 bucks for 10 rounds/

You should ask to fire it some time. Just hold on with two hands. I do fire mine single handleyly, but it hurts the next day, and several days thereafter
edit on 20-6-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

now that's a real hog leg, i bet if a thug saw you skin it, he sh@@ himself.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Don`t think of it as killing another human being think of it as a late term abortion in fact the news should report it as such, " an armed robber was aborted from society today when a clerk at the business that was being robbed pulled a gun and shot the would be robber"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join